LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So happy to find out Sanchez doesn't have cancer.

I don't believe the ex- husband claiming he didn't know Eugenie was dead until recently. Hmmm and hiring criminal defense lawyers. I'm suspicious.

I think on the killing field's facebook page, in one comment somewhere (or somewhere on the internet) the ex-husband's cousin posted. I can't find it and have been looking. She may have deleted the post.

I'm changing my mind on the ex... You don't show up with 3 criminal defense attys when getting your DNA is a logical step to rule you out. I'm not a fan of dna swabbing willy nilly but he is a person who should provide a sample to rule himself out.

At first I was thinking that maybe they had sex consentually and then happened to be killed. I think he knows his DNA is going to be a match so that is why he is freaking out. I'm not convinced he's not involved now.

I can barely stand being without my keyboard between when the batteries go dead and I am able to get new ones out of the refrigerator. I can think of few things worse.

Personally I just don't see the bar owner as being suspicious, especially after all the research and reading I did regarding who he is/was. His main source of income and interest has not ever been the bar, it was the Bayou Tours. He ran both with a partner. And, I have seen nothing to indicate that he had anything against women, or that he would be inclined to attack them.

Anyhow, looking forward to tonight, and its good to hear there are another 6 episodes coming. It really is a great series.

I didn't realize the guy that owns the bar also does the tours. Now it makes sense lol I still would like to see them take a DNA sample from him.

It's been horrible. My blackberry died a month ago, then the one they sent me also died 2 days ago, new one should get here today. I'm waiting on a new keyboard for my Mac but I don't know if that will even fix the issue because it started typing the wrong letters after a flash update a week ago. B is C, C is D while others make no sense. Right now I'm on another computer that I don't use because my grandson (2 1/2) likes to turn it on & off. It really stinks because my first double match Mendocino CA Jane Doe's was announced yesterday.

I think on the killing field's facebook page, in one comment somewhere (or somewhere on the internet) the ex-husband's cousin posted. I can't find it and have been looking. She may have deleted the post.

I'm changing my mind on the ex... You don't show up with 3 criminal defense attys when getting your DNA is a logical step to rule you out. I'm not a fan of dna swabbing willy nilly but he is a person who should provide a sample to rule himself out.

At first I was thinking that maybe they had sex consentually and then happened to be killed. I think he knows his DNA is going to be a match so that is why he is freaking out. I'm not convinced he's not involved now.

I think so too. I'm not sure if he was involved, I do feel they had sex the night before. He knows that he won't be able to prove they had consensual sex though.

So happy to find out Sanchez doesn't have cancer.

I don't believe the ex- husband claiming he didn't know Eugenie was dead until recently. Hmmm and hiring criminal defense lawyers. I'm suspicious.

I'm very happy for him too!

Anyone else attempt to find the name of the victim's ex-husband online? His name doesn't turn up in any Google search. Case has recent media attention and his name isnt mentioned in any article? That is quite the feat!

I believe they said his name last night on the show but I didn't write it down or google.

Agreed. The ex can obviously be linked to the victim around or at the time of her death.

It sounds as if the victim and the ex spent time together, at some point had sex, consensual or non consensual, and at some point may have argued.
In that same time period, it also sounds as if, the victim came into contact with Robert Dean. Did she approach him and say "I've been arguing with my husband and want to have sex"? Or did the victim simply mention negative feelings toward her ex and then Robert Dean made up the story from there?
1)Did Robert murder her after having sex with her on a dirt road? 2)Or could the ex have been in the area, followed Dean and the victim, witnessed them having sex, and then later murdered the victim enraged over what he witnessed?
Apparently Dean liked to brag about his conquests. Was he stupid enough to brag about a conquest that ended in murder? My guess is that the second scenario is more likely.

If the ex didn't kill her, I wonder what crime he has committed that he's so opposed to having his DNA tested and matched to.....something/someone.....

I love this show! I DVR it so hubby and I can watch together over the weekend. I really hope they can bring justice to Eugenie.

But, can I just say - Aubry makes me swoon.

If the ex didn't kill her, I wonder what crime he has committed that he's so opposed to having his DNA tested and matched to.....something/someone.....

Add to that, he won't even come in to the station to talk to them; it's always on the phone with his attorney!

And now he has 3 attorneys filing into the questioning room with him per the commercial for the next episode. Sad to think that there were a number of people that may have harmed someone.

