GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the dismemberment could have been done in the bathtub rather quietly and without attracting the attention of neighbors. It's possible. But regardless, one would have to be extremely diligent not to leave behind some evidence. It doesn't require weeks of testing to reveal traces of blood. Products like Luminol will reveal blood residue on the spot. Swabs from drains can be tested rather quickly for blood and tissue. If samples were taken and the results were positive, the forensics guys would have returned to remove plumbing from the bathroom, and we would've heard about it. IMO. Additionally, from what's been said, I don't think the couple spent much time at the Kenner home after the murder, if any at all. (We know they dyed their hair at a friend's house.) A week later the bathroom would appear to have been recently scrubbed. I doubt TS and MAS were into housekeeping chores. A month's worth of built up grime would be a big clue that the tub had not been used to dismember a body. Something else to keep in mind, LE suspects JL was stabbed in the chest with a hunting knife. I don't want to be graphic, but that would have created a mess which wouldn't have been so easy to scrub away. But let's say TS and MAS were able to do a thorough cleaning -- which is hard for me to envision -- again, it would have been obvious to LE right away, and IMO they would have spent more time going over the house. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling LE detected pretty quickly that it wasn't the scene of the crime.

I agree that the dismemberment could have been done in the bathtub rather quietly and without attracting the attention of neighbors. It's possible. But regardless, one would have to be extremely diligent not to leave behind some evidence. It doesn't require weeks of testing to reveal traces of blood. Products like Luminol will reveal blood residue on the spot. Swabs from drains can be tested rather quickly for blood and tissue. If samples were taken and the results were positive, the forensics guys would have returned to remove plumbing from the bathroom, and we would've heard about it. IMO. Additionally, from what's been said, I don't think the couple spent much time at the Kenner home after the murder, if any at all. (We know they dyed their hair at a friend's house.) A week later the bathroom would appear to have been recently scrubbed. I doubt TS and MAS were into housekeeping chores. A month's worth of built up grime would be a big clue that the tub had not been used to dismember a body. Something else to keep in mind, LE suspects JL was stabbed in the chest with a hunting knife. I don't want to be graphic, but that would have created a mess which wouldn't have been so easy to scrub away. But let's say TS and MAS were able to do a thorough cleaning -- which is hard for me to envision -- again, it would have been obvious to LE right away, and IMO they would have spent more time going over the house. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling LE detected pretty quickly that it wasn't the scene of the crime.

When I passed by the Kenner house when the LE search was going on I spotted a plumbing van there and thought that it might indicate that LE was indeed pulling drain traps and such. However, it seems the plumbing van apparently belongs to a neighbor and is always parked there.

I feel that the Kenner house was not the murder or dismemberment scene. I still keep thinking there must be a camp somewhere that they were able to go to. Many camps have an outdoor kitchen/fish cleaning area. Even at our house we have a "skinning shed" complete with a large counter and sink and area that is specifically for MR. Swamp to clean his fish, alligators, deer and whatever else critters he catches. The concrete slopes so that everything easily washes away with the hose.

I had considered the possibility that they had gone to a motel but they are both so recognizable that surely someone would have noticed them and called. But then again, some of the seedier places don't ask for credit cards, licenses and don;t much care what you do there. TS could have disguised himself enough to rent a room from such a place.

Or maybe they knew of a secluded place on the water where they would be out of sight and actually did the cutting up in the water where it would easily wash away, and the pieces could be tossed in the water.

Oh how I wish Jaren was able to bite one of them (as her brother said she might do in a fight) and left a long lasting mark.

I have only watched about 15 minutes of the "Final Witness" but MAS strikes me as a liar. I doubt seriously that she and Addie were everything to each other that friends could be. MAS wanted to be in the limelight so she embellished her story because just saying " we worked together" wasn't going to be enough to get her on TV.

