Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, it’s not been said whether or not she knew either one of the guys she was seen leaving with. There’s a possibility she knew one, or both, of them. I definitely had friends that my parents didn’t know, or even other friends didn’t know. Her mom stated in one of the vids that she was going through some issues so it’s possible that she was going through things that those closest to her knew nothing about :(

In this case with 5 week old twins plus two other kids at home you can add in perhaps exhaustion, perhaps post partum hormonal changes, maybe drinking for first time in a while, perhaps someone slipped her something or she plain just let her guard down. We don't know why she was out, perhaps she had a falling out, needed a stress reliever, god knows what. Pray to god she is okay.

Well, she got a DUI on 12/21 so it wasn't her first time since giving birth.

@jULIA_bEE explains the dry, wet and moist counties or towns really well. It sounds like people travel out of dry counties to go to bars and it increases DUIs because of all the travel involved. With 4 kids 2 of them being twins and only five weeks old that can't be easy. Hormones, postpartum depression or just stress can affect decisions. Drinking and driving isn't okay, but taking time to see friends and get out of the house is healthy. It can keep you sane.

I’m not real sure we’re allowed to discuss the mugshot in here. Also, a dui here doesn’t necessarily have to be for drinking.

ETA: people are assuming it’s a dui but that’s not what is stated. It doesn’t have to be for alcohol.

Last edited:
So, here's something weird. I live in Lex. A coworker of mine lives in Richmond. We were sitting around today talking about this, and she mentioned her boyfriend knew Savannah in some way, so he's friends with her on FB. They weren't close or anything I don't guess.

Apparently people on her friends list have been contacted by an account claiming to be Savannah. According to my co-worker's boyfriend, many people have had this account contact them with similar messages. They've all been forwarded to the police.

I've attached some screenshots and edited out the name of the person that was contacted.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 478
  • Screenshot_20190110-141723.png
    Screenshot_20190110-141723.png
    418.9 KB · Views: 474
  • Screenshot_20190110-141812.png
    Screenshot_20190110-141812.png
    341 KB · Views: 462
So, here's something weird. I live in Lex. A coworker of mine lives in Richmond. We were sitting around today talking about this, and she mentioned her boyfriend knew Savannah in some way, so he's friends with her on FB. They weren't close or anything I don't guess.

Apparently people on her friends list have been contacted by an account claiming to be Savannah. According to my co-worker's boyfriend, many people have had this account contact them with similar messages. They've all been forwarded to the police.

I've attached some screenshots and edited out the name of the person that was contacted.

People are vile to make hoax like this

People are vile to make hoax like this

Yeah, I agree. Why would somebody do something like that? Take the time to get the photos, make the FB page, message multiple people, etc.

Hopefully the police can investigate it. I can't tell if the person claiming to be Savannah is legitimately bad with English and not a native speaker, or if they're pretending. But I can assure you, nobody in central Kentucky says "market" unless it's a farmer's market.

Yeah, I agree. Why would somebody do something like that? Take the time to get the photos, make the FB page, message multiple people, etc.

Hopefully the police can investigate it. I can't tell if the person claiming to be Savannah is legitimately bad with English and not a native speaker, or if they're pretending. But I can assure you, nobody in central Kentucky says "market" unless it's a farmer's market.
I can't imagine what that would be like to recieve for someone like her mom. What is the purpose? Is this a scam or just pure cruelness?

I can't imagine what that would be like to recieve for someone like her mom. What is the purpose? Is this a scam or just pure cruelness?

Seems like an incredibly dumb thing to do. Messaging multiple people and requesting them to contact police is just asking to be identified through an investigation, so I'd imagine it's just somebody being callous and not somebody related to this potential crime.

Whoever sent those screenshot does NOT speak English as their first language. It's not unheard of for scammers (often from Nigeria or other African countries) to pretend someone has been kidnapped to see if they can get money for (useless) info or release of someone they never had.

Whoever sent those screenshot does NOT speak English as their first language. It's not unheard of for scammers (often from Nigeria or other African countries) to pretend someone has been kidnapped to see if they can get money for (useless) info or release of someone they never had.

I mean you know they will ask to have money sent to South Africa....because they are from there trying to scam.

Yeah, it being a scam does seem likely. If it were really her, or even somebody related to her disappearance, I don't think they would have messaged people so arbitrarily. It would have been family, close friends, coworkers.

But I guess a young, missing mother is a great opportunity for some kinds of people. smh.

This exact topic is being discussed on Dr. Phil at this very moment.

I was thinking along the same line. Where they have a ransom or offer to let her be bought out of sexual slavery. I don't know if they are going for one large payment or by hitting up multiple contacts they plan on asking for money for airfare or something like that to send her home.

but the messages say to call the police - that isn't usually how those scams work, is it? how can they want you to send money if they want you to call the police? I want to learn so I can always make sure my mom is never taken advantage of!

That said, the messages seem totally fake. Totally. How sad...

but the messages say to call the police - that isn't usually how those scams work, is it? how can they want you to send money if they want you to call the police? I want to learn so I can always make sure my mom is never taken advantage of!

That said, the messages seem totally fake. Totally. How sad...

I found it strange that whoever is behind that profile asked several people to contact police. It seems like that would work against the person trying to scam her contacts.

But, let's say it's her. How would that work? She would have to have been taken somewhere that she believe is in South America or whatever. Then she would have had to be left alone with access to a phone or computer. Which means she is somewhere with electricity and she's not bound or at least able to escape her binds. Then she would have to access Facebook, make an account, go through whatever email verification is required, access her old page for a photo, upload her photo, and then arbitrarily select people to message. And if it were just a phone I think she'd need a separate app for Messenger, right?

Just seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member