LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Russell Flugence brother of Matthew, gave information to implicate him. Murder and sexual. Arrest warrant has been made. Could go on for 2 hours telling you all the information.

Russell has been jailed on obstruction of justice.

Did I just hear him right, that other cases might be tied into this?

Russell Flugence brother of Matthew, gave information to implicate him. Murder and sexual. Arrest warrant has been made. Could go on for 2 hours telling you all the information.

Russell has been jailed on obstruction of justice.

Did I just hear him right, that other cases might be tied into this?

Yes, I think that's what he said, and the FBI guy just said that it might have out of state connections.

Now this is a press conference! The amount of information being revealed is unusual.

They really worked this case hard from the start. Excellent presser. I knew DNA came back quickly now, in this case it was by Sunday

I believe there was supposed to be a law enforcement conference help today at 3pm but I still can't find any updates on that via the Internet. Maybe locals have more info...anyone from around the area?

Coroner giving cause of death.

She had two very aggressive stab wounds to the neck which were probably her fatal wounds, plus two stab wounds to the abdomen plus several bruises. That's all we can tell at this time.

No results for sexual assault testing yet.

Q&A:

The gunshots appear to have nothing to do with the pool of blood.

I'm having trouble hearing the questions.

Let me see if I can get this right -- it's a summary of several answers.

She was in the clothes she was wearing when last seen and wrapped in the blanket. He may have said she was in a garbage bag. There was a piece of plywood with a hinged 2x4 attached and I think he said it was over the garbage can. "Some decomposition."

She was an outgoing, friendly child and would have opened the door.

"no obvious signs of sexual trauma..." coroner

Ahlittia fought him, jmo

This guy is so damned good...every sheriff should be like him.

This isn't the end -- they're still trying to piece the details together and don't want to rule out that other people may be involved.

That sicko stabbed that poor baby twice in the neck and twice in the abdomen! I hope they find him before he tries to take the easy way out and kill himself!

This guy is so damned good...every sheriff should be like him.

What I like is his willingness to give details to help us understand what happened instead of treating every little thing as classified info.

As well as how hard they worked and searched and set up crime scenes etc. and got test results back.

Not sure who the guy wrapping up is, but he says as far as they know, neither Russell nor Matthew Flugence has a record.

DNA results on the blood found at 2836 D Ave came back quickly. I believe it was said in this press conf they were received at 10:30pm last night 7/15.

Let me see if I can get this right -- it's a summary of several answers.

She was in the clothes she was wearing when last seen and wrapped in the blanket. He may have said she was in a garbage bag. There was a piece of plywood with a hinged 2x4 attached and I think he said it was over the garbage can. "Some decomposition."

She was an outgoing, friendly child and would have opened the door.

I heard the same and it sounded like he said "a pinkish stain on a (plywood hinged 2x4). And none of the officers that searched all the receptacles recalled seeing it on the first search.

And not sure if he meant on top of the can or on top of the garbage in the can.

Who was shooting at who? Was the shooting on Friday night a completely unrelated event? I know it didn't have anything directly to do with Ahlittia's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back