LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to find Mickey and allow family/friends to have closure. Didn't an ealier post suggest BSL was interested in cemeteries??

http://www.histopolis.com/Place/US/LA/Saint_Landry_Parish/Fontenot_Cemetery/596088361

Yes, you're right, although I don't think that information about his interest in cemeteries was verified. I think that your suggestion about Fontenot Cemetery is a great one and I hope this will be searched too, if it hasn't already been looked at. I don't know why, but the comment that has come up on different websites of *they'll never find her* leads me to believe that someone other than BSL knows precisely where Mickey is hidden. Where would we *never find her*? - well, there's always a chance of finding a body in the woods or in a waterway, so I can only guess BSL used a swamp, or as you are suggesting, buried her in an actual graveyard. I really think this needs checking out. :websleuther:

There's something sticking out of he bottom side of one of the bags...I can't make it out...

I read Holly's abductor was 5'10" 200 lbs approx to BSL

Yes! plus the fact that her brother saw Holly enter the woods with a man dressed in camouflage. I know it's common enough, but BSL is ex-army and probably liked wearing his camo gear from time to time. JMO

Tripod in the bag was a very interesting guess. My first thought were shovels. It is an interesting guess that it was early-morning fishermen who spotted him dumping a bike. The best time to fish is at daybreak almost everywhere. it makes sense that it was a fisherman who saw him -- esp because the bike was intact and looked ridable -- it would stand out in my mind if a new 2011 duly pulled up and a haggard-looking gentlemen got out and threw a bike in the river. If they passed close enough to each other, they probably even spoke - they would in this part of the country. And that would be an odd moment of sorts.

I am very worried about those IDs. I am wondering how many and from what states. We know in about 3 days he covered a lot of ground in that duly, I am thinking honestly his victims could be anywhere, any state. Especially states that his business sent him to, I am thinking from Floriday through Texas and up to possibly the tips of Iowa, etc. Certainly Tennessee as he seems to like to drive, esp if the company is reimbursing his mileage. -- Which would be an interesting fact to investigate if indeed he did drive for his company -- cause they would keep all those mileage records that he was reimbursed for -- as far as other girls missing.

I think he probably stored shovels under that trailer. Ugh. I am so glad that this case is almost over.

BBM
Just my opinion but to me this case is just starting. We haven't seen any discovery yet, etc. Trial could be years away and we are going to find out alot more in that time waiting for trial. Almost over? Not by a long shot in my opinion.

And of course Mickey is not home yet! Prayers that she is found today :please:

:blushing:

If you look really well at the picture, it looks like somthing is possibley sticking out of the side of one of the bags. The officer closest to the suv, down at the bottom left of the bag. I cant tell if its something on his uniform or something sticking out of the bag. Could be nothing. Just though I would mention it. :blushing:

It all goes back to how thorough the planning was.

Had I had 8 years to plan something, then the issue of a vacuum cleaner would have come up in my thoughts. I would have tried not to have used one. It would have meant that I had left evidence in my home - not good. A vacuum is not going to be thorough. And if I HAD used one, I would have smashed it after use so that no one would have been tempted to salvage it, and thrown it in a dumpster somewhere.

Yes, but you are way smarter than BSL. Also, just had a thought about his washing machine - I'm wondering if they checked the trap under it, and also the lint in his dryer. I suppose they went over everything with a fine-toothed comb..I know I would have. :twocents:

Also, I don't believe he's been planning this for 8 years, and I suspect this is not his first rodeo since he got out of prison last time. JMO

Tripod in the bag was a very interesting guess. My first thought were shovels. It is an interesting guess that it was early-morning fishermen who spotted him dumping a bike. The best time to fish is at daybreak almost everywhere. it makes sense that it was a fisherman who saw him -- esp because the bike was intact and looked ridable -- it would stand out in my mind if a new 2011 duly pulled up and a haggard-looking gentlemen got out and threw a bike in the river. If they passed close enough to each other, they probably even spoke - they would in this part of the country. And that would be an odd moment of sorts.