And Geez! Does MAS try to look unattractive as possible? She looked awful.Seriously, if I looked like that I would not be seeking the limelight! She is truly an unfortunate looking creature and really she looks like one of those faces of meth posters. I saw a picture (on the sugar daddy site??) where she looked normal, not gorgeous but at least normal, young and healthy. Every other picture of her shows her with the style of someone in deep decline to the ravages of drug abuse.

Respectfully snipped from: SmoothOperator;8132383]"I've thus far only gotten about 10+mins into the Final Witness episode but got far enough that I've seen several of the segments with Margaret.. and I come away feeling even stronger than I did when i initially brought up my feeling that Margaret had rewritten history regarding her close personal ties to Addie and Zack.. i believe she was nothing but a work related acquaintance and DEFINITELY IS NOT THE BS SHE IS CLAIMING(and I quote her, “everything a woman can be for another woman, that's what Addie was for me.")..I literally yelled at the screen of my tablet, "BULL*****"..."

I'm going to have to watch Final Witness. Haven't had the chance yet. But I will say since MAS's name first appeared in the comments section about AH's murder and from her own MYSPACE blog(which was posted in an earlier WS thread), my first reaction has always been the same as your's. I call bs! I definitely think she had a grandiose fantasy of what their friendship was. But I also have a strong feeling she was influenced by AH's lifestyle and character. It would be interesting to know how she was before she met AH. Did she become a performing artist and try to be the "new" girl in the Quarter after Addie's death? Almost as if to try and gain the notoriety of AH's "Quarter Rat" status and failed miserably? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Above BBM.. while I know that to some it may certainly appear as tho it'd be completely impossible for someone to actually dismember a body in a residential home within an actual neighborhood where each home is only mere feet from each other.. but I must state that its not only possible, but that its been done numerous of times in very close range of neighbors homes as well as apartments..

For example Matthew Hoffman who abducted Sarah Maynard for sexual purposes.. he killed all 3 of the other people that were in the home.. 2 adult women as well as Sarah's brother Cody, not to mention even their family dog, Tanner.. Hoffman thoroughly dismembered all of them prior to leaving the family home with an alive Sarah..

Their home not only located in a residential neighborhood and no one was any the wiser it happened.. along with atleast one person having come by the residence during the time he was dismembering the victims.. zero clue what was taking place inside the home.. even more telling is the fact that Sarah, who was tied up and restrained in the family home while Hoffman killed and dismembered all the others.. even Sarah who was somewhere in the actual home had ZERO AWARENESS THAT HER FAMILY HAD BEEN STABBED TO DEATH AND ALL OF THEM DISMEMBERED.. THE ONLY THING SHE SAYS THAT SHE HEARD REPEATEDLY WAS THE BATHROOM TUB BEING FILLED WITH WATER AND THEN THE WATER LET OUT ONLY TO BE REFILLED AGAIN..over and over for hours this repeated..

SHE WAS PRESENT AND FULLY CONSCIOUS FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE MULTIPLE HOURS THAT IT TOOK HOFFMAN TO COMPLETELY DISMEMBER THE FAMILY.. SARAH WAS TOTALLY UNAWARE THAT WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN THAT BATHROOM WAS DISMEMBERMENT.

so, my point is simply that I know that many are under the impression that in order to dismember a human body that there must be very specific tools...some believing it could only be done with tools such as power tools.. thereby making it impossible for someone to dismember a body in such close proximity to neighbors..

This is not accurate in that there are definitely various ways of being able to dismember a body without use of even a single power tool.. Luka Magnotta also proves this point in his dismembering former lover Jun Lin..

IMO it is definitely a huge possibility that Jaren was at the very least dismembered in the bathroom of the Kenner home.. we don't have anything indicating either way that she was or was not due to the fact we haven't a clue of what evidence was collected from the Kenner home..such as bathroom tub traps, as well as thorough swabbing of every nook and cranny of the bathrooms and other rooms in search for any trace DNA that was left behind in the thorough clean up.. those tests that are currently underway at the FBI hold all the answers needed to know if it was in fact the Kenner home where this was done.. for now its just a waiting game for the slow process of the forensic testing to be completed.

