State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Homicide by stabbing

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 15-20 years old
Race: White, possibly Native.
Height: 5'5" to 5'6"
Weight: 125-140 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde, straight and shoulder-length.
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Medium build.

Dentals: Available. At one time she had braces on teeth, but not when found. It appears that she may have removed them herself.
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue jeans, white long sleeved shirt with small stripes of pink/blue/yellow, beige hooded long-sleeved button-up sweater, white Evonne Goolagong deck shoes made by Sears with the names "Michael Brisco, David; Resha and D. Davies" written on the sides, white athletic socks with blue and yellow stripes, white Men's briefs, a white bra, and a leather belt with a large silver "Buffalo Nickel" belt buckle.

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

The victim was located at an old logging road off of Louisiana Highway 157 in northeast Bossier Parish. She had been stabbed in the chest several times. A kitchen knife, believed to be the murder weapon, was found plunged into the ground near her body.

These photos older reconstructions (probably pics that ran in the newspaper) were included with the above info.recon1.jpgrecon 2.jpg

Then there is a pic of the "buffalo nickel belt buckle" missing pants.jpg

Forgive me for my serial posting. I come across a case, get immersed in it and spend hours researching and pulling stuff together and posting

And then there is this recent article:http://bossierpress.com/bossier-parishs-unsolved-mystery/
which has this pic: View attachment 63045

Good article at the link. He did research on the names found on the shoes and ponders possibilities.

"While the confession of Henry Lee Lucas made the Bossier Sheriff’s department sure they had solved the case. His recantation of his confession and statement that he made the confession because they wouldn’t let him have the attorney wanted clouded the issue. Henry Lee Lucase biographers notate he was in Jacksonville, FL 1979-1981 working for a roofing company.

Was she the victim of Robert Charles Browne, a serial killer born, raised and operating out of Coushatta at that time? A look at his long list of victims shows a remarkable physical similarity with our Jane Doe. Was she a relative of one of the Coushatta Indians or the Spanish-Mexican-Americans who settled in the Coushatta area? .......A television show implied one of Browne’s neighbors disappeared about this time. But … no more information available to this researcher."

"There is a Davies girl who disappeared from New Zealand in April 1980. She even had braces on her teeth. But what’s a Pacific Island girl doing in Louisiana? Kinda doubtful."

Also from the article:http://bossierpress.com/bossier-parishs-unsolved-mystery/

"I met with Bossier deputies a few years ago and showed them my suspicions. They have rightfully kept their investigation close to their chest and in their defense, it is considered solved. ( Note by swampmama: Does "solved" mean they believe Henry Lee Lucas killed her? But who IS she? THAT needs to be solved)

The only clues we can possibly find to her identity will be solved thru forensics. Ancestral DNA could show her true racial background.............. Unfortunately my calls to the Bossier Coroner were not returned. After all, my opinion really doesn’t matter. I’m not a professional investigator who warrants this information. I just had a friend who asked me to look into this case and it still bugs me.

It bugs me too. Why not let people try to find out who this girl is??

That ^^ picture of the blond girl looks a lot like Arrilla Naomi Webb-Vaul missing from the same place as this girl was found????? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/webb-vaul_arrilla.html
webb-vaul_arrilla.jpg
attachment.php

I wonder what the big holdup is. It doesn't seem there is much interest or a motivation to put a name to this girl and that is sad.

I am trying to contact the woman who put these pics on FB. She had posted them saying "I need everyone's help in posting theses pictures. This person was found in 1981 bye myself and Brother. Im working with the Bossier city sheriff's office in trying to figure out who she maybe. They have no name for her. Approximately 15-20 in age 5'6, 125-135 pounds, and dirty blond hair. Their not even sure where she may be from. I was asked to share this with everyone. If any info #81-018329 phone # 318-965-2203".

I sent her a FB request and am hoping for a response from her. I will also direct her to this thread since she is reaching out and looking for anyone who can help her with this case.

I am compiling a list to ask 2 contacts from Bossier (the lady who posted the pics and also the man who wrote the article that I linked above). The man is the the Bossier Parish historian (Louisiana has parishes, not counties). Here are some things i want to know. Please add any questions that you may have.

