LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah.... what you said Katydid!

So when is the actual arraignment?

since today was just an "initial court appearance" to assign him a public defender (of which he said he needed one for a "case like this:")

Usually the time to be put on a docket is 6-8 weeks here, but since this case is so high profile, maybe they'll bump it up? Who knows

That's just crazy but what a great head your friend has on her shoulders! Was she specifically thinking of Mickey's disappearance with this guy or did he just alarm her in a general sense?

way to go car sales lady!!!!!

I think when a predator is on the hunt, his "instincts" take over and he forgets all about things like cameras, GPS, cell pings, etc...until he is in the clean-up phase and by then, he can only get rid of so much. So far, he has only managed to keep Mickey hidden...everything else he tried to dispose of has been found and linked back to him.

He may have pulled off someplace soon after abducting her, and attacked and killed her, and then decided that WB was the best place to leave both her and the bike...I really can't see going there just to leave the bike. I doubt she was ever at his house. I think he probably did take that other route back to his house (the one the new poster mentioned, 17 miles of dark road from WB) and by then, had disposed of Mickie and the bike. All before dawn on the 19th. I do not believe he would have driven to TX with her body in his vehicle or left her on his land.

Mickie is most likely in the water, IMO. He may have weighed down her body. I am really counting on LE to be able to prove that he assaulted her in his vehicle so as to prove that she never left it alive.

JMO

You are right about "predator" instincts. There is a part of the brain that is for instinct only and when someone calls a person a "predator" that is exactly what they are. It is no different than a lion stalking a gazelle. The brain is acting back in its reptilian ways -- (and yes, this is genetic and hereditary, or the propensity for the brain to act this way is). This means that if someone exhibits that behavior, this predatory behavior, they will ALWAYS exhibit it. It is not curable and no amount of jail time is going to make it go away. So when you say he went into predator mode -- he did exactly that. He becomes unaware of anything but the prey - the thrill of the hunt --. After the crime he may eventually come to his senses and then spend a lot of time covering up the crime. Drugs and or alcohol can make this behavior even worse but even without the drugs and alcohol -- predators are exactly that - predators.

Tried to copy and paste from the report but it shows up like this: Also, during tlo r!.fth ofrhc vicrims rcaid$€.. r w$h ctorh wirh s,ricky $b!t!nc. w.3 foid ir rne
bathrcom Tfic $bsunc! i3 !d{'ercd of po3sibtyb cing 3.nic.r. Thi! ctorh vjl bc s.nt (o th! Acrdh CrioE
Ltb tor resting and ,b!ibl. conp&ison ro $mptes tom thc srpc.r.

It says:
Also, during the search of the victims residence, a wash cloth with a sticky substance was found in the bathroom. The substance is suspected of possibly being semen. This cloth will be sent to Acadian Crime Lab for testing and possible comparison to samples from the suspect.

Thank you! I thought so. I remember every silly thing I read so didn't think I could have been so wrong. But it could happen :)

Just reaffirms my belief that he is not so bright.

I have family members working for the Wood Group and they were sent back home on June 22 for the storm that was moving in. They too work 14 on 14 off and they go offshore on Wednesday.

could someone link me to the orange jumpsuit picture of BSL? the one with the scratch on his neck

Hi everyone, I'm just now able to get back on here, and am trying (albeit unsuccessfully, I'm afraid!) to catch up on posts.

I heard the press conference today, and it was about what I expected.

My friend at the car dealership told police that this "strange person" who came in had said his white Chevy Silverado truck had been stolen. He also gave her a copy of his DL on which he had tried (either by whiting-out or other similar means) to hide the fact that he was an RSO. She told me today that she was also alarmed by the fact (and she also told this to police) that he had "injuries" (she said they looked like scratches and/or cuts) to his arms and hands. She also had the presence of mind to photocopy his DL before he left the dealership (abruptly, she said) so that she could give police all the information on it. A detective called her yesterday and said that they had been building a case against this guy (who turned out to be BL), and that the day after receiving her tip, they began tailing him. As I mentioned yesterday, her initial call to police was around 4 weeks ago, maybe plus or minus a few days.

I got the impression from the press conference that BL had visited other dealerships after going to this one. I really don't feel that it would be right for me to tell which dealership my friend works for, in order to protect her privacy.

But I do believe her tip was very valuable in bringing the case to where it is today.

With LE looking at this guy intensively for at least 4 weeks, I'm of the opinion that they must have some really solid concrete evidence that they are not ready to disclose to the public, for believing that Mickey was murdered. I feel horrible even writing that, but I just don't think that LE, after building a case against BL for at least four weeks, would "jump the gun", or prematurely, or whatever, arrest him for 1st degree murder, unless they were nearly 100% sure that they could prove it, or knew almost beyond a doubt that they would be 100% able to prove it when the time came to formally do so.

Again that's just my take on things.

Please thank your friend for all of us.

here is his latest mug shot:

320379_419608138078692_1775927775_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

This guy is not so smart.
I am pretty confident he slipped up somewhere and left something behind (forensics, GPS, etc) that police have found (and haven't processed yet) or will find that will lead us to Mickey.

Thank you! I thought so. I remember every silly thing I read so didn't think I could have been so wrong. But it could happen :)

Just reaffirms my belief that he is not so bright.

Well he is 33 now, and this happened in 1999 so he would have been 20 at the time. Young and inexperienced.

I don't get it. Couldn't they use or build on the NCIC? It seems to me that with the Internet and technology we already have - like apps that show you folks who want to have sex near your GPS location that we could do something that would benefit humanity.

And I really do agree with you, they really need to learn from this.

ankle bracelets. if they aren't going to keep them in jail or on a survival of the fittest island that i think is the best solution, then keep ankle dealys on them for the rest of their lives?? they'd have to be monitored 24/7 though.

Now I am wondering if they think this guy might be related to the suspected serial killer in Jennings Louisiana. They need to start looking at all cases of missing girls from here to Houston.

Edit: Nevermind. I was told he was in jail until 2008 and the Jennings murders started in 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member