Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Yup, there is only ONE reason the Mustang was left behind - tracking device.

Her attorney probably made it clear, "Don't take that car, you can get another one."

Or... it doesn't belong to her (titled in Kaine's name).

About the red mustang...

I'm thinking about this for several reasons... 1. This case and 2. I'm curious how a divorce situation would work.

Oh Gitanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Come in Gitana! Can you help with this question maybe?

Let's say the Red Mustang is a) registered to Kaine's name and/or b) on a loan in Kaine's name. At this stage in a divorce process, what could be done to a) get the car registered in Terri's name and out of Kaine's liability b) deal with the loan (if there is one) and c) get it insured under a policy that Terri purchases.

If I were in a divorce situation, I would want to totally stop my liability and/or financial outgo for the person I was divorcing (if possible) -- I would even consider a screw up of my credit for such a thing. If the car they drove were paid off, I would want it registered in their name and insured by them i.e. I might just chalk off their having it, tally it in the end of the split of marital property. BUT...Kaine appears to have been Terri's sole support. Additionally, it appears that he bought the car for Terri, so if there is a loan on the car, it appears to be in Kaine's name AND, unless there is something we don't know about, Terri presently has no regular income.

What to do with such a situation? Can Kaine find a way to sever himself from this car and just let Terri have it and all liability for it?

On the other note... The newspaper article said that Terri "could take the car."

>>According to a source, the Mustang is not part of the eviction agreement that she and Kaine worked out Friday afternoon through their attorneys, so she could take it.<<

Her not having taken the car might have purely been a "logistics" thing -- not enough people to grab things for the move and the car, get the car later. Or, it could have been, "I can't take on a new loan to pay for it or afford to reregister and insure it as agreed, so I'm leaving it." On the other hand...it could have simply been -- "My guess is that there is a tracking device hidden on the car, and I don't want anything to do with that."

How are these car things handled in a divorce AND why might that car have been left behind.

can they do that without a warrant ?

No they would need a warrant. But given the direction that this investigation took early on I believe there was surveillance of all types authorized. I think once they found out about Landscaper, they probably had sufficient cause to get a warrant. Of course it is just theory on my part.

The thing I find so sad is the fact that all the bad choices the adults have made have affected two little children. Kyron was innocent in all of this and yet he's the one that is gone away from the family he knows, even if he is alive and with someone else, he's still not with or around Mom and Dad, how scary that must be for him. The baby's life is also going to change drastically and even though she may seem to be okay, this will have an effect on her as well.

And ya, she would be noticed all over Oregon; Woman with long red hair, driving a red mustang with plates RDSQUL on it and probably a GPS. I would have left the car too!

IMO Yup, there is only ONE reason the Mustang was left behind - tracking device.

Her attorney probably made it clear, "Don't take that car, you can get another one."

I think more likely it because of the extreme visibility of a highly publicized red Mustang with the vanity/screenname license plate. Her attorney is presumably less than thrilled with her tabloid-star antics, and the car/plate is part of that package. And also I wouldn't be surprised if giving it up was part of the agreement with Kaine. It's probably financed, so he's probably stuck making monthly payments on it until he can sell it. If she needs transportation, he could certainly provide something cheaper instead.

Would they need a warrant to put a device on the car if Kaine's name is on it and he gave them permission? Or do they need permission from both parties? :waitasec: This is a not a community property state so I wonder.

I think I'll pose this question in our attorney thread. :D

:waitasec:

She's another person now?

I am not trying to be snarky. I just really really really want to know the history of this alleged transformation of Terri Horman. And when they drop these little nuggets, it makes me curiouser and curiouser and also a little bit crazy and generally annoyed with all of them. If you know what I mean.

Because ALL of them are responsible for judging what was best for Kyron & his brother/sister, and deciding with eyes open to empower and trust Terri Horman, with all her quirks and lies and vanity and voracious sexual appetite and muscles and faults, as the 70% (est.) intimate caretaker of these tender-aged children.

So, I wanna know. Exactly what kind of person has Terri become? And exactly what kind of person was she before? And when did this change happen? And why didn't any of the 3 other parental units pay attention and take action?

I know it might be insidious and complicated by time and distance and poor communication and challenging family dynamic. But I STILL want to know how this deceitful, selfish, narcissistic murderous version of Terri slipped by the 3 other parental units relatively unnoticed.

Because, frankly, it feels disingenuous - this publicly invented one-sided impressionistic painting of the newly morphed-to-evil Terri Horman. When they throw out these little nuggets like this quote ... well, I just happen to believe these 3 other parents are educated, intelligent, and so much smarter than this half-baked transformer-Terri story they are selling us.

Something does not ring completely true about the story thus far, IMO. I guess I smell more cover-up.

At the end of the day, the other factors in the family dynamic that created this perfect storm may not be entirely material. Certainly, nothing in that family dynamic excuses the fact that Kyron has been lost to his family. Nothing. But...it might help explain it.

