LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO From what we know of BSL, he is a pathological liar, abuser of women, and a firebug, among other things. None of his past crimes have involved water (at least none that we know of) except for the fact that he dumped Mickey's bike in Whiskey Bay. I don't know why, but I keep thinking he may have taken her to a campsite in the vicinity of Whiskey Bay and then buried her in a wooded area. I don't think he wanted to run the risk of having her body wash up somewhere. JMO Also, in his crazy head (and after sustaining injuries during a fight with Mickey), he panicked and drove away from the crime scene to New Orleans to concoct his alibi for future reference. Over the next few weeks he *felt the heat* from all the publicity of the Find Mickey Now campaign and the fact that his truck was being sought in the crime. This triggered his decision to drive to Coldspring and burn it, for two reasons: to get rid of any traces of DNA still left inside after he'd cleaned it out - and to give the appearance of victim instead of villain, totally innocent of any part in Mickey's disappearance. :twocents:

There are more than two:
1) 1514 Jefferson Hwy., New Orleans, LA 70121
2) 2700 Napoleon Ave., New Orleans, LA 70115
3) 180 W Esplanade Ave, Kenner, LA 70065
4) 1514 Jefferson Hwy., New Orleans, LA 70121
5) 2500 Belle Chasse Hwy., Gretna, LA 70056

http://www.ochsner.org/emergency/

I did not realize since I moved away Oschner bought some of the other hospitals. The one in Kenner is in Jefferson Parish and right off of 90 as well.

not all are hospitals , some are just medical clinics

Good point. What about a lie detector test? Is that a standard thing when arrested for murder? If so, the results won't come out in trial I'm guessing. Those tests don't really work very well though with psychopaths. Or is he a socio? I forgot what I learned in psychology

I don't think lie detector test results are admissable in Louisiana courts and I highly doubt BSL's attorney would agree to one being administered.

Although, in this case, I wish LE could put him on a plane, fly him to Saudi Arabia or Israel and have him interrogated by those guys. They would get some results.

Mornin' peeps! :seeya:

Due to good but tedious legal reasons, we can't link to pix of uninvolved persons here at WS.

Also, the hospital he went to was on Jefferson Hwy according to this Advocate story (thanks Bessie for the link!).

"(snip) Deputies took the report at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway, said Col. John Fortunato, commander of the public information office. (snip)"

JMO From what we know of BSL, he is a pathological liar, abuser of women, and a firebug, among other things. None of his past crimes have involved water (at least none that we know of) except for the fact that he dumped Mickey's bike in Whiskey Bay. I don't know why, but I keep thinking he may have taken her to a campsite in the vicinity of Whiskey Bay and then buried her in a wooded area. I don't think he wanted to run the risk of having her body wash up somewhere. JMO Also, in his crazy head (and after sustaining injuries during a fight with Mickey), he panicked and drove away from the crime scene to New Orleans to concoct his alibi for future reference. Over the next few weeks he *felt the heat* from all the publicity of the Find Mickey Now campaign and the fact that his truck was being sought in the crime. This triggered his decision to drive to Coldspring and burn it, for two reasons: to get rid of any traces of DNA still left inside after he'd cleaned it out - and to give the appearance of victim instead of villain, totally innocent of any part in Mickey's disappearance. :twocents:

He likes to destroy by fire. Unfortunately, I think he did the same to MS. Now where would he feel comfy in doing it? He may have then disposed of her remains in a dumpster. Curious if the gf knew if he was missing a container, rug, suitcase, etc. ??

I don't think lie detector test results are admissable in Louisiana courts and I highly doubt BSL's attorney would agree to one being administered.

Although, in this case, I wish LE could put him on a plane, fly him to Saudi Arabia or Israel and have him interrogated by those guys. They would get some results.

Much as I want LE to get a full confession out of him (if he is Mickey's murderer), lie detector tests are unreliable as some people (especially pathological liars) can pass the test - probably by remaining calm and of course, in their crazy minds they are speaking the truth, as they believe their own lies completely! JMO Also, interrogation/torture techniques can make anyone admit to anything, whether guilty or not. :slap:

We can only hope and pray that Brandon's visit to church was brought on by true remorse for all his wrongdoings and a deep need for God's forgiveness. I sense a real battle going on inside of him and I just wish the good side of him had won long before he ever hurt anyone.

I have never liked the number 3. Other than a slot machine, nothing good ever happens in 3's.

Poor pitiful him, huh. Then later, someone steals his truck and sets it on fire! Is it just bad luck following this guy?

3 o'clock - I've heard the number 3 is most often used in a lie for some reason.

Yeah Curious. Sad huh?

Reminds me a bit of Hailey Dunn's likely murderer.
Shawn Adkins. The named POI.
He just happened to be the last to see her, happened to lose his job that day, happened to go to his mother's when his phone just happened to ping on a tower near Hailey's house where he says he wasn't and just happened to be caught in the house with the deer-in-the-headlights- look by Hailey's brother.

Those poor guys. Of all the bad luck...

He likes to destroy by fire. Unfortunately, I think he did the same to MS. Now where would he feel comfy in doing it? He may have then disposed of her remains in a dumpster. Curious if the gf knew if he was missing a container, rug, suitcase, etc. ??