I was able to catch up on two of the episodes being rerun yesterday morning. Yes, Vedder, Aubrey is easy on the eyes! And I am hooked, too. Very good presentation, the way they let the story tell itself.

It's been horrible. My blackberry died a month ago, then the one they sent me also died 2 days ago, new one should get here today. I'm waiting on a new keyboard for my Mac but I don't know if that will even fix the issue because it started typing the wrong letters after a flash update a week ago. B is C, C is D while others make no sense. Right now I'm on another computer that I don't use because my grandson (2 1/2) likes to turn it on & off. It really stinks because my first double match Mendocino CA Jane Doe's was announced yesterday.

SUPER CONGRATS Roselvr on the match!

My husband and I just watched Tuesday's episode. I am DYING in anticipation to see next week's episode and beyond thrilled at the link that was posted here saying there are going to be six additional episodes.

The ex-husband - he has to be a criminal. I feel so bad for saying that but I'm not using a name and have reasonable suspicions:

- He dodged the police calling him for quite a while. The police were calling him about something really reasonable, his ex-wife's death.

- When his failure to return phone calls was no longer holding off the police, he consulted an attorney (who may or may not already have been engaged for some other reason).

- The attorney tried to put the police off. When it didn't work...

- he only spoke to the police on speakerphone with his attorney present...

- he was very vague and not at all forthcoming and in fact...

- LIED about his knowledge of Eugenie's death. Rodie spoke to him years ago so we know he was informed officially of the death and even if I believed Rodie was lying/mis-remembering the phone call, which I do not, I don't believe so much time has passed by and he was never informed by someone else.

- He has refused to provide a DNA sample for exclusion purposes. Is this because he feels if he voluntarily provides one, it might be added to a database, and could link him to other crimes?

- After one phone with police, he engaged a criminal attorney. He now has at least two attorneys.

- One of his attorneys stated he had already spent $15,000 on lawyer fees, and all that's happened is he had one phone call with the police. Side note: if I engaged an attorney who said that to a police officer regarding me, I would fire the attorney immediately.

- (From the previews) it appears he finally appears in person to speak to the police, with three freaking lawyers! What?

Now I'm all for protecting your (or my) rights. But this is beyond.

I get the feeling he doesn't live in Louisiana anymore.

Also, I recall one of Eugenie's friends on the show saying that the ex didn't seem very social and only concerned about getting his MBA.

Found this reference to a MGS being awarded an MBA in 1994:

LOYOLA UNIVERSITY HOLDS GRADUATION CEREMONIES
16 May 1994
Times-Picayune

Loyola University awarded 645 degrees Sunday during its 83rd annual commencement ceremony at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.

...*** College of Business Administration ***

...Master of business administration
...Michael Gerard Schmidt ....

I saw an ad late last night on TeeVee for a "special presentation" Killing Fields on this coming Monday night. I have no clue as to what it could be.

Found this recent article:

http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2016/02/discovery_renews_louisiana-sho.html

Fans of Discovery's Louisiana-shot "Killing Fields" can look forward to more of the true-crime drama series. The cable channel announced Tuesday (Feb. 2) that it has ordered a second season of the series, which will include a minimum of six new episodes.

"This is not your typical true-crime series," Rich Ross, group president of Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and Science Channel, was quoted as saying in a news release. "It is uniquely Discovery by allowing viewers to experience what it's like to track an active and real criminal investigation."

That investigation in the six-episode Season 1 has focused on the 1997 Iberville Parish death of LSU grad student Eugenie Boisfontaine, whose case was reopened for Discovery's cameras by retired detective Rodie Sanchez and "young hot-shot detective" Aubrey St. Angelo. The Season 1 finale is scheduled to air Tuesday (Feb. 9).

Yet to be announced is when Season 2 will arrive. Also unclear is whether it will continue Sanchez and St. Angelo's Season 1 investigation -- which is being shot in real time, meaning its very likely to end without a solution -- or if it will move on to another case.

I saw an ad late last night on TeeVee for a "special presentation" Killing Fields on this coming Monday night. I have no clue as to what it could be.

It's just a repeat of episode 4 that was in this week. ID has been doing this for every episode.

So they don't solve this one? Darn….

I have not seen the last episode but wonder if they addressed the fliers being removed because I feel like we were left hanging. I really can't believe they didn't put trail cams up.