When I first read your post I was very impressed, I have had the feeling all along that IF Desiree couldn't trust Terri why was would she ever leave Kyron with her in the first place. I'm sure she's saying the same thing to herself at this point, and feeling tremendous guilt about it, so I don't want to pile it on her, I've made mistakes myself raising my girls. Then I started to think about my first husband, we were married 13 years and honestly I'm not a unintelligent person, we had a beautiful home, 2 beautiful daughters, and suddenly one day he said he wasn't happy anymore and left. Not just me, but the girls too. I was TOTALLY blindsided as well as everyone that knew us and our families. I have a feeling that it was some kind of breakdown. To this day he has had no interaction with his girls, he attends important events but that's it, never calls, never comes to see them, etc. etc. etc. He has remarried and his step-children are "his" children and their kids are his grandchildren, he has nothing to do with his own children or grandchildren. I am still baffled to this day about this total transformation. I never even suspected how he really was or felt. Sociopath? I don't know. Selfish? Probably. Although he married someone he is now taking care of with several issues of her own. So, it is possible to live with someone and have no clue as to what they are thinking. I'm beginning, and I hate to say this to think that maybe there was a stranger involved in this, maybe it's some type of cult that she put Kyron in, or maybe it was a stranger??? Maybe Kyron just went outside for a moment and someone saw the opportunity to grab him? I still can't figure out how she pulled this off.

I want to add to my earlier post, my husband abandoned his girls emotionally whereas Terri may/or may not have abandoned Kyron physically.

About the red mustang...

I'm thinking about this for several reasons... 1. This case and 2. I'm curious how a divorce situation would work.

Let's say the Red Mustang is a) registered to Kaine's name and/or b) on a loan in Kaine's name. At this stage in a divorce process, what could be done to a) get the car registered in Terri's name and out of Kaine's liability b) deal with the loan (if there is one) and c) get it insured under a policy that Terri purchases.

If I were in a divorce situation, I would want to totally stop my liability and/or financial outgo for the person I was divorcing (if possible) -- I would even consider a screw up of my credit for such a thing. If the car they drove were paid off, I would want it registered in their name and insured by them i.e. I might just chalk off their having it, tally it in the end of the split of marital property. BUT...Kaine appears to have been Terri's sole support. Additionally, it appears that he bought the car for Terri, so if there is a loan on the car, it appears to be in Kaine's name AND, unless there is something we don't know about, Terri presently has no regular income.

What to do with such a situation? Can Kaine find a way to sever himself from this car and just let Terri have it and all liability for it?

On the other note... The newspaper article said that Terri "could take the car."

>>According to a source, the Mustang is not part of the eviction agreement that she and Kaine worked out Friday afternoon through their attorneys, so she could take it.<<

Her not having taken the car might have purely been a "logistics" thing -- not enough people to grab things for the move and the car, get the car later. Or, it could have been, "I can't take on a new loan to pay for it or afford to reregister and insure it as agreed, so I'm leaving it." On the other hand...it could have simply been -- "My guess is that there is a tracking device hidden on the car, and I don't want anything to do with that."

How are these car things handled in a divorce AND why might that car have been left behind.

I am not sure about OR law, but it is likely joint property and the loan is joint debt. In CA, it would be community property and debt to be equally split.
If Kaine is on the loan and neither party pays, his credit will take a hit, even though she has possession.
If the car and associated debt were awarded/assigned to TH in a dissolution proceeding, and she subsequently failed to pay the loan, the creditors could still come after Kaine because they are not under the jurisdiction of family court. He could, if she was awarded exclusive use and ordered to pay the associated debt, request that the car be sold, if she failed to pay. That's probably the only way for him to avoid liability. Even then, if the sale price is less than what's owed, he is still liable. It's kind of a mess.

The mustang.

He kept it, he bought it, it is a man's thing, and a control thing. I will just have to leave it at that. Stupid as it is, he is taking all from Terri, and yes, she may not be the guilty one, just the vulnerable one.

Not a man thing, necessarily. I had a similar situation (not involving alleged kidnapping and murder, of course lol), but I kept the car and he would have had to pry the keys from my cold dead hands. For me, it was a fairness issue. You shouldn't get to abuse someone and drive away in the expensive sports car they bought you as a gift. jmoo.

I don't think it is TH she is afraid of. Moving back home, at a few hours distance, marrying a detective, nope.

She is not being told the truth, and of course she does not trust Terri, but that is not the one she fears.

Exactly!

Would they need a warrant to put a device on the car if Kaine's name is on it and he gave them permission? Or do they need permission from both parties? :waitasec: This is a not a community property state so I wonder.

Maybe not but I think if they wanted to use any evidence received they might do it so that there isn't the argument that the evidence was not properly secured. But then again I'm not a lawyer so I'm not sure.

About the red mustang...

My neighbor's daughter and her husband divorced and there were two vehicles at the time of the divorce. Both had hefty loans on them and at that time the wife wasn't working and couldn't make car payments and opted not to take either car. Instead, her parents bought an inexpensive car outright and gave it to their daughter. Within a few months the daughter had a good job and was able to start to repay her parents - a set amount each month until paid off.

So, sometimes there's other options in a property settlement - sell the item instead of either party claiming it and divide the money received for the item.

I think she didn't take the car because she might have assumed that the FBI had put a GPS on it. What do you think?

I was thinking she really needs a less conspicuous car and lic. plate at the moment.

Can we get back to Kaine answers questions please and thank you? Post lands at random. Let's discuss what Kaine has said. :)

Kimster........I didn't realize that Oregon is not a community property state. I'm sure that does change things. It's logical to assume that if Kaine owns the car, if it's in his name, his permission may be all that's required.

terrihormanjpg-35223e1f37dff792.jpg

Terri Moulton Horman walks with her attorney, Stephen Houze, from Houze's offices in Southwest Portland Thursday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_describes_how_ter.html

Q: Do you expect to open your home, once you're back in it, for a more thorough search of it by law enforcement? Do you know if they've combed through the house carefully, with a dog?

A: We have fully cooperated with law enforcement since Day One in any and all searches of the house they have requested. They have done several thorough searches and I will continue to provide them full access to the house as they need it.

and my question:
Have they used cadaver dogs in the search, Kaine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018