Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this still accurate?

WKYT reports that Richmond Police searched a house in Garrard County, but they did not disclose what they were looking for. The home at Perkins Lane and Fall Lick Road belongs to the parents of one of two men Savannah Spurlock was last seen with. Police seized a car from the property.

That is accurate.

So you do judge her, the missing woman, but don’t judge people who think she should have been home?

<modsnip rude>. Seems one would be more inclined to not judge a victim, rather than an idle commenter, but YMMV
There is a difference between victim blaming and having good common sense.
I can go downtown and dance naked on a truck and nobody has the right to stop me. But if I do it's because I was very foolish to do that in a world full of crazy people.
So there's that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my first baby at 19.

I can’t imagine 4 of them by 22.

This woman had 4 kids. Even if the Dad(s) helped at times, trying to work, take care of multiple kids, carry on any sort of relationships/friendship.

You’re also constantly caught between wanting to be a normal young person and be a responsible parent.

She is young and has energy. We don’t know that she wasn’t with her kids all week 24/7 and then their Dad took them for a day so she could have a night off.

I went out when I was her age and my son was safe.

Anyone here who is a Mom knows we need time too. We are more than just a Mom.

Anyway, I don’t think Savannah is alive.

Jmo many people (possibly 50% seeing how split this country is) do form harsh opinions of what women should and should not do. That is a lot of people. The media has a lot to answer for in their headlines in this case, and others. Those headlines make some people form instant impressions and they either lose interest or read on.

If anyone reads of a search for Savannah in the coming week, would you please ping me? I’ll fly down from Chicago if they’re accepting civilian volunteers. Thank you!
This group is heading there this is their FBpage where you can contact them.
Book early snow predicted in the Chicagoland area. Safe travels!!!
Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team

That’s very generous of you! I see that you’re a verified expert. Are you in the SAR business?

No, not at all, I just know they sometimes allow civilians to help out. With the 3 year old boy recently found alive, they’d been declining volunteers and did professionals only, so I figured I would ask here, where the locals are, as they’d hear about any large-scale searches.

People think she “should have been home” and so they’re disinterested? Doesn’t speak very highly of the area, then, because that’s particularly offensive.

I'm getting a vibe that it may be thought that drugs are at play. A lot of folks, don't get that concerned if their loved one/friend, doesn't show for a few days. They figure they're on a roll or a bender, and have knocked off somewhere, or just disappeared for a bit, doin' their thing.

I wonder if this was her first DUI? If so, I think it would be an extreme reaction to disappear because of it. She's got little newborns, I just don't see her being gone voluntarily all this time over a DUI. So sad such beautiful little babies missing her.
I don't know what the penalty is for DUI in that state but in my state, it carries a jail term even on first offense. People decide to plea guilty so they can get probation.

SS might be suffering from a gamut of post-partum emotions and could be terrified of consequences or that it will be used against her in custody proceedings.

I am hoping this disappearance is voluntary and SS will be found safe very soon.

JMO

No, not at all, I just know they sometimes allow civilians to help out. With the 3 year old boy recently found alive, they’d been declining volunteers and did professionals only, so I figured I would ask here, where the locals are, as they’d hear about any large-scale searches.

When Crystal Rogers first went missing, they had to turn volunteers away in those first few wks bc they had so many SAR teams come in to help. Once the teams stopped coming, her dad had a core group of locals that continued, still continues, to search for her. It’s a massive undertaking.

I don't know what the penalty is for DUI in that state but in my state, it carries a jail term even on first offense. People decide to plea guilty so they can get probation.

SS might be suffering from a gamut of post-partum emotions and could be terrified of consequences or that it will be used against her in custody proceedings.

I am hoping this disappearance is voluntary and SS will be found safe very soon.

JMO

We’ve covered the penalties pretty extensively in the first few threads. Hers was aggravated which could mean a plethora of things: going “x” amount over the speed limit, bac “x” amount over .08, kids in the car under the age of 12 or 13 (can’t remember which), refusal to submit sample.

Hers would’ve probably called for classes, forfeiture of license for a certain amt of days and possible jail time. They usually give the option of home incarceration. She would also have a ton of fines.

18 hrs ·
Our guy's are making preparations to deploy to Kentucky on Monday. We will be joining search efforts there for a missing woman.

Personally, I know a lot of people in the area who are aware of what’s going on. Lexington is a big place though and she’s not technically a resident there. People drive into Lexington from smaller counties and that could maybe be why some people have no idea what’s going on. It’s also a college town with a HUGE campus...

BBM
I think this is a part too. She has acquaintances in the GC area, but she's from MC, and she was last seen in FC by other humans and on cam, and the MC LE have taken over handling the case, along with the State Police. So, that leaves at least four counties, in addition to her own, that LE is trying to comb through. The GC off-duty cop spotting the pickup truck, was a major link to getting this going. I'd not even heard of the case til that popped up on the news.

JMO

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=44872
This is the exact wording for the charge of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances or other substances with aggravated circumstances

I'm getting a vibe that it may be thought that drugs are at play. A lot of folks, don't get that concerned if their loved one/friend, doesn't show for a few days. They figure they're on a roll or a bender, and have knocked off somewhere, or just disappeared for a bit, doin' their thing.

Thank you for explaining, I couldn’t understand what people were hinting at with prior posts, appreciate you filling me in

It looks like the search team is just waiting on the go ahead from LE to come up and search. They’ve been contacted by local media so I’d imagine some of the local stations will start covering it tonight or over the next couple of days. They’ve also said they’ve received an outpouring of support from people in the area. They’ve been offered free food, free hotel rooms, people are asking to volunteer with the search etc.

We’re getting hit with an arctic blast this week so it’s going to be EXTREMELY cold.

This group is heading there this is their FBpage where you can contact them.
Book early snow predicted in the Chicagoland area. Safe travels!!!

It's coming a very cold winter blast, (winter storm Jaden), they're trying to calculate for that. Seems "weather red" means they may postpone. LE has to approve, too.

Here comes ”The Sun“ doo doo doo doo...

Mum, 22, vanishes after leaving bar with 2 men days after giving birth to twins

[...]

Savannah's aunt Lisa Thoma shared an emotional video to social media praying for people to help their search.

She said in the video posted to the Facebook group Missing Savannah: "The family is having a hard time, but we're leaning into each other, we're leaning into God.

"If you know anything, we beg you, come forward and call the Richmond, Kentucky police department."

[....]

It looks like the search team is just waiting on the go ahead from LE to come up and search. They’ve been contacted by local media so I’d imagine some of the local stations will start covering it tonight or over the next couple of days. They’ve also said they’ve received an outpouring of support from people in the area. They’ve been offered free food, free hotel rooms, people are asking to volunteer with the search etc.

We’re getting hit with an arctic blast this week so it’s going to be EXTREMELY cold.

Yes, wlex reported search crew is ready, as soon as ok’d! No link, yet.
Wonder if LE wants a water search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member