LA LA - Carol Cole, 17, Shreveport, Dec 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am wondering about the braces this Jane Doe had.... who paid for them if she is Melinda karen Creech?

so what do we think... could this be possible match or not? Is this worth calling in?

I'm not seeing it. There's no indication that she wore braces before she ran away, and unlikely that she would get themwhile she was a runaway.

yes...... I thought that t too but I have two final question.... in united states ( Asking cause I am not from the US) in the early 1980's could there have been state funding for a 16 year old to have a retainer/ braces fitted if she was in a state funded residential facility? Secondly the hinky think about the names found on this Jane Does shoes matching up with names that appear on one of Melinda's brother facebook page. Even the unusual names?

yes...... I thought that t too but I have two final question.... in united states ( Asking cause I am not from the US) in the early 1980's could there have been state funding for a 16 year old to have a retainer/ braces fitted if she was in a state funded residential facility? Secondly the hinky think about the names found on this Jane Does shoes matching up with names that appear on one of Melinda's brother facebook page. Even the unusual names?

I am unaware of any government funding for braces in the U.S., unless the child is institutionalized.

There is a school of dentistry (or was) in Shreveport, LA at LSU-Shreveport Health Science Center. And I know from working in social services in that area that there are dentists that donate services to children/people in need.

There were a couple of youth detentions centers in the area back in the day (70's and 80's) that had staff who were charged with abusing youth (this is based on my memory, and my memory only.) and this led to prison sentences and some of the centers closing or being reorganized. What I remember, I've not been able to find anything on the internet to verify. I do have distinct memories of the scandal.

Could Melinda have been a runaway, who ended up in a Louisiana youth center, got some donated dental services, and then perhaps something horrible happened . . .

I decided that the best way to resolve this is to pose the question directly to Michael Brisco. I sent him a Facebook private message explaining why I was contacting him and asked him if he knew Melinda Creech.

Hopefully he will respond and end the speculation one way or the other.

hmmmmmm I wonder if he is one of those types that never respond to questions from strangers or doesnt know her, or doesnt want to talk about her if he did know her. Still it was worth a try.

hmmmmmm I wonder if he is one of those types that never respond to questions from strangers or doesnt know her, or doesnt want to talk about her if he did know her. Still it was worth a try.

I probably wouldn't read too much into his non-response. I've sent out quite a few FB private messages to strangers requesting information on possible matches on various UID cases. The response rate on these types of inquiries is quite low.

I sent out 32 FB PM's asking about a girl who I am certain is a match to one of the girls in the Alcala photo collection. Of those 32 messages to her classmates, only six responded, and none of them remembered the girl that I was asking about.

Kristi Gwen O'Pry was last seen by family members in Shreveport, Louisiana on Friday July 19, 1996. She needed a ride to run some errands and because she did not own a car she asked her boyfriend's friend Eric to give her a ride.

She was 26 when she went missing...so she's a little older than what they estimate, but she fits other ways - has great teeth (obviously wore braces), is blonde, etc...a great fit location-wise. I have no idea if they've cross checked the UID against this person, but it bears looking at. What do you guys think?

http://www.gokartsupply.com/kristi.htm

Eric Mickelson, the boyfriend's friend who was supposed to give her a ride to the mall, was arrested with his girlfriend for the murder of an 86-year-old man, and while in custody in 2007 confessed to the murder of Kristi O'Pry.

He dumped her body in a pond on his property, then later moved her remains to another site a (dumpster). Police found evidence of some sort in the pond that corroborates his story.

vermont, are you suggesting that Mickelson might be a person of interest here? I saw your link and it says he is 38 y.o., which would make his year of birth about 1974. the UID in this thread was found in 1981. so Mickelson would have been 7 y.o. at the oldest when this UID was found dead. I don't think he had anything to do with this case.

Eric Mickelson, the boyfriend's friend who was supposed to give her a ride to the mall, was arrested with his girlfriend for the murder of an 86-year-old man, and while in custody in 2007 confessed to the murder of Kristi O'Pry.

He dumped her body in a pond on his property, then later moved her remains to another site a (dumpster). Police found evidence of some sort in the pond that corroborates his story.

There was a mixup earlier with this UID's information and it was mistakenly thought she was found in 2006, causing somebody to suggest O'Pry as a possible match. But the mistake was straightened out -- the UID was found in 1981 and probably died November 1980 -- so O'Pry isn't possible.

Medicaid covers braces in some, if not all, states for those under 21 who are eligible for and enrolled in Medicaid.

Example verbiage from Virginia Medicaid handbook:

Dental Care Services – Individuals under age 21 are eligible for comprehensive services including diagnostic, preventative, restorative/surgical procedures and orthodontics. Dentures, braces, and permanent crowns are covered for those under 21 when prescribed by a dentist and pre-authorized by DMAS. Adult coverage is limited to medically necessary oral surgery and associated diagnostic services.

http://www.dmas.virginia.gov/Content_atchs/atchs/medbook-eng.pdf

Foster children are usually eligible for Medicaid because they are considered to be their own household and usually have little to no countable income.

I came across this on my Facebook Feed. The first pic is the flyer with er pic and details on it. Then it looks like there are 2 pics that have not been posted here that are possibly real pics of the victim or a loved one?? (maybe the victim had them with her when she was found??? )
missing 3.jpg missing 2 (2).jpgmissing 2 (1).jpg

The above pics and the below comment were posted by Frances Chesson Aucoin on her Facebook page:

"I need everyone's help in posting theses pictures. This person was found in 1981 by myself and Brother. I'm working with the Bossier city sheriff's office in trying to figure out who she maybe. They have no name for her. Approximately 15-20 in age 5'6, 125-135 pounds, and dirty blond hair. Their not even sure where she may be from. I was asked to share this with everyone. If any info #81-018329 phone # 318-965-2203"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back