LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had found this article a many weeks ago in a Texas Newspaper. It was an article about the burned truck before it had become known that this was the truck in question in the MS case. Very interesting that BSL did not bother to report the truck missing asap.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/deer...cle_462909e8-1432-5cf6-8115-1c0a43f33e98.html

Doesn't sound like the same truck. It said 2004-2008. His truck was a 2011. different body style I think they would be able to tell. I think he went to that area because a lot of vehicles get stolen, stripped, & destroyed. I had 2 family members years apart that had their vehicles stolen & stripped one from a hotel one from a shopping center. Would be interesting to know if his truck was stripped. Hard to believe someone would steal it just to set it on fire.

I had found this article a many weeks ago in a Texas Newspaper. It was an article about the burned truck before it had become known that this was the truck in question in the MS case. Very interesting that BSL did not bother to report the truck missing asap.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/deer...cle_462909e8-1432-5cf6-8115-1c0a43f33e98.html

That truck is not the same burned truck. BSLs truck was not under and overpass. It was in Sam Houston Forest. Many have confused that burned truck with BSLs burned truck. Someone from Texas said it's a perfect example of just how big of a problem car theft is in Texas. I'm not from Texas, but that's what someone said

I won't take the Advertiser footage of the DWT as fact until I see it. Please link. TIA

here's an area to ponder

assuming he took 190 to get to Whiskey Bay rather than i10, he may have got off 190 at 105 then took this little street called Frank Diesi that has NOTHING on it and seems to be a dirt road surrounded by trees. He would have then got back on 105 which turns into
Par3-95 and drove it to i10 getting up on the onramp of exit 121/Butte LaRose. From there he would have driven 6 miles to exit 127/Whiskey Bay or the route could have been reversed to Whiskey bay first via hwy 975 then from whiskey bay to exit 121 on so on

http://goo.gl/maps/ocgWX

Yes...the still was time stamped @ 0300 +- don't know how many minutes.
Dont know what happened to stills, but the Devalcourt route makes no sense if you're in a panic & not familiar w/ Lafayette streets. Devalcourt is not a regular route. BSL is from Swords, not Lafayette. I didn't even think the route made sense. I asked my hubs, a native, about it & he said 'huh?? Why take Devalcourt?' So I'm asking, why??
Why not Congress or Eraste Landry to University?? I've just never understood that route, & I don't remember anyone stating that the still was positively from the Advertiser. Even the parking lot looks different..jmo

It is pretty well known that they have Checkpoints at times right there at Bertrand and Congress so maybe he took that route just to be safe in case there was a check point that night. I have to say I take that route alot just to stay away from the congestion sometimes at the intersection of Congress/Bertrand.

Fwiw, I will never look at ANY dwt the same EVER again. I will forever hate them. Grrrr.

I won't take the Advertiser footage of the DWT as fact until I see it. Please link. TIA

Um.... I did the best I could. (^_^)

Okay, FWIW, I found a post here that links to a news article stating that LE has video from the Daily Advertiser.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Here's the link to the news article:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...e-Mickey-Shunick-case?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

I thought it was confirmed after BSL was arrested that the footage was, in fact, related, but I'm having trouble tracking that info down so far.

BBM

Can I try to help out with the mis-communication here?

I think the statement that there is no camera footage from the Advertiser is what got our feathers ruffled. Even though you added IMO, the news outlets did state that LE picked up footage from the DA the morning BSL was arrested. So, it is fact that this happened. I am pretty sure one of our posters here that works at the DA verified this.

I think the main question here is [Donamena's] statement "the photo in question is not from Advertiser Devalcourt area." What photo are you referring to? (Preceding sentence from CajunCoDe)

Also, I have lived here my entire life (I am 33). If I were trying to get to I-10 from Coliseum, I would have gone to Souvenir Gate, to Cajundome Blvd., taken a left at Congress, then turned right to Bertrand to get to I-10. I would NEVER even consider Devalcourt. I know the road, but it is a back road, and I doubt people that are not from here would even know about it. JMO

Before I started work, I just did some more searching for the still of the Daily Advertiser footage. I can't find it. At this point, I won't clutter up the thread with arguing anymore - I'll make some calls to the Advertiser and see if I can clarify it.