Earlier this morning. I posted a picture of a large waterproof offshore bag that would be similar to one BSL might own. He could easily have more than one of these kind of bags that would normally be in his truck (either in the back seat or in the truck bed) - and it would not arouse suspicion - but may have been used to transport Mickey :( His *comfort zone* seems to be indoors or around campsites/wooded areas, going by the fact that his truck was dumped in such a place. He may have taken her body to a wooded area or to a swamp, and because there are so many possible locations, this is going to be tricky to pinpoint - unless LE have solid information, or a full confession. You've got me thinking now about other possible containers he might have used. What else could he have placed in his truck bed that would appear *normal*? Just wondering what kind of stuff he usually transported to and from his work location. Any ideas?

Did we determine how exactly LE placed BSL at WB? Was it definitely GPS?

Due to BSL dumping MS's bike at whiskey bay. His deflective & calculative nature. Would he have possibly used DTL or the Jennings serial killer's MO & locations for the body dump?

Since DTL, is locked up. This would indicate a possible copycat and terrorize the community all over again..

The Jennings serial killer hasn't been identified. This would also terrorize the community creating the illusion that he is active again after a brief sabatical...

As BSL's dominoes continue to fall, guess, time will tell, huh?

I'm beginning to think that he's really just not that smart. Deflective? Absolutely... Calculative? Yea but he doesn't come to very savvy solutions.

I mean my 14 yr old niece could've come up with more believable alibi's and back stories!

It's possible that he doesn't have the imagination and uses their dumpsites for that reason.

I can't help but think of the bike as an afterthought. Surely he would know that they'd be looking for it. And he could've hidden it way better. It makes me think that in the frenzy of this "crime of opportunity" he was driving and remembered the bike in the back of his truck. Oops... Lemme dump this real quick. Did I read somewhere that the handles/handlebars were tampered with removed?? What reasoning behind that? Fingerprints? DNA?

I watch a lot of crime shows...years worth! It happens all the time. I do believe they can determine if they were likely self-inflicted. It doesn't say where in the back. And a person could use a grip of some sort to hold the knife if they were desperate enough.

There are so many homicides, usually domestic, where the survivor will claim a stranger came in and attacked them both but yet the significant other is the only one that died. The survivor will have self-inflicted wounds that look and sound bad but are really fairly superficial and have missed all major organs and arteries.

His wounds were obviously not life threatening.

In my opinion, this scenario is much more common than a petite victim having the opportunity to inflict these wounds to many areas of the attackers body. I have actually never heard such a case. You would think at least one would have life threatening if she was fighting for her life or some robber stabbed him.

Strictly just an opinion but I think:

All stab wounds: intentionally self-inflicted.
Finger laceration: from his hand slipping down on a knife.
Potential bite mark and scratches to hands and arms: definitely Mickey

Unless she was able to attack him when he was driving I do not see how she would have been able to overpower him.
I still find it hard to believe that such a narcissistic man (IMO) would consider scarring himself, particularly at a point when as far as he knew noone suspected him or was missing Mickey yet. I believe Mickey was smart and tough enough to fight back and inflict that damage. Also, maybe BSL had been drinking and wasn't as alert as he could have been at that hour.

I've been mulling this over for some time now...

When traveling on I-10 from Lafayette towards BR/NO, there are several exits between Lafayette and Whiskey Bay.

1) Breaux Bridge...lots of gas stations, lots of lighted areas, lots of people.

2) Henderson...same as Breaux Bridge, but you CAN get to the levee quite easily from this exit.

3) Butte LaRose...there is a rest stop at this exit and this is where the Atchafalaya Basin begins. Right next to the rest stop is a narrow, swampy, densely wooded, lightly-traveled road several miles long that leads to the levee (and eventually to the teeny-weeny town of Catahoula where I grew up). Butte LaRose is the last exit before Whiskey Bay.

If I were an evil RSO traveling east on I-10 with a body inside my vehicle and a bike in the truck bed, which would I dispose of first, the bike or the body? Would I dispose of them in the same location?

...I might have to activate 'Team Cajun Nosey-Kazozy' and go check out the Butte LaRose road.

Earlier this morning. I posted a picture of a large waterproof offshore bag that would be similar to one BSL might own. He could easily have more than one of these kind of bags that would normally be in his truck (either in the back seat or in the truck bed) - and it would not arouse suspicion - but may have been used to transport Mickey :( His *comfort zone* seems to be indoors or around campsites/wooded areas, going by the fact that his truck was dumped in such a place. He may have taken her body to a wooded area or to a swamp, and because there are so many possible locations, this is going to be tricky to pinpoint - unless LE have solid information, or a full confession. You've got me thinking now about other possible containers he might have used. What else could he have placed in his truck bed that would appear *normal*? Just wondering what kind of stuff he usually transported to and from his work location. Any ideas?

You could be onto something with the bag thing, mama cat. Opens up the possibility of him feeling safer to drive further with her. I would definitely check back roads from Laffy to Nola... Roads that he could possibly take on way to work offshore. Interstates seem a little more risky to me. More cars, cops etc. If he didn't SHOW UP to hospital til 11pm that gives him plenty of time. And I think that he probably did all of this in the 4 hour span of darkness. (IMO) So what did he do from that morning until 11pm that night? Besides hang out with his buddy in Nola and get stabbed/robbed by the most unique criminal in the world? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne