Kyron's doctors appointment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that the reason given by LE?
Yes, soon after--very soon after--the initial request went out by LE to get the video from the media (unusual in itself, ad LE knows they have to sup. that kind of thing)...LE stated through a spokesman (not in an official document) that witnesses had said one thing to them, another to reporters.

That might not be the *only* reason they wanted the vids. But, IMO, given the 'dotting i's, crossing t's' statement that was given at the same time, they wanted the vids to see which potential witnesses had given contradictory statements.

yes. I read that and linked it in that thread.

The statement by the Sheriff's office doesn't say anything about why they want the video, and certainly nothing at all about inconsistencies in what witnesses told LE and media.

Investigators request media assistance - 07/15/10
As part of the continuing investigation the Investigative Team for the MCSO is asking all media outlets who may have video footage of students, parents, school officials or community members interviewed, who believe or indicated that they saw Kyron Horman after 8:45am on Friday June 4, 2010 to please send a copy of that video to the Sheriff's Office along with contact information for the person interviewed.

Address for MCSO:
Attention Detective Division
12240 NE Glisan Street
Portland, OR. 97230
RE: IC Form 3099

There will be no Sheriff's Office interviews or statements at this time regarding the continuing investigation or this request.

Sgt. Travis Gullberg

LE didn't give any reason. Here's the request to the media:

Investigators request media assistance - 07/15/10
As part of the continuing investigation the Investigative Team for the MCSO is asking all media outlets who may have video footage of students, parents, school officials or community members interviewed, who believe or indicated that they saw Kyron Horman after 8:45am on Friday June 4, 2010 to please send a copy of that video to the Sheriff's Office along with contact information for the person interviewed.

Address for MCSO:
Attention Detective Division
12240 NE Glisan Street
Portland, OR. 97230
RE: IC Form 3099

There will be no Sheriff's Office interviews or statements at this time regarding the continuing investigation or this request.

Sgt. Travis Gullberg

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Yes, they did. Here's my original post from that thread. The link I quoted from is there somewhere, too.

But the article also says this:

bbm

The sheriff's office already has conducted interviews twice -- and in some cases four times -- with parents, students, school officials and others since Kyron disappeared almost six weeks ago. But some of those interviewed have given different stories to TV crews, he said, and the sheriff's office wants to follow up on any information that may have been missed.

Yes, soon after--very soon after--the initial request went out by LE to get the video from the media (unusual in itself, ad LE knows they have to sup. that kind of thing)...LE stated that witnesses had said one thing to them, another to reporters.

That might not be the *only* reason they wanted the vids. But, IMO, given the 'dotting i's, crossing t's' statement that was given at the same time, they wanted the vids to see which potential witnesses had given contradictory statements.

edit: thanks; I found the link from what was posted above

I strongly disagree with you, BeanE. Unnamed sources are very important to serious journalism, you can find them cited everyday by respected news sources and journalists. Doesn't mean that KATU's sources are legit but without anonymous sources the public would often be aware of little more than the party line. They are a lifeblood of true journalism.

I think the days of serious journalism are gone.

:cow:

Yes, they did. Here's my original post from that thread. The link I quoted from is there somewhere, too.

bbm

The sheriff's office already has conducted interviews twice -- and in some cases four times -- with parents, students, school officials and others since Kyron disappeared almost six weeks ago. But some of those interviewed have given different stories to TV crews, he said, and the sheriff's office wants to follow up on any information that may have been missed.

Thanks !

I found it (yay google)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/police_ask_media_for_footage_o.html

bbm

Oh wow. I missed that one. Thank you so much, wondering.

Here's the link for that quote:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/police_ask_media_for_footage_o.html

The 'he' being referred to in what the reporter says is Travis Gullberg, sheriff's office spokesman.

Thanks again.

But who saw them walk out together?

The sad part is no one saw him leave no matter who he was with. It was more likely to be TH than a stranger who people might be more inclined to remember seeing him with.

Expecting a stoning here but I have largely discounted TP's version. He should have only spoken with LE, not the media. He is a small child with a lot of pressure to have a "story".

No stoning. If what he's saying is true, I don't think WHO he told it to is a good basis for discounting it. But I'd be fine with someone having discounted it for some other reason. I'd just love to know whether that has happened so I can forget about it lol. The apparent conflict gives me heartburn!

that person quoted the person who made the comment. That person you have in your quote is not the person who made the original comment.