Sorry if Donamena feels attacked. I didn't mean it that way. I don't do personal attacks; I sleuth facts, and do ask pointed, specific questions, in service of sleuthing.

As I said, she got me so totally confused last night - I mean CONFUSED! She was talking about photos on University, but I couldn't understand from her comments which photos, she was referring to, and then she said that BSL never took Bertrand, and that instead he took University, and stood on that, and was using some photo she had seen from University as evidence. I wanted to know why, in case she had inside info that I had missed. My questions to her have not been personal in nature - they have been forensic in nature, and so if that has been misunderstood, I apologize.

The bolded part in Donamena's comment above, reposted by CajunCoDe, is what totally threw me. Thank you for reposting it, CajunCoDe - you hit the nail on the head. I started asking Donamena for answers and didn't get them last night, so I asked again this morning, specifically so that other posters wouldn't get as confused by last night's statements as I was.

That truck is not the same burned truck. BSLs truck was not under and overpass. It was in Sam Houston Forest. Many have confused that burned truck with BSLs burned truck. Someone from Texas said it's a perfect example of just how big of a problem car theft is in Texas. I'm not from Texas, but that's what someone said

Okay I stand corrected then but I have not found any news articles yet about Sam Houston Forest. Does anyone have a link to the real truck news article from before it was linked to MS.

This is what confused me also is that the burned truck found was on May 31 and the follow up news article seems to connect that truck to the MS case. What county is Sam Houston Forest?

http://www.easttexasnews.com/Sanjac/News/Ind/July2012/story9.html

Okay I stand corrected then but I have not found any news articles yet about Sam Houston Forest. Does anyone have a link to the real truck news article from before it was linked to MS.

This is what confused me also is that the burned truck found was on May 31 and the follow up news article seems to connect that truck to the MS case. What county is Sam Houston Forest?

http://www.easttexasnews.com/Sanjac/News/Ind/July2012/story9.html

Montgomery County, Texas

Edit from Daily Advertiser, July 5

BREAKING NEWS: Police say arrest made in Mickey Shunick case

Early Thursday, Lafayette police officer Kyle Manceaux obtained surveillance video footage from The Daily Advertiser. The footage included views of Bertrand Drive between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m. on May 19. The police department would not confirm whether the footage was related to the arrest.

Sorry folks, but I must take a break for a while. I think someone on here has a very similar name to mine - mamakat - and it's causing confusion. Also, I am getting increasingly frustrated at the tons of posts here that appear to have little to do with actually figuring out where sweet Michaela Shunick may be.

I will continue to do my own sleuthing, and if I come up with anything I feel is important, I will post it - but until then, I bid you all adieu.

:rose: Bring Mickey Home :rose:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz7RzuuYicA"]Bring Mickey Shunick Home Now (IndieGoGo Video) - YouTube[/ame]

it is no longer released. LE has released they have the footage. if you don't take LE information than most of this case you shouldn't take as fact.

No clue. I haven't seen an attempt to construct the time line that included new info

I haven't seen any new info to insert. Can you help me? I've not had a whole lot of time lately to post. Just read :)

Hate to dip my toe into this rushing muddy river...but:
didn't they say that they believe that he was driving all over this area possibly trolling for a victom? So you could ALL be correct. I know that the ultimate goal of this discussion is to figure out which direction he headed off to with Mickey so that we can find her. Let's re-center our motivation. All input is valuable. Lots if love, let's figure this out!

It was from an unverified poster who claimed to have knowledge of it, but it got deleted. Many of us saw it. She did post again, yesterday morning, I believe, that she had passed the info on to LE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member