1) Were the pictures found with the body?
2) Why would LE consider this cases "solved" if we do not know who this young lady is? (And do they feel Henry Lee Lucas did this?)
3) Which names have been definitely ruled out by DNA testing?

4) what was it about the body that made them say "possible Native American", was it her facial bone structure?
5) Is DNA available from her to match with missing people's name who are submitted as potential matches?
6) Has DNA been run to see what her genetic makeup reveals about her heritage?
7) Was her hair dyed blonde or was it naturally dirty blonde. Was it possible darker and just bleached by the sun exposure?
8) Was a cause of death able to be determined from the autopsy?
9) Has it been determined how long the body was possibly laying there after death?

Bossier Doe now has a Facebook page. More info. I would love to get this discussion started again. I'm new at this. The Facebook page has a picture (rendered by artist from remains). Shows her clothes and names written on her shoes. D. Davies, Dena, Resha, David, Michael Brisco were those names. She also had glue from braces still on her teeth like she may have removed them herself. It broke my heart seeing the Facebook page knowing no one has claimed her.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/02/detectives_turn_to_new_bethany.html

Bossier Parish law enforcement officials are investigating a potential link between the woman they now call "Bossier Doe" and a notorious girls home 40 miles away.

Lt. Shannon Mack, lead detective in Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office cold case No. 81-018329, said she first learned of New Bethany Home for Girls in Arcadia after creating a public Facebook profile for Bossier Doe on Friday (Feb. 6) in an attempt to generate more leads. She has since reached out to former New Bethany residents for help...

Simone Jones, 47, a former resident who herself scaled the fences and ran to law enforcement seeking an escape, said that when Mack reached out to her about the 1981 case Sunday, her mind started spinning.

Bossier Doe FB page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009104974055

Four-part feature — "You are not alone: Speaking with the survivors of New Bethany"

http://www.nola.com/news/special_projects/new_bethany/video.html

She's on Namus now: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13283 Very little information except a short exclusions list:

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Mary Opitz 1963 Florida
Alice Reeves 1947 Louisiana
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas

Wow, first Grateful Doe and now Bossier Doe. Guess we are finally seeing the power of social media.

Victim in Louisiana cold case homicide may be missing Kalamazoo woman; Family waiting on DNA test results
17059019-mmmain.jpg

KALAMAZOO, MI -- Jeanie Phelps has been searching for her missing sister for more than 30 years. It's been a long journey trying to find out what happened to Carol Ann Cole, who was reported missing around 1980 after she moved from Kalamazoo to Texas. But Phelps, of Kalamazoo, says her family hopes that they might have finally found closure after investigators in Louisiana contacted them regarding a homicide cold case from 1981. Bossier Parish (La.) Sheriff's Office detectives created a Facebook page this month to try to produce new leads in a fatal stabbing case.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/02/victim_in_louisiana_cold_case.html

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/02/a_familys_three-decade_search.html

Linda Phelps got goosebumps when she saw the composite drawing of the unidentified homicide victim from north Louisiana. In 34 years of wondering what became of her older sister, Phelps said she had never before felt so close to finding out. "I'm thinking it'll be a bittersweet feeling if this is Carol Ann," Phelps said Wednesday by phone from her home in Kalamazoo...

Sue Cole, now 70 and living in Kalamazoo, said her daughter immediately began having difficulties in Texas. She removed the braces from her teeth. She started running away. Cole said she sought counseling to try to help her daughter. But she eventually brought Carol Ann to a residential girls' home in Texas, hoping it would help straighten her out...

Within a couple of months, Cole said, she got a report that Carol Ann had run away from the home. It could have been around the girl's 17th birthday on Nov. 5, 1980, Cole said. Carol Ann somehow made it to Shreveport, about six and a half hours away from San Antonio, her family said. She kept in touch through occasional calls and letters. "All of a sudden the calls stopped just before Christmas," Cole said.

I live in Shreveport LA and have been following this question. They stated when Bossier Doe was found they contacted a family member of the Cole family in TX at the time to come and identify the body. She stated she couldn't as she did not have a car at the time.
Why did the family not followed up on this? I mean the family could have moved anywhere, but the deceased body remained in the same location under the same law jurisdiction. This seems to strange to me. Any one else have any thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back