LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy but I really don't think this is the case here. It's common if children are told things like you're so bad/dumb. They grow up believing it and then acting a certain way or making certain choices because of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Agreed. But as I understand it, it often leads to self destructive behavior (substance abuse, failure to keep a job, etc.)...not generally turned outward to other victims in such a violent manner.

Was BSL living alone in the house or with the girlfriend?

I beleive he lived alone and the GF stayed with him occasionally. I have read so much today, and watched so much news that I can't remember where I heard/read it.:dunno:

I think either they have evidence of Mickey's body at WB or in the burned truck.
You cannot rehabilitate a sex offender. They all need to be executed. IMO.

I wish I could agree with this statement but I just don't believe an 18 yr old boy with a 16 yr old girlfriend is a sex offender. However, in some states they are

There are some RSO's that I can totally agree on though..

With all those wounds on his face and neck and the wounds that the lady at the dealership described, I cannot help but think that there was quite a struggle. Wounds on the face tend to mean that the people knew each other. (Rule of thumb is the closer to the face the wounds are the closer in relationship the people were). I know that this is not the case here, but he sure has a lot of wounds on his face/neck. Not to mention the ones his facial hair may be hiding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is there a link you can post re: the car dealership woman's description? I must have missed it (I'm new here).

TIA,
Kitty

Holy geezus. Here I go m have a few margaritas to come back to more interpretation of the dwt. Island hopper can u fill me in at all? I caught u got these pics on tv... But what have they been saying and what are you seeing? I was always a believer that he was peeking over the hood. :/

No living alone or no living with his girlfriend?

His girlfriend/fiance was NOT living with him... her family was creeped out by him and after some sloothin.... found out he was a tier 3 RSO... one thing lead to another and +/- other tips .... he is behind bars!

just RUMOR!!! Based on other forums!

Re the neck scar, I wonder if she had her keys to her house close to her hands and could have used them to try to go for his jugular? I've got some keys that are pretty sharp.

So these are the pics. The first pic is of the entire truck. The other two pics are of the rear passenger side cab compartment.

It could be that you have to see it as big as I just did to see the detail, I don't know.

There is no roof and no window in the rear passenger side. There is a sheet/blanket draped over the top of the cab. You can see the emptiness of the rear cab, the interior of the door area that seperates the front section and the back and you can see how the sheet or covering drapes down into the cab in the rear. How odd.

Please don't blast me for posting these pics. I never stay in on a Friday night so I am clearly trying to get some answers even if only for myself. And I already know that some of you won't see anything but a blur. Sorry. But it is all very clear to me.

Why would the truck be missing the roof area on that side and why would he drive around with a big sheet or blanket on top of the truck??

I did not enhance or alter these images in any way...not even cropping. I took a pic of the tv screen.

That's amazing. I just wanna jump in my jeep and go to your house to see this on the big screen!! Mine is only 60", anyway... it does look like his hand is up to his mouth or chin.. smoking maybe?? This is awesome, thanks for posting.

I wish I could agree with this statement but I just don't believe an 18 yr old boy with a 16 yr old girlfriend is a sex offender. However, in some states they are

i think that most agree that age deal is not predatory or really even an offense if consensual.

If I was that family I wouldn't feel right about taking the money. They're judgement on him may have been part of what drove him to reoffend. Some people get that mentality where if they're going to be labeled as something they might as well be it.

no, actually, their judgement of him was them listening to that little voice that tells us when something is wrong ... their gut instincts were right

he didn't re-offend b/c society (or a particular family) thought he was a criminal

he re-offended b/c that's what predators do ... nothing drives them but their own repulsive desires

JMO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have a similar RSO in our neighborhood. He was 19, his GF at the time was 17 in 1979. Her parents pressed charges. Right or wrong, he's labeled for life. He later married, had kids, divorced. Reconnected with ex-GF, was engaged for several years before splitting amicably. Yet the conviction still stands. I do find it hard to consider him a predator almost 35 years later (his record since '79 is clean).

There are some sites for RSO that provided detailed info (the violation, for example). This makes it easier to ascertain the 5% of the dumb ones from the 95% of the monsters (my made-up statistics). I think it's important to know the context, whenever possible. Violent offenders should be on the registry for life, IMO.

I beleive he lived alone and the GF stayed with him occasionally. I have read so much today, and watched so much news that I can't remember where I heard/read it.:dunno:

i like your pic. i have been sucked in too and it's not good for family. the laundry, meals, and one on one quality time I am slacking in. i've gotta get my life back. i hope to be able to once Mickey is found

good eyes! yes that is totally a 91 stealth

Just tuned in and reading backwards .. But looks like they took all the skirting off the trailer. They are really looking for her.. Unfortunately, and I'm sure we all wanna know why, they are just looking for her body.

If I was that family I wouldn't feel right about taking the money. They're judgement on him may have been part of what drove him to reoffend. Some people get that mentality where if they're going to be labeled as something they might as well be it.

This family did not label Brandon Lavergne an RSO/Predator. He did that all by himself by the choices he made..
He did not need any motivation to reoffend. Acting out his sadistical sexual fantasies was the primary catalyst for his evil deeds. Brandon Lavergne's trail of terror did not begin on 05/19/2012...

http://fightforjustice.blogspot.com/2005/12/roger- l-depue.html
Roger L. Depue “Between Good and Evil” Author & Retired FBI BAU Profiler:

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.
Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

Wondergirl, I removed one of your posts because it doesn't sound like the right person. And yes, there is a resident in the area that shares the same name, so to everyone, please be careful when you post social networking links.

Yes, definately need to be careful. Whitepages.com shows several Brandon Lavergnes in Louisiana as well as a few in Texas, and one in Missouri. I feel for these (other) guys!

Hi ... I've been trying to catch up and kind of whizzed through all the posts from today. This may have already been posted up thread somewhere but just in case it wasn't, thought I'd post this very interesting little snippet:

bbm:
Lavergne is required to register as a sex offender for life because of his conviction, but he filed a petition on May 31 of this year to be relieved of that obligation

http://theadvocate.com/home/3281915-125/tip-leads-to-arrest-in

I really want to know why his truck is all messed up. That would really stand out I would think. It just doesn't seem like something someone would do on purpose. Maybe he was making some sort of weird kidnap quarters back there!

These pics are making me realize that the truck going opposite of Mickey can't be the same truck.

IIRC, the DC Sniper had modified his car so that he could shoot from the trunk.

Maybe this BL dude modified his Chevy truck in a similar fashion to meet his specialized deviant needs.

:jail:

i see that it looks that way, but it think it's just light distortion playing tricks because the sign looks distorted too

Maybe but sure looks like a covering of some sort to me. Even looks like a corner of it hangs down a bit onto the front windshield edge.

Sure wish we knew more :). I will drive myself crazy.

:what:

Umm, they didn't force BSL to do anything. He's a pervert RSO. There's no excuse for what he did except he's evil and messed up. Making excuses for his behavior is bs.

IMO, if the family turned him in and I had 1 million dollars, I'd give it to them. If not for them doing that, this creep might still be walking around. Would that be better?

Thank you for this post!
My thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members