Kyron's doctors appointment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the sources are accurate, it STILL bugs me that, imo, this version seems inconsistent with the teacher supposedly telling the parent-helper that Kyron was probably in the bathroom or at the water fountain when the kids re-grouped for class after touring the fair. If the teacher thought he had a dr. appt., she would have just said *don't worry he's at a dr's appt.* The only explanation I can think of consistent with this version of the story is that the teacher momentarily forgot about the appt. and remembered a very short time later (like seconds or minutes) and marked him absent at 10:00.

Also, that the parent-helper noticed Kyron missing at the time of re-grouping, implies that Kyron WAS in the group at the start of the tour. If that's true, he would have had to just leave the group in the middle of the tour to go to the *appt.* without a word to the helper or her noticing. Seems highly unlikely to me.

Or, I can just discount TP's version entirely and all is right in my world. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I take TP's 'statements' with a grain of salt...a big one. He's a kid...and wants to be helpful. Lord knows from personal experience, it's hard getting accurate information from pre-teens and teenagers...it's even harder to know if what's coming from a kid's mouth is 'truth' or 'this is what they want to hear'.

If the teacher were so certain about the doc appointment that she marked Kyron absent without question, then IMO, the 'he's in the bathroom' convo between teacher and helper never happened. Maybe the kids questioned where Kyron was and speculated the bathroom stuff and TP worked it out in his head that the teacher's said such. But I'd be very surprised it the teacher 'forgot' about the appointment. I'm just basing this on my experience. IME...kids, especially elementary aged ones, often make up scenarios when they're trying to be helpful. Teachers are usually...IME...careful about knowing when a mother/father says a child will be out and aren't casual about absences.

If it is true that TH used the supposed appointment to deflect concern about his absence, then we have completely answered the question of how she got him out of the school. "OK, Kyron, time to go to the appointment now." And no suspicion whatsoever when she is seen walking out of the building with him, since everyone who needs to know, knows he is going to an appointment. Horrible and sad.

JMO

Lovely.

IMO, there WAS an appointment. I just can't figure out if Terri used it to cause confusion regarding Kyron's presence that day. To do so would make NO sense, as it could easily be confirmed by LE and therefore point directly at her. I think Terri is naive and lacks good judgement, but I don't believe she's stupid.

Honestly, I think TH was using a lot of the "X" chromosone "smoke and mirrors" methodology. For instance, taking the truck to pick up the project doesn't make a lot of sense either. But, TH could easily have said, "The baby was fussy"...or "I didn't know there was going to be a tour by the classes," etc.

I think the same holds true for the appointment. She was leaving an out. She created an impression that she could manipulate. Here she can easily say, "Oh, the teacher misunderstood."

With all the possible scenarios and the possible deceit, I keep remembering that somewhere there is a small boy waiting/wanting to come home tonight. Bless him and watch over his family.

I saw the rumored comment on the news site myself, but we were not allowed to talk about it on WS. It was quickly pulled from the comments section of the paper.

So, we don't know if anyone else did hear it or not as the comment is only a rumor at this point in time.

Just looking into that comment made on the news site about Terri telling the teacher about an appt, and also about emailing the teacher later in the day as to when she could pick up the project - the comments are still on the users profile and from what I can tell (from other comments made unrelated to this case) s/he is a teacher.

ETA: http://connect.oregonlive.com/user/Nykolina/comments.html

I would like to hear from the doctor's office as to when he was expected.. just saying and sure LE already has this

And as I've said before, I HOPE they haven't discounted his account because it doesn't fit neatly into their likely scenario.
Actually, given LE's statement that they want interview vids from the media because some witnesses told LE one thing and told the media another tells me that some witnesses (such as TP) had different stories...I don't think LE discounted his remarks so much as they were told something entirely different by the witness.

If it is true that TH used the supposed appointment to deflect concern about his absence, then we have completely answered the question of how she got him out of the school. "OK, Kyron, time to go to the appointment now." And no suspicion whatsoever when she is seen walking out of the building with him, since everyone who needs to know, knows he is going to an appointment. Horrible and sad.

JMO

But who saw them walk out together?

Actually, given LE's statement that they want interview vids from the media because some witnesses told LE one thing and told the media another tells me that some witnesses (such as TP) had different stories...I don't think LE discounted his remarks so much as they were told something entirely different by the witness.

Was that the reason given by LE?

Just looking into that comment made on the news site about Terri telling the teacher about an appt, and also about emailing the teacher later in the day as to when she could pick up the project - the comments are still on the users profile and from what I can tell (from other comments made unrelated to this case) s/he is a teacher.

that person quoted the person who made the comment. That person you have in your quote is not the person who made the original comment.