[snip]

I think he probably stored shovels under that trailer. Ugh. I am so glad that this case is almost over.

BBM.

Well, this is going out on a limb..... I doubt BSL saw that someone had seen him throw the bike in.... honestly, BSL would have been tempted to kill the witness... would have had to think hard about doing so.

I'm thinking more like a fisherman could have been pulling in and saw the truck. BSL would have had to go down to the water or out on the bridge pillar to throw the bike, and due to the drop-off, he would definitely have heard a vehicle pulling up, crunching on the gravel, before the driver had him in view.

One explanation for where the bike was found - I have a second-hand source that I trust that said it was actually not dead-center under the bridge, but maybe 15-30 feet to the left (south) - could have been that he started to walk up behind the pillar to throw it, heard/saw someone coming, and was forced to hastily throw it from the bottom of the path.

He would have looked funny coming back from around the back of the bridge pillar, but not so funny just walking up the trail from the shore.

BSl would have had to say something in passing, yes, but could have made an innocuous excuse such as - "checking the water level."

There's something sticking out of he bottom side of one of the bags...I can't make it out...

Oh no, here we go with more photoshopping fun LOL!

Honestly, the evidence was put in bags so that we could not see it, and I don't think we will learn anything more by examining the pics no matter how closely.

Having only been a visitor to LA one can't help but notice all the above ground musoleums and crypts. Could he have broken into one? That way she is safe if he later need her to negotiate his sentence???? Find her NOW, please.

You beat me to it I was just typing the same thing. I zoomed in and cant really tell what it is but I noticed it to.

Yes! plus the fact that her brother saw Holly enter the woods with a man dressed in camouflage. I know it's common enough, but BSL is ex-army and probably liked wearing his camo gear from time to time. JMO
It probably doesn't fit him anymore.

I think it was probably still dark when he dumped the bike. I would guess he had a light, probably one of those you wear on your head. He would need both hands, especially considering one was likely injured. Someone else in that area who is fishing, camping, or partying could have been in the dark...no light...sleeping. BSL would not see them but they could see him because of his light.
They might have DNA from blood droplets that were under the bridge, at the pilar base. That area would have protected somewhat from rain. They kept going back to wb to search...maybe because of blood drops...and the DNA had not come back from testing so they thought it was her blood.
It is possible they have an eye witness and DNA from wb.

If you look really well at the picture, it looks like somthing is possibley sticking out of the side of one of the bags. The officer closest to the suv, down at the bottom left of the bag. I cant tell if its something on his uniform or something sticking out of the bag. Could be nothing. Just though I would mention it. :blushing:

IMO those bags look like they have shovels in them.
Not that I necessarily go along with the potential theory, but graveyards and shovels go together.

It looks like there is also something sticking out of the bag furthest from the SUV too.

Yes, but you are way smarter than BSL. Also, just had a thought about his washing machine - I'm wondering if they checked the trap under it, and also the lint in his dryer. I suppose they went over everything with a fine-toothed comb..I know I would have. :twocents:

Also, I don't believe he's been planning this for 8 years, and I suspect this is not his first rodeo since he got out of prison last time. JMO

You would make an excellent detective.

Oh no, here we go with more photoshopping fun LOL!

Honestly, the evidence was put in bags so that we could not see it, and I don't think we will learn anything more by examining the pics no matter how closely.

Yep. They look like intact evidence bags, and yes I doubt that any evidence is exposed at all. All I see are folds in the bags protruding at the bottom level.

Hope you don't mind - just wanted to repost with the picture in the post showing for everyone. :) BBM

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

JMO Not sure about first bag, but middle bags are almost covering a large shovel and the third bags are covering a vacuum cleaner. :twocents:

We've heard speculation about BSL's intelligence. Some think dumb as dirt. Others (me included) think he is fairly bright.

Could you provide some insight?

Thanks in advance!

To me it looks as if the bags are not heavy. That might indicate cleaning tools like mops, brooms, a vacuum and shovels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne