LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here are the things that concern me:

1. Dad says he locked door and burglar bars before going to bed. Door was found unlocked (I think they said open, but does that mean open open or just unlocked?), and there were no signs of forced entry.

-perp had keys?
-perp convinced Ahitta to open door?
-perp was already in the house

2. Queen size comforter missing from Ahlitta's bed.

-why? If you're going to snatch a kid, it's in and out

3. Toothpaste and toothbrush missing

-now that's just bizarre

4. The poi Matthew Flugence. This is sticking with me that they just named him straight away like that-there has to be a reason.

I was just kicking around the "perp was already in the house" thought too. Maybe mom and Ahlitta went in to get Ahlitta in bed, and dad had door open walking back and forth bringing in items from the store and the perp snuck in?
Maybe a little wild, but possible I suppose.

Why he would take her toothbrush and toothpaste, I still have no good theory on that.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/07/search_continues_for_missing_6.html#incart_m-rpt-2

First thing I noticed in this video is the mom saying she got up, then correcting herself and adding in "immediately got up", then later saying she immediately went somewhere. Makes me think it wasn't immediate, because she's sure trying to make us think it was. Other thing I noticed right away, as others have stated, is her calmness and how she's so matter-of-about it.

My heart aches for Ahlitta's mom. :( And for her stepfather, too. What a shock it must have been for them to wake up and not find her asleep in her bed.

Hill said he first noticed something was out of place when he went to brush his teeth for work. The toothpaste was gone, he said.

While walking back to his bedroom to ask North about the missing toothpaste, he realized Ahlittia's bed was empty. "We started looking all over the house for her, and we couldn't find her," Hill said.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/07/search_continues_for_missing_6.html#incart_m-rpt-2

"So far everything has been consistent with what family members have told us up to this point," said Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office spokesperson Colonel John Fortunato.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Inv...ch-for-missing-6-year-old-girl-215465121.html

Winn Dixie was closer, but I don't know about color surveillance.

sorry but Winn Dixie is not closer than the mini mart, as Winn Dixie is on Woodmere Blvd 3 streets away from apts. and mini mart is across the street.. big difference

Not finding AnyThing on our poi Matthew Flugence

its on alex korman blvd which is the next corner over from Destrahan ave

I can't find it, that road appears to be all residential to me with a McDonalds on one end and a school or something on the other, so I'll wait until I have the exact address and name of the store and a link that says this is where the video is from. Thank you for trying to help though!

When I think of those 3 things missing, I get one image in my head. She was brushing her teeth (either remembered and got back up after everybody was in bed, or got up earlier than the parents and did it then) and someone threw the comforter over her to help absorb sound so nobody woke up. Unfortunately, that in no way explains who it was or how he/she got into the place.

When I think of those 3 things missing, I get one image in my head. She was brushing her teeth (either remembered and got back up after everybody was in bed, or got up earlier than the parents and did it then) and someone threw the comforter over her to help absorb sound so nobody woke up. Unfortunately, that in no way explains who it was or how he/she got into the place.

OMG..... that's genius thinking.

When the weird couldn't get weirder... it did:

"Albert and Lisa went to bed at 11 p.m. Friday. When they woke up Saturday, Ahlittia was gone, along with her queen sized comforter that was brown on one side, plaid on the other. Also missing was toothpaste and a toothbrush.

“It just looked like somebody just grabbed one. It wasn't hers,” Albert Hill said. “It looked like somebody just grabbed one out [of] the thing.”
"

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Reward-raised-for-return-of-missing-Harvey-girl-215573181.html

"Albert and Lisa went to bed at 11 p.m. Friday. When they woke up Saturday, Ahlittia was gone, along with her queen sized comforter that was brown on one side, plaid on the other. Also missing was toothpaste and a toothbrush.

“It just looked like somebody just grabbed one. It wasn't hers,” Albert Hill said. “It looked like somebody just grabbed one out [of] the thing.”
"

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Reward-raised-for-return-of-missing-Harvey-girl-215573181.html

Seriously? You're right....just gets weirder and weirder.

My five year old loves to brush her teeth and gets upset if we forget. So good theory Confusion.

I can also see a "I'm walking back to Grandmas scenario as far as the toothbrush/toothpaste. However I do think a Queen comforter would be too big to drag with her.

Anyone know what time the step dad got up for work? Or what time they first noticed her missing? I know they reported her at 9. But one relative said they went over to help look for her before calling the police.. also that interview said she liked to hide under the stairs. Were the stairs inside or out? And was it common for her to "hide" from them? My middle daughter loved to hide and would hide from us, often sending us on a frantic search for her. Could Ahlitta have hidden somewhere and not been able to get out of her hiding spot?

"

What in the heck does that mean? I don't like where my mind is going on this.

My mind doesn't even go anywhere on it, it's so strange.

Well, no. One place.

A couple of years ago we went on vacation to the beach and my husband saw a homeless guy who looked like he'd just been beaten up and felt sorry for him.. long story short, we helped him out with a couple of things and two things he wanted more than anything else was a toothbrush and toothpaste.

It sounds as though if it were an abduction, there were mental disorders associated with the person snatching her who was trying to rationalize her needs in his/her head.

My five year old loves to brush her teeth and gets upset if we forget. So good theory Confusion.

I can also see a "I'm walking back to Grandmas scenario as far as the toothbrush/toothpaste. However I do think a Queen comforter would be too big to drag with her.

Anyone know what time the step dad got up for work? Or what time they first noticed her missing? I know they reported her at 9. But one relative said they went over to help look for her before calling the police.. also that interview said she liked to hide under the stairs. Were the stairs inside or out? And was it common for her to "hide" from them? My middle daughter loved to hide and would hide from us, often sending us on a frantic search for her. Could Ahlitta have hidden somewhere and not been able to get out of her hiding spot?
Stairs are inside. They likely have a storage area in the crawl space. Not sure what time the stepdad was getting ready for work.

As for the queen comforter, some comforters can become very thin after several washings. Still, it would be wide, and difficult for a little girl to carry on her own. But who's to say the perp didn't give her a hand if she dragged it down the stairs. For that matter, she mght have already brought it downstairs with her to watch tv. That's something both my son and my niece did as kids. I remember doing it, myself, with my siblings, especially on a Saturday morning.

How, in the case of a missing 6 year old, does anyone NOT suspect foul play?!!! Do six year olds typically go out partying for a couple of days? Did she go out joyriding?

How is there not an Amber Alert of some kind? If a stranger didn't kidnap her, then a family member is trying to cover up something. I think foul play is pretty much the most likely cause of this entire scenario! WTF?!!!

I just feel so bad for this little girl getting so little attention. :(

http://newsone.com/2634198/ahlitta-north-louisiana/

I think Amber Alerts only happen when they know a child has been abducted (such as someone witnessing the abduction) and they can tell the public what to look for, such as a specific vehicle.

(Oops, didn't realize this wasn't the main thread.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT
Back