LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but you are way smarter than BSL. Also, just had a thought about his washing machine - I'm wondering if they checked the trap under it, and also the lint in his dryer. I suppose they went over everything with a fine-toothed comb..I know I would have.

This reminds me of a thought I had during the week I was away from the forum: the removal of the skirting could have also been to allow LE access to the plumbing, which tends to be comprised of PVC pipes which run above ground, beneath the home, until they dump into their actual point of service. Toilets, sinks, bathtubs, laundry, etc. all drain into a wastewater outlet pipe beneath these types of homes, and eventually dump into a sewer main.

No telling what kind of potential DNA or material treasure (relative to this case) LE could possibly find in this location.

This reminds me of a thought I had during the week I was away from the forum: the removal of the skirting could have also been to allow LE access to the plumbing, which tends to be comprised of PVC pipes which run above ground, beneath the home, until they dump into their actual point of service. Toilets, sinks, bathtubs, laundry, etc. all drain into a wastewater outlet pipe beneath these types of homes, and eventually dump into a sewer main.

No telling what kind of potential DNA or material treasure (relative to this case) LE could possibly find in this location.

Very good thinking! Do u think if he rinsed bloody clothes etc in sink or shower that it's possible they could get DNA from that water? Or am I thinking like a fictional movie?

I would think that this person will be testifying to day before the GJ.

Could be, but -- here in Georgia, at least, one thing different about a grand jury session vs. trial is that the rules about hearsay evidence are different (allowed to an extent at gj). So, if the same rules apply in Lousiana, it might be that one of the investigators will testify about what an eyewitness said.

At a trial, the eyewitness would testify, if that is used as evidence.

Very good thinking! Do u think if he rinsed bloody clothes etc in sink or shower that it's possible they could get DNA from that water? Or am I thinking like a fictional movie?

Does he have a cistern out there?

I could not post anything for about 20 minutes...... :maddening:
Kept saying Server not responding.

Anyways, hope this works now ......
Sorta lost my train of thought.... :banghead:

Oooh ok it was a quote I was trying to do about LE Crime scene leaving with bags. To me appears very light in nature with handles that LE are carrying them by. My thoughts are shovels, cleaning stuff like mops, broom, small swifter, vacum, carpet cleaner, steamer along those lines.

I surely hope what LE removed from BSLs residence that it has more clues to bringing Mickey home and for justice to prevail.

My continued prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home real soon.
Prayers for Shunick and all families involved.

I believe sometimes you can actually get DNA from ashes if he disposed of the body in that way. Maybe they found a burn pile somewhere?

There could be some trace deposits of DNA in the piping, especially at any of the junction points (where 2 pipes are joined by yet another piece of formed, fitted PVC). Those junction points can serve as debris traps.

Also, the drain pipes of both his bathtub and all of his sinks can prove valuable. If any sort of twine, or any of his hair is caught up in the train, that can act as a bit of a debris trap. DNA will cling to that stuff, even if only in trace form.

Could be, but -- here in Georgia, at least, one thing different about a grand jury session vs. trial is that the rules about hearsay evidence are different (allowed to an extent at gj). So, if the same rules apply in Lousiana, it might be that one of the investigators will testify about what an eyewitness said.

At a trial, the eyewitness would testify, if that is used as evidence.

Does the LA GJ call in eyewitnesses? I believe they do in some states. Then it wouldn't be hearsay.

Not sure if there would be a sewer main since the area of his home is so rural. Septic maybe? Anyone know how that works? I think its a big tank in the ground somewhere that holds the drainage and then may go to a ditch or something. IDK all the logistics of them

How big were the pressure washers that were stolen?! Could one be in one of those bags?

Not sure if there would be a sewer main since the area of his home is so rural. Septic maybe? Anyone know how that works? I think its a big tank in the ground somewhere that holds the drainage and then may go to a ditch or something. IDK all the logistics of them

Yes, basically same question I asked a few posts above about having a cistern.

Does he have a septic system separate from city sewage?

There could be some trace deposits of DNA in the piping, especially at any of the junction points (where 2 pipes are joined by yet another piece of formed, fitted PVC). Those junction points can serve as debris traps.

Also, the drain pipes of both his bathtub and all of his sinks can prove valuable. If any sort of twine, or any of his hair is caught up in the train, that can act as a bit of a debris trap. DNA will cling to that stuff, even if only in trace form.

Ok. I'm kind often control freak type. It's hard for me to trust others to do a job of something. So do normal LE think of this stuff?

Also, what's all this talk about bags of a shovel vacuum cleaner? I'm at the beach so I can't really tune in the way id like to
For the GJ

When we moved here in 1996, they wouldn't turn on your Electric if you don't have the septic filter. We live out side of the city so we have to have a septic filter. No sewage can go into ditches.

http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/assets/oph/Center-EH/sanitarian/onsitewastewater/8145.pdf

:welcome2:Lots of guests in the forum- waiting on some GJ news like us I suppose. It's Okay u can join us we won't bite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne