LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Being serious - if it is not againist the law, what would cause suscpion, if you are allowed to walk about with an arsonal on you??

i would leave a Burger King, if people were standing in line for a whopper , with machine guns on the shoulder - just me!!!

Me too; but I think that's what it means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The deadly standoff was the latest blow to a city plagued by tensions in the wake of Sterling's death. His July 5 death, followed by another police-involved shooting the same week in Minnesota, touched off demonstrations nationwide that have led to arrests and roadway closures.

Quinyetta McMillon, the mother of one of Sterling's son, Cameron, condemned the shootings.

"We are disgusted by the despicable act of violence today that resulted in the shooting deaths of members of the Baton Rouge law enforcement. My family is heartbroken for the officers and their families. We are praying for them, city leadership and the Baton Rouge community," she said in a statement.

"We reject violence of any kind directed at members of law enforcement or citizens. My hope is that one day soon we can come together and find solutions to the very important issues facing our nation rather than continuing to hurt one another.""

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-rouge-officer-profiles/index.html

are they still expecting a briefing from police tonight? (wafb reporting that)

are there two locations that police are looking at - one is where the standoff is and one is being raided by the FBI? or is it the same location?

His instagram too. (Which is apparently down?) He had a lot of ideas about how other people should behave.

The alpha male vs. beta male crap makes me want to puke.
The way he spoke reminds me of Elliot Rogers, SB killer. NPD all the way. Condescending and a total worthless human being. JMO

The way he spoke reminds me of Elliot Rogers, SB killer. NPD all the way. Condescending and a total worthless human being. JMO

That video about affilations made no sense to me - anyone know what he was talking about??

On the video in the car, i stopped listening, it was like a know it all, and circular (way I type!) in nature - same kinda thing -- what the heck is he talking about !!!

are there two locations that police are looking at - one is where the standoff is and one is being raided by the FBI? or is it the same location?

I truly think , collectivly, we are all pooped. I am serious - I still have no clue what is going on and usually by this point in a story we all have cleared each other up on basics, or maybe it just me??

I think this really is going to be a huge problem. LE all over the US was looking at ways to deal with racism in the police department . Many departments admit there are issues and they were doing things such as in Dallas to improve. And they sure had!

Things have to change in a different direction now. It is not for me to say how. I think these protests and now the killings show that there needs to be dialogue engaging the POC because LE cannot go out in uniforms with no protection, I think everyone can agree that is no longer possible. Trust has to be established between LE and POC. . Working together. Communication. Making solutions together. Listening. Being heard. People's concerns , LE and POC, must be heard and acknowledged. The concerns cannot be dismissed. That causes resentment and lack of cooperation.

Like all issues, though, only a small portion of people will engage in the work. Then when a decision is made, those that did not participate will start in on how terrible the decisions are.

I agree with everything you have said here. If anyone is interested in seeing what I think is an amazing example of how to begin the process togetherness, on FB search #wichitaproud.

Elliot Rodgers was very condescending. He was a very unpleasant person to be around.

Rodgers was not vicarious like Gavin Long, Micah Johnson, Mohamed Bouhlel, Omar Mateen, Lori Drew, Ted Kaczynski, Adam Lanza, or Osama bin Laden.

That video about affilations made no sense to me - anyone know what he was talking about??

On the video in the car, i stopped listening, it was like a know it all, and circular (way I type!) in nature - same kinda thing -- what the heck is he talking about !!!

to me it sounded just like a video someone would make when they were planning to do something terrible, except usually they would be proclaiming their allegiance or affiliation to something... in this case he took great care to say he wasnt affiliated with anything... i wonder why that might be...

Not sure on the briefing.

The person who had the gun at the house is in jail, so logically that standoff ended at that point in time.

http://m.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city-man-identified-as-shooting-in-baton-rouge-killings/40753300

Definitely a search taking place at the apartment. Unclear about a search at the house.

Reporting out of KC on this has been somewhat sparse and not necessarily timely.

Perhaps since 10:00 news over there will be online updates.

