GUILTY KY - Trey Zwicker, 14, beaten to death, Louisville, 11 May 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get a little more background on Amanda and big Josh?

Was Amanda with Big Josh before he went to prison? And did she wait for him while he was in prison?

What about the abortion(s)? Was this before or after Big Josh went to prison? With Amanda working at McDonalds and supporting a family by herself, I wonder where she got the $$$ to have an abortion? It usually runs $400 - $500 which is more than a week's salary to someone making $10/hour.

Yes, Amanda and Josh G. were married when he went to prison. She did not wait on him as she had a child with another man while he was locked up and got married (but not to her daughter's father). She testified Josh G. sent her divorce papers from prison so she signed them and sent them back to him. She thought they were divorced but he never had the papers filed in court so they were legally married the entire time. (another example of his manipulation) They are divorced now but that occurred after Trey's death.
I don't know where she got the $$ for the abortion.

Yes, Amanda and Josh G. were married when he went to prison. She did not wait on him as she had a child with another man while he was locked up and got married (but not to her daughter's father). She testified Josh G. sent her divorce papers from prison so she signed them and sent them back to him. She thought they were divorced but he never had the papers filed in court so they were legally married the entire time. (another example of his manipulation) They are divorced now but that occurred after Trey's death.
I don't know where she got the $$ for the abortion.

I swear, producers of soap operas shouldn't worry about hiring writers to create story lines, all they need to do is lurk here to come up with, "you can't make this stuff up" story lines!!!! :scared:

Did this witness testify that the sword was in a car? (missed that part due to phone call) I am recalling the evidence tech testified it was in the garage? Anyone else recall that?

I thought he said it was in the van but it may have been the garage. It was when the photos were shown. Photos that showed that wooden pole and other junk. It looked like it was the back of a messy car but I'm not sure. I guess peoples' garages can look like that too.

They could add time to his sentence and take away privileges in prison.

Every since IMO the court allowed Cindy Anthony to perjure herself testifying about the chorophyll (sp?) searches on the computer I have become somewhat cynical about the court enforcing some things.

Maybe this con had nothing to lose ie away for life or his legal representative/s told him contempt doesn't have any bite. Otherwise the threat of a punishment should have encouraged the inmate to testify. JMO

As I stated in an above post about the Cady Way murder trial of Hector Rodriguez that is exactly what the judge did. This was in FL and he was a no nonsense judge, I really liked him.

Here is the thread: It is around post #79 - # 81 I believe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217030&page=2

I hope this State also has some teeth for contempt of court charges. Maybe they could also charge him for what the State paid to move him from one prison to this jail etc.

We need more judges like the one you are referring to Jewels.

One other thing that kind of bugs me... all these blasted sidebars. Why doesn't the atty just object to the question or line of questioning out loud in front of the court, the other side respond and the judge make a decision. What happened to that open exchange?

This case is so hard because there is no tangible physical evidence so the jury must rely on the credible witness testimony (of which there are so few that are directly related and not law enforcement) and ones own comon sense.
Imo
Credible witnesses:
Terry Zwicker , Trey's Dad
Elderly kidnapped woman
Inmate from out of state

When you narrow it down like that the comonwealth's case is very weak, imho.

Are there any other credible testimonies, in your opinions that I missed?

I hope this State also has some teeth for contempt of court charges. Maybe they could also charge him for what the State paid to move him from one prison to this jail etc.

One other thing that kind of bugs me... all these blasted sidebars. Why doesn't the atty just object to the question or line of questioning out loud in front of the court, the other side respond and the judge make a decision. What happened to that open exchange?

Looks like they've taken a lesson from Judge Sherri Shepard....

I never thought of that about the objections. They do always go to the judge though. hmmm Maybe this is the way it is done in KY. idk

I thought he said it was in the van but it may have been the garage. It was when the photos were shown. Photos that showed that wooden pole and other junk. It looked like it was the back of a messy car but I'm not sure. I guess peoples' garages can look like that too.

I understood it to be in the garage. The defense keeps tring to focus the jury on the yellow pole/rod that is also in the garage.

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 12s

Judge calling CNN up to stand. I think prosecutors asked them not to show a witness.

It seems to me th KY jail is a very dangerous place to be labeled a snitch. Which is why I think the out of state prisoner seemed the most credible, because he had no direct connection and no feae of retribution. He alsi wanted to hightail it out of there ASAP.

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 1m

Judge is requesting we not show next witness expected to testify in #JoshYoung murder trial because witness is a juvenile @WLKY

Next states witness appears to be a minor, face not being shown

Every since IMO the court allowed Cindy Anthony to perjure herself testifying about the chorophyll (sp?) searches on the computer I have become somewhat cynical about the court enforcing some things.

Maybe this con had nothing to lose ie away for life or his legal representative/s told him contempt doesn't have any bite. Otherwise the threat of a punishment should have encouraged the inmate to testify. JMO

I don't see the point. Jailhouse snitches aren't exactly the most credible of sources at the best of times - but if I knew a prisoner had been threatened by the authorities into giving evidence for the prosecution, I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of his testimony. It may even make me look askance at the entire prosecution's case.

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 19s

Trey's little sister now on the witness stand. #JoshYoung @WLKY

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 12s

Next witness is a child, younger sister of Trey Zwicker. Last saw her brother on night of murder. He took a shower, got dressed and left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member