Found this recent article:

http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2016/02/discovery_renews_louisiana-sho.html

Fans of Discovery's Louisiana-shot "Killing Fields" can look forward to more of the true-crime drama series. The cable channel announced Tuesday (Feb. 2) that it has ordered a second season of the series, which will include a minimum of six new episodes.

"This is not your typical true-crime series," Rich Ross, group president of Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and Science Channel, was quoted as saying in a news release. "It is uniquely Discovery by allowing viewers to experience what it's like to track an active and real criminal investigation."

That investigation in the six-episode Season 1 has focused on the 1997 Iberville Parish death of LSU grad student Eugenie Boisfontaine, whose case was reopened for Discovery's cameras by retired detective Rodie Sanchez and "young hot-shot detective" Aubrey St. Angelo. The Season 1 finale is scheduled to air Tuesday (Feb. 9).

Yet to be announced is when Season 2 will arrive. Also unclear is whether it will continue Sanchez and St. Angelo's Season 1 investigation -- which is being shot in real time, meaning its very likely to end without a solution -- or if it will move on to another case.

You noted that in the beginning of the show (quote below) that they show different states. I wonder if they plan to feature other cases too as I don't recall seeing an article mentioning it. I really hope that they rush to give us more episodes for Eugenie because if they do not, they may lose a lot of viewers because of it.

I watch a bunch of shows on Discovery, had seen the commercials, I did not plan to watch it until right before the 1st episode, mostly to get a feel for swamp areas due to my friends sister. Now that I am invested in Eugenie's murder, I will be very unhappy if they leave us hanging. I do not watch any shows like this as when I relax I want to unwind from my day of cases that I follow. My mind goes a mile a minute, I have to totally unwind to sleep.

I think most of what we are seeing now took place between 16 and 21 weeks ago. I saw a local article from last October about the show and it seemed that at least some of the action had already taken place at that time. The case was reopened in August of last year. Also, those time statements appear on the screen.

In some ways, its like how The Jinx was done except in a much more condensed time frame. Its not unlike how some of the reality shows (like the Kardashians) are filmed. Barry Levinson is a co-executive producer and I like much of his work. This series is no exception.

Anyhow, this first case is only six episodes long, so its already half over which left me crushed when I first learned that. But, I am guessing from the graphics in the introduction that they already have other cases lined up for the future. Its the part where the graphics show imagery about 'killing fields' in other states and show some 'numbers'.

I could see this series following several different 'colder' cases and showing parts of different ones each week, depending what is going on in each individual case. Otherwise, they will either have to drop cases off the show or almost force things to happen. Then, for me, the show would lose the beauty of each victim's story unfolding and telling itself in real world time, like the LEO who work the cases. They can only do it in real time; I would prefer to see it continue that way.

I'm reading "Trail of bones" by Mary Manhein (she was on i think episode 2, forensic anthropologist), and I think this timeline explains why it was probably assumed Eugenie was the victim of one of the two serial killers the Baton Rouge are had around that time:

1982, Eleanor Parker, LSU student disappeared. Never found.

1985, Melissa Montz, LSU Ph.D. Student disappeared, bones found 7 weeks later. Killer never found. (2015 police take a fresh look: http://theadvocate.com/news/police/13273044-123/baton-rouge-homicide-detectives-take

1986-1992, fairly quiet

1992, Connie Warner, 41, disappeared from Zachary, La (baton rouge area). Bones found 3 weeks later. Killer never found.

1997, Eugenie Boisfontaine.

1998, Randi Mebruer. Never found. (DNA link to DTL)

1999, Hardee Moseley Schmidt disappeared. Body found 2 days later. Killer never found.

January 2000: bodies of Lillian Robinson, 52 and Robin Gremillion, 28, found in different areas. Killer never found.

February 2000, bones of Joycelyn Williams found. She had been missing since 1999. Killer never found.

November 2000, Marilyn Nevils's body found. Killer never found.

May 2002, Christine Moore, LSU grad student bones found. Killer never found.

2002, Mary Ann Fowler disappeared in Port Allen. Never found.

2001: Gina Wilson Greene, DTL victim.

*killer not found as of book publishing date, 2005. You would have to look them up to see current status.

Manhein says during 1994-2004 as many as ten or more other dead women did not come through her lab.

2002 Pam Kinamore, DTL victim. 2003 Carrie Yoder, DTL victim both found at Whiskey Bay. 2002 Charlotte Murray Pace, DTL victim.

2004 Donna Bennet Johnston and Johnnie Mae Williams.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back