LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
13091388-large.jpg

Florescent paint marks the ground where neighbors say the trash can that hid 6-year-old Ahlittia North's body in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue in Harvey on Tuesday.Michelle Hunter / NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/07/investigators_residents_gather.html

Just can't get this sweet girl's face out of my brain this morning. So much like my own precious 6 year old..... looking all cute in her dance recital photo.

Sigh.... OT.... where are the riots and outrage for this baby?? A life is a life is a life. They are all precious!! uploadfromtaptalk1373990479293.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

So sad and horrific!

Fly with the angels, beautiful sweet girl!

Investigators have cordoned off a number of vacant apartment buildings in the 2900 block of Destrehan Boulevard just five units over from the residence where someone abducted the girl from her bed three days ago.

i'm sorry but why didn't they cordon these vacant apartments off the first thing? i can't stop thinking that she might have been found.
is there any word about the time of death? Was she dead before or after the nephew was declared a POI?

Just saw the sad sad news. I don't know what has happened that people want to hurt and kill children but something needs to happen to make it stop. This is not right. jmo No child should ever have to go though this. Heart breaking. jmo

This is just sick, sick and wrong. I pray they catch the dangerous that did this to little Ahlittia.

I'm so upset about this little girl. I was hoping she'd be found alive. Now there is a monster out there who stole a 6 year old baby from her own bed and did all of this horror. I hope LE is working round the clock on this one. :( I still contend they moved slow as molasses getting the word out and it ticks me off. But what's done is done.

RIP sweet angel.

So very sad. This is my worst nightmare. I hope the perp is found quickly, and it will probably be who they think it is.

How incredibly sad and heartbreaking.
I was so hoping that this little one was going to be OK :(
Rest In Peace dear Ahlittia :rose:

Sheriff's Office Spokesman Col. John Fortunato said Monday that the investigators collected and searched all of the garbage cans new the apartments over the weekend, but turned up no evidence of Ahlittia. "They said whoever had her must have brought her back there," Hill said.

not sure about the word "new", seems incorrect to me. I think this means that all the garbages were searched over the weekend. She must have been kept somewhere until garbage day. sigh.

I just re-watched the video with Mom describing what happened after Ahlittia went missing and she says after searching downstairs,

"I immediately went to our nephew's house cuz that's the closest house to us..." She then said she called stepdad's sister then drove to the church. This makes me believe the nephew lived VERY close, close enough for her to run to his house and back to her house.

So not only is the nephew the person of interest but he also lives very close to her house (and thus would have knowledge of garbage days/routes).

Interesting that he's also been unaccounted for all these days...

not sure about the word "new", seems incorrect to me. I think this means that all the garbages were searched over the weekend. She must have been kept somewhere until garbage day. sigh.

Wonder if they meant to say "near" the apartment?

I also wonder if the perp drove around with her body for a few days Casey Anthony style, before putting her where he did.

Poor, sweet baby. RIP Ahlittia.

ETA: I just realized she was found under garbage can(s), not in a dumpster?

ffs, I was too weary to make the post last I logged in.. but just logged in now to say that I did not have a good feeling about this one at all..

.. and lo and behold, to my dismay, here is why... Poor child, and the picture of her smiling like a princess in her green dress is so much more heartbreaking now.

The perp MUST have lived nearby. That's a certainty.

I'm not surprised the POI(s) were familiar with the family. But I also get the feeling there's a lot more to the background of this tragedy....

We'll see, I suppose. I hope the perp gets whatever fate is harshest over there when they finally do catch him.

Several comments in this early article caught my attention at the time I first read it...

This article was posted on Saturday at 11:48am- but the investigation had just started that morning- but it was updated Sunday afternoon, so I believe these quotes are mostly from the Sunday update...

"We have gone door to door to every one of this apartment complexes," Fortunato said. "We've checked garbage cans, we have gone to the next street over conducting canvasses of people in and around that area."
<snip>

"So far investigators have focused their search a thick, wooded area just across the street from the girl's home. Deputies have also focused their attention on Max Drive, the street just behind the apartment complex."
<snip>

"The family claims North is not the type to wander off by herself and now fear it is possible someone close to the family may have taken her."

http://www.wwltv.com/news/JPSO-Six-year-old-Harvey-girl-goes-missing-215376901.html

AnnieOakley, thanks.

Seems the police were focussed on the local area from the get-go. The blanket and apparent toothbrush, etc, sure were good indicators the killer knew Ahlittia.

It bothers me, how he got into the house..if all the doors were locked. Waking the child from her sleep in a locked house, and not the parents? Hrghm. Did he have a key, I wonder..

AnnieOakley, thanks.

Seems the police were focussed on the local area from the get-go. The blanket and apparent toothbrush, etc, sure were good indicators the killer knew Ahlittia.

It bothers me, how he got into the house..if all the doors were locked. Waking the child from her sleep in a locked house, and not the parents? Hrghm.

I believe it's possible he had keys. Either he may have had them, or stolen them from either their house when he was over there or from his dad's if he had some.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back