LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe it's possible he had keys. Either he may have had them, or stolen them from either their house when he was over there or from his dad's if he had some.

I was thinking that too. LN said the nephew babysat for her...maybe they left him with keys which gave him opportunity to have copies made.

Tapatalk logged me off WS at 2:15 this morning while I was trying to catch up. I had just gotten to the part in the threads that a POI was mentioned. My password change request and whatnot just went through only for me to log in and see the terrible news. :( Rest in peace, sweetheart.

North's body was discovered around 1 a.m. Tuesday, her mother said.

-------------------

"Flugence remains a person of interest, and we have yet to locate him,"
according to JPSO Col. John Fortunato.

The Jefferson Parish Coroner's Office performed North's autopsy on Tuesday.
It should reveal the cause of death and shed some light on the condition of the body.

-------------------------

The dumpster was removed from the scene around 5 a.m.
, according to neighbors.

Around 6:30 a.m., neighbors and community members started a makeshift memorial near North's home. By noon, it was filled with stuffed animals, toys and flowers.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/Body-of-six-year-old-Harvey-girl-found-in-dumpster-215644181.html

Why do I have a horrible feeling that he kept her alive... up until he was announced as POI? :furious:

There are absolutely no words to describe how sickened and saddened I was to read this horrific news this morning. May the person who did this burn in eternal flames!!!
R.I.P. SWEET ANGEL, FLY HIGH & FREE.

I just re-watched the video with Mom describing what happened after Ahlittia went missing and she says after searching downstairs,

"I immediately went to our nephew's house cuz that's the closest house to us..." She then said she called stepdad's sister then drove to the church. This makes me believe the nephew lived VERY close, close enough for her to run to his house and back to her house.

So not only is the nephew the person of interest but he also lives very close to her house (and thus would have knowledge of garbage days/routes).

Interesting that he's also been unaccounted for all these days...

Wonder if the nephew was home when she went by to look for her that morning.

From the link:
"Flugence briefly lived with North and Hill at the apartment in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue according to Hill's brother-in-law, Bernard Barnett, 51, of Harvey. Flugence also lived with his brother in another nearby apartment in the same stretch of apartment buildings."

Bet he had keys from living there. Oh ugh.

Oh no I am absolutely heartbroken. This is so not the news I wanted to come in here and see. Lord help us all this world has become a sick and twisted place.

I'm so sorry poor baby girl that some sick demented person found you. I pray that you rest peacefully with angels now and that you remember none of your suffering on this earth.

AnnieOakley, thanks.

Seems the police were focussed on the local area from the get-go. The blanket and apparent toothbrush, etc, sure were good indicators the killer knew Ahlittia.

It bothers me, how he got into the house..if all the doors were locked. Waking the child from her sleep in a locked house, and not the parents? Hrghm. Did he have a key, I wonder..

It was reported early on that at 1 point he lived with the family so he probably still had keys to doors at apartment

Does nephew have a vehicle? Does he have other friends and family nearby? Where could he have taken her ? They searched the nearby woods immediately so he wasn't right in there that morning. He must have had a place to take her. Did he have an accomplice?

I believe it's possible he had keys. Either he may have had them, or stolen them from either their house when he was over there or from his dad's if he had some.

I wonder if the apartment door was also secured from the inside. For example, was there a lock on the door that prevented it from being unlocked from the outside? In one article the stepfather described locking the doors. I am going to locate that article and read it again.

Does nephew have a vehicle? Does he have other friends and family nearby? Where could he have taken her ? They searched the nearby woods immediately so he wasn't right in there that morning. He must have had a place to take her. Did he have an accomplice?

The early articles mentioned that there are a lot of empty buildings in the area, and that many of them were searched.

I kind of have the impression that they may have had a pretty good idea from the beginning what had happened.

Rest in Peace, beautiful Ahlittia. I was immediately struck by this beautiful little sweetheart when I first saw the one picture that was available of her in the first few days of her disappearance. I came upon an article just about ten minutes before the first tweets early, early this morning that Ahlittia had been found. I wanted to post it, but Websleuths was down for some reason. It was a photo of Ahlittia smiling with a bicycle that she had won at the school she attended for kindergarten. It wasn't a close-up shot, but it was a cute picture nonetheless. She looked so happy and proud!

Regarding the door being locked:

"A six-year-old child doesn’t just up and wander out of her home,” he said. “It’s like maybe somebody probably knocked the door or rang the doorbell, and she opened the door. [It was] probably somebody she knew, and she left,” said stepfather Albert Hill, who discovered the child missing and the front door unlocked. “The door was unlocked, and I know I locked the door, the burglary bars and the regular door.”

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/jefferson-paris...0964700/-/14med69z/-/index.html#ixzz2ZExk121Z

Do these "burglary bars" have a locking mechanism that can only be accessed from the inside of a home?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back