Found reference to this:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5272237&postcount=429"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7[/ame]

I think that the doctor's appt is key information that LE can easily get information on.

I can easily see Terri telling Finster that the teacher was new and hard of hearing. Finster may have added the "first year of teaching" on her own. From Finster's statement to the press, it appears that Terri is expressing how the teacher misunderstood her in relation to KH's doctor's appointment.

The following thing is striking to me from Finster's statement: That KH's teacher had thought that Terri had taken Kyron to the doctor that day! So, IF the doctor's appointment was used to set up an expectation of KH being absent, it worked and it is a key component to what happened. Only time will tell.

Thank you, Chargers, for pointing out why this is so important. To me it is as important as the landscaper plot and anything else that TH was defending herself through her friend about the doctor's appt. It is KEY evidence and has nothing to do whatsoever to any condition or treatment. It shows that this was planned, that she purposely confused a teacher so that they wouldn't mark Kyron absent and that she could then blame them for losing Kyron by saying 'well I told them next week.'

I've grown tired of the misinformation that the appointment is not important or that this information has anything to do with a diagnosis/treatment of Kyron. It only shows intent of TH to deceive, plan and possibly get away with a crime.

In all of this talk about TP and the believability of his statement, don't forget that in the most recent story about the doctor's appointment that another of Kyron's friends knew about his doc appointment:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

Kyron's other good friend had a very different take.

From his mother: "And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And Kurtis said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

The ADHD is not likely true at all. There was an early dispatch heard from when Kyron first went missing that he might be ADHD and he was afraid of the police. That was all. There hasn't been anything to indicate that this is true and it is very common for early information in cases to be misconstrued.

I'm no expert in ADHD, but someone who has been described as shy and quiet, couldn't possibly have ADHD could they? My son is also very quiet, and quite laid back. So this doesn't add up for me.

Thanks,

Mel

The question I have is whether or not Terri asked the teacher to return the paperwork to her that day (science fair) or not. If she did I can see why the teacher would assume the appt. was for that day. If she hadn't returned the paperwork then she wouldn't think the appt. was for that day.

Expecting a stoning here but I have largely discounted TP's version. He should have only spoken with LE, not the media. He is a small child with a lot of pressure to have a "story".

I agree. I have a boy this age and unlike my girls, he's a very big story teller. Not to pick on a gender, really, but men (even young little men) never say "I don't know." Have you noticed that? They always know - directions to places without asking for help, how to disassemble a fan so good it never works again, and that they were certain of a time of day they saw someone even when others discount it as inaccurate. Ahhh, our little men...

I'm no expert in ADHD, but someone who has been described as shy and quiet, couldn't possibly have ADHD could they? My son is also very quiet, and quite laid back. So this doesn't add up for me.

Thanks,

Mel

Actually, ADD (not ADHD) is also a often used diagnosis for young kiddos that don't stay on task, don't change activities easily, and/or become immersed in something and lose track of time, etc. Unfortunately there are no physiological (or few) indications, so much of the diagnosis is based on observations and evaluations concerning the deviation from "expected" behavior in any given child compared to others in his/her group.

I might add that the number of cases of such "labels" has increased dramatically during the past 15-20 years. (If you haven't guessed, I am somewhat skeptical about whether or not kids who are medicated, etc. so young are not sometimes misdiagnosed...JMO)

The question I have is whether or not Terri asked the teacher to return the paperwork to her that day (science fair) or not. If she did I can see why the teacher would assume the appt. was for that day. If she hadn't returned the paperwork then she wouldn't think the appt. was for that day.

I don't think this has been clarified beyond hearsay. I, too, would like to know the answer to this.

You know, it would be interesting if this is something Kaine discussed in his meeting with LE last night, and if he's the unnamed source for this info. Except... it does say 'multiple' sources. Just a thought.

Thanks,

Mel

It is possible IMO that the medication for ADHD could cause that affect. Also if he did have ADHD, it could have been primarily the inattentive type, rather than the hyperactive/impulsive type.

This is a very good question! Is Terri in possession of the completed paperwork from the teacher? This certainly could imply to the teacher that the appt. was for that day (if she said she needed it back on June 4th).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919