I know that one person from KATU has been active on one of the FB pages...which seems really unprofessional as she uses her work FB. Also there are several posters on there who claim to have had contact with some Fox affiliates on a more national scale. Hard to swallow, if the media is going to FB members for "sources." Hope it is not true, but probably no less fanciful than interviewing people who live down the street who have never met the person in question, i.e.
As a lurker on that fb page, I cansay that the KATU reporter has been very professional in posting. She has not, from what I've seen, contacted anyone for 'scoops'. She very reasonably posts links to stories and clarifies the FACTS when fb posters get out of hand with rumors and speculation.

Some fb posters were contacted by national media (not fox, from what I remember, but by Geraldo type tabloid shows). From what I've seen, the 'media' has NOT used fb people as sources.

And again, the KATU reporter has been very professional in her dealings with the fb crowd...simply listing links and correcting speculation rather than fanning any flames.

Was that the reason given by LE?

LE didn't give any reason. Here's the request to the media:

Investigators request media assistance - 07/15/10
As part of the continuing investigation the Investigative Team for the MCSO is asking all media outlets who may have video footage of students, parents, school officials or community members interviewed, who believe or indicated that they saw Kyron Horman after 8:45am on Friday June 4, 2010 to please send a copy of that video to the Sheriff's Office along with contact information for the person interviewed.

Address for MCSO:
Attention Detective Division
12240 NE Glisan Street
Portland, OR. 97230
RE: IC Form 3099

There will be no Sheriff's Office interviews or statements at this time regarding the continuing investigation or this request.

Sgt. Travis Gullberg

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

It would appear she is, but her comments are still hearsay.

Assuming the sources are accurate, it STILL bugs me that, imo, this version seems inconsistent with the teacher supposedly telling the parent-helper that Kyron was probably in the bathroom or at the water fountain when the kids re-grouped for class after touring the fair. If the teacher thought he had a dr. appt., she would have just said *don't worry he's at a dr's appt.* The only explanation I can think of consistent with this version of the story is that the teacher momentarily forgot about the appt. and remembered a very short time later (like seconds or minutes) and marked him absent at 10:00.

Also, that the parent-helper noticed Kyron missing at the time of re-grouping, implies that Kyron WAS in the group at the start of the tour. If that's true, he would have had to just leave the group in the middle of the tour to go to the *appt.* without a word to the helper or her noticing. Seems highly unlikely to me.

Or, I can just discount TP's version entirely and all is right in my world. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Expecting a stoning here but I have largely discounted TP's version. He should have only spoken with LE, not the media. He is a small child with a lot of pressure to have a "story".

Terri's friend (Jamie?) addressed the appointment, right? So it seems that Terri must have told her friend the tale at least, whether or not she told the teacher, or how it went down. So it had some truth to it, even way back when, when it first came up in the comments section of the paper.

I am fairly skeptical of the little boy; some portion of what he said may have happened but maybe the timing was proved wrong, simply by the events of the morning. Or maybe the teacher told him "don't worry about where Kyron is" and he remembers it as the bathroom or drink or water thing. I think LE is doing everything possible to nail down the truth about that morning. Perhaps by the time the flyer/questionnaire was returned, he had changed his recollections. I would hate to believe thay anything is discounted just because it does not fit.

I think the lure and excitement of being on TV may have even prompted some embellishment, at that age.

I'm just going to wait and see what LE and the teacher and Terri say what happened in regards to the appointment. I've had it with the unnamed sources. This is tabloid journalism.

I strongly disagree with you, BeanE. Unnamed sources are very important to serious journalism, you can find them cited everyday by respected news sources and journalists. Doesn't mean that KATU's sources are legit but without anonymous sources the public would often be aware of little more than the party line. They are a lifeblood of true journalism.

The discussion of the appointment again brings up this interesting quote from Kaine, answering an e-mail question:

Q: Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor’s appt.?
A: KAINE – There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain.

As we have discussed before, he seems to be saying that there is an important question as to when Terri scheduled the appointment. I don't know under what scenarios the time she scheduled the appointment would be in question since they should have her phone records. But maybe she called the doctor multiple times or had multiple doctors appointments she juggled around.

Expecting a stoning here but I have largely discounted TP's version. He should have only spoken with LE, not the media. He is a small child with a lot of pressure to have a "story".
bbm

Absolutely. His grandmother is (an usual person). :furious:

yes. I read that and linked it in that thread.

No, actually, LE didn't give any reason. Here's the request to the media:

Investigators request media assistance - 07/15/10
As part of the continuing investigation the Investigative Team for the MCSO is asking all media outlets who may have video footage of students, parents, school officials or community members interviewed, who believe or indicated that they saw Kyron Horman after 8:45am on Friday June 4, 2010 to please send a copy of that video to the Sheriff's Office along with contact information for the person interviewed.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member