Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen whether they’re cadaver dogs or not. It’s insanely cold here right now, it’ll be worse tomorrow.

It sounds like LE has given them a grid to search and they’re working under their guidance. It’s been almost 4 wks since she’s been seen.
CCSR had live video update an hour ago and was answering questions. He said there were 4-5 dogs with the team. No one asked what type. Hoping he does another Q & A soon though he may not answer that specific question.

Couldn't agree more. No mention of who the man & woman were that went to the bar with SS. The woman left the bar earlier, but SS wanted to stay. No mention of where this girlfriend went after leaving the bar and how she got there. No mention of when the man left.
>>They probably have all been questioned, but asked to remain silent. Also, remember that when the names of individuals who are questioned reach the media, things have the potential of becoming miserable with all the media attention.

CCSR had live video update an hour ago and was answering questions. He said there were 4-5 dogs with the team. No one asked what type. Hoping he does another Q & A soon though he may not answer that specific question.

I can’t get their website to work. Some SAR websites have profiles of the dogs and what their certifications are. I was trying to see if they had any info on their site

I can’t get their website to work. Some SAR websites have profiles of the dogs and what their certifications are. I was trying to see if they had any info on their site
I'm thinking they may work via FB only? Site doesn't work for me either.

This is all I could find from when they worked during Hurricane Harvey.
"Wade’s K-9 team is a mix of shepherds, Belgian Malinois and mixed breeds. The 12 dogs are split into two categories: live rescue and recovery."
Meet the Heroes of Hurricane Harvey – American Kennel Club

This is all I could find from when they worked during Hurricane Harvey.
"Wade’s K-9 team is a mix of shepherds, Belgian Malinois and mixed breeds. The 12 dogs are split into two categories: live rescue and recovery."
Meet the Heroes of Hurricane Harvey – American Kennel Club

I was just reading the same thing! In the live earlier, the guy mentioned people submitting questions that could be answered when he goes live again. It might be worth a shot to ask.

Has the possibility been ruled out that after her (SS) early morning/evening sojourn with the 2-3 men (and the one other woman) that she may have happened upon a fourth person (s) (not connected with the previous individuals) later on??? Friday night/morning----a lot of people are out....

Has the possibility been ruled out that after her (SS) early morning/evening sojourn with the 2-3 men (and the one other woman) that she may have happened upon a fourth person (s) (not connected with the previous individuals) later on??? Friday night/morning----a lot of people are out....
Based on what has been released I don't think anything has been ruled out. JMO

Nothing has really been ruled out. At first they were looking for only two guys, the two in the security footage from that night. After finding the guy who drove the truck, it led them to the second guy and a third guy was added. It’s possible there’s more that they haven’t said anything about.

I can't say for sure with this team but the pup in the photo getting his boots on looks like a young Malinois, a breed commonly trained for recovery. My guess is they have a mixed of dogs and will be deploying at various locations.

There’s also a pretty good possibility that LE has advised them not to speak. I kind of don’t blame them. People on other forums have been reaching out to family members of the house that was searched, ex gf’s of Savannah’s ex, Savannah’s own family members etc and then sharing information with everyone on SM. In turn, anyone associated with Savannah seems to get bashed online and accusations have been thrown around- that alone would discourage me from speaking in the media.

ETA: spelling :(

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I've seen other cases where family/friends have not spoken to the media and they are slain in social media, other cases they do speak, and they are slain on social media. Hard to say what I'd do in their shoes.

I read rain can actually refresh a scent but am not sure how that works with the weather they are having.

It's been so wet, that even with the frigid temps here now, the ground still gives and sinks in, when you walk. The terrain where they retrieved the vehicle, can be quite rugged, like most of Appalachia. A close relation's grandparents, had a farm very near there. The area is a favored place for them to ride, so, when we go out on the motorcycles, we drive through that area a lot. Beautiful countryside.

Brief summary of video 1/29/2019 @ 3:23 p.m.

He said they are watching the weather, and it will be a factor in the search, b/c of the frigid temps (That's about all I'm going to summarize on that b/c the weather here can change by the hour). He said that they are desperately working the case but they just can't release anything right now. There are no civilians assisting right now. The team has the full support of Richmond PD, and he thinks that RPD is doing things "textbook perfect". He also said that, to the folks who were being critical of RPD, and RPD's lack of releasing information, he asked folks to give the RPD a break, b/c it has to do with the integrity of the case.

Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team

He said they are watching the weather, and it will be a factor in the search, b/c of the frigid temps (That's about all I'm going to summarize on that b/c the weather here can change by the hour). He said that they are desperately working the case but they just can't release anything right now. There are no civilians assisting right now. The team has the full support of Richmond PD, and he thinks that RPD is doing things "textbook perfect". He also said that, to the folks who were being critical of RPD, and RPD's lack of releasing information, he asked folks to give the RPD a break, b/c it has to do with the integrity of the case.

IMO this is sounding more and more like a recovery of remains unfortunately. Poor Savannah.

Apologies. Did not see your post when I posted similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member