Nicely stated my dear

Beleive it or not, I think the step that needs to happen is a couple of the folks invovned in any of these (pick some!) need to be charged, bought to court, and if found inncent that the way it is

I think the whole deal is the endless video, no charges, which is no emerging as the final straw jmo

I think no police department should be allowed to police itself. Officer complaints should have citizens of color on the boards to evealuate each case. That is input.

By that not happening It is also continuing the blue code, and giving the LE community no real notion that they will go to prison if this does not stop.

I thought the first couple of videos would do that. Obviouly not. It entrenched beleif systems-- your butt will be covered no matter what. THAT IMO has to be changed

Officer boards, where they are in place, are better when they relfect ALL of the citizens they serve, IMO. Not because one type of people or another make better decisions, but because a board that reflects the community it serves is the most likely to inspire* public confidence, especially in areas where there are high levels of prejudice against one group or another, whether that is a racial group or a group like LE.

I think this is a topic that belongs in threads discussing officer-involved shootings. I don't think it is germane to the discussion of this situation where officers were victims. The presence or absence of officer oversight had no ability to prevent this madman from unleashing violence on unsuspecting innocents.

*edited to correct spelling

This is the first mention I've seen of the Moorish Science Temple of America. Anyone know more about them?

Check this out! (via ABC11 Raleigh-Durham local news iOS app) 3 officers fatally shot in Baton Rouge identified http://abc11.com/news/3-officers-fatally-shot-in-baton-rouge-identified/1430382/

OK throwing this out there!! It sounds as if he flew all over the place. By that I mean someone who looks for "answers " to whatever, for a time in horricscopes. Then gets into a peroid of time where it might be astroids.

Then it might be standing upside for an hour a day. Then it might be water content in your body. You know what I am saying......................................

Its just all over the place. Reading about the book - the same thing happened that happened with the video in the car - I quit reading about the book, it sounded like an infomericial --- just buy this and everything, anything,and all things will be repaired!

to me it sounded just like a video someone would make when they were planning to do something terrible, except usually they would be proclaiming their allegiance or affiliation to something... in this case he took great care to say he wasnt affiliated with anything... i wonder why that might be...

His ego. He's the ultimate alpha male who doesn't need anyone.

Barf.

Officer boards, where they are in place, are better when they relfect ALL of the citizens they serve, IMO. Not because one type of people or another make better decisions, but because a board that reflects the community it serves is the most likely to aspire public confidence, especially in areas where there are high levels of prejudice against one group or another, whether that is a racial group or a group like LE.

I think this is a topic that belongs in threads discussing officer-involved shootings. I don't think it is germane to the discussion of this situation where officers were victims. The presence or absence of officer oversight had no ability to prevent this madman from unleashing violence on unsuspecting innocents.

Totally disagree. Earlier mods said keep it out until MSM made it clear there was a connection to officer related shootings.

It is all over MSM that he clearly declared that he had instsnse feelings about Sterling murder, and that people need to fight back.

If killing cops is not fighting back.....................its the core of the event IMO

The initiation of todays tragic events, any thread related to this , IMO , not discussing the role of unarmed AA being shot by LE in the past several weeks is not addressing what happened today, moo

""These men are husbands, fathers, sons and brothers," Sheriff Sid Gautreaux said. "We are devastated to lose one of our own, and another is now in a fight for his life. We are asking for your prayers at this time. We will get through this together as a family and as a community."

A 41-year-old Baton Rouge police officer suffered non-life threatening injuries, while two East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office Deputies, aged 41 and 51, were injured. The 41-year-old was in critical condition, and "absolutely fighting for his life," said Gov. John Bel Edwards."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/baton-rouge-police-reports-multiple-officers-shot-n611101

This is the first mention I've seen of the Moorish Science Temple of America. Anyone know more about them?

Check this out! (via ABC11 Raleigh-Durham local news iOS app) 3 officers fatally shot in Baton Rouge identified http://abc11.com/news/3-officers-fatally-shot-in-baton-rouge-identified/1430382/

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Moorish-Science-Temple-of-America

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...uthority-cites-moorish-science-temple/1266314

https://vault.fbi.gov/Moorish Science Temple of America

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back