Moo is that LE have so very much more than we have any inkling about.. with the latest articles having the detective IMO extremely confident that not only they've got the right people in custody.. but even more important he's confident that the final evidence will prove more than sufficient to charge the two with the murder of Jaren.. i think as hard as it is we must be patient for just a short time more.. IMO justice is coming for Jaren.. of that i have zero doubt...
Jmo.

BBM

I agree 100%! Great post by the way!

What’s bothering me is the timeline. JL was reported last seen at 2:05am in the morning of Wednesday, June 06 with MAS and TS. It would take approximately 20-25 minutes to drive from the French Quarter to Kenner at that time in the morning. TS & MAS would have to work very quickly inside their home in order to bring the body outside to their vehicle. Why? MAS’s house is within close proximity to the New Orleans Airport.

I would guess that there are probably a high percentage of airport employees living on her street and in her neighborhood, that usually wake up early in the morning. The airport employees would have to show up very early for work and I’m sure that they would have probably noticed something unusual.

Also,don’t forget their cleaning up time too.

I found the weather forecast for the time JL went missing:

Weather forecast for New Orleans: Updated: Tuesday, June 05, 2012, 6:02 AM

Today: Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Highs in the upper 80s.

West winds 5 to 15 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Lows in the upper 70s.

Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

I find this very interesting. That would explain the West to East movement of the water currents from Louisiana to Bay St Louis.

Today: Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Highs in the upper 80s.

West winds 5 to 15 mph.

Lows in the upper 70s.

I find this very interesting. That would explain the West to East movement of the water currents from Louisiana to Bay St Louis.

I was in Biloxi, Mississippi during that time. It was horribly stormy - thunder and lightening, and SO WINDY! So much so that you could not even see the beach from our hotel window at times. The storms were off and on, but intense!

Highs in the upper 80s.

West winds 5 to 15 mph.

Lows in the upper 70s.

Can you please post the weather for the 6th as well? Or maybe just the link?

What’s bothering me is the timeline. JL was reported last seen at 2:05am in the morning of Wednesday, June 06 with MAS and TS. It would take approximately 20-25 minutes to drive from the French Quarter to Kenner at that time in the morning. TS & MAS would have to work very quickly inside their home in order to bring the body outside to their vehicle. Why? MAS’s house is within close proximity to the New Orleans Airport.

I would guess that there are probably a high percentage of airport employees living on her street and in her neighborhood, that usually wake up early in the morning. The airport employees would have to show up very early for work and I’m sure that they would have probably noticed something unusual.

Also,don’t forget their cleaning up time too.
I just can't make myself believe it happened in a residential neighborhood. It's not so much the timeline for me but rather the ruckus that would have taken place when JL realized she had been tricked into believing she would be making an extra $700. JL was a fighter! She worked for her family and little girl and I feel this would have made her real upset and would want to leave. I feel JL would only be silenced if TS/MAS had bounded and gagged her, choked her or caught her off guard somehow.

The main streets by the airport and house in Kenner are heavily traveled even during the wee hours of the morning. I work in the area and I am definitely not the only one at the traffic light between 4-5 am.

I was in Biloxi, Mississippi during that time. It was horribly stormy - thunder and lightening, and SO WINDY! So much so that you could not even see the beach from our hotel window at times. The storms were off and on, but intense!
You are absolutely correct about the weather during that time. I too was on the coast and there was more than normal water being pushed onto the beach with the high winds. Not sure if it was high tide but it was still more than I have seen when it is high tide. I even remember commenting to my husband about how far the driftwood line was pushed towards the HWY 90.

I just can't make myself believe it happened in a residential neighborhood. It's not so much the timeline for me but rather the ruckus that would have taken place when JL realized she had been tricked into believing she would be making an extra $700. JL was a fighter! She worked for her family and little girl and I feel this would have made her real upset and would want to leave. I feel JL would only be silenced if TS/MAS had bounded and gagged her, choked her or caught her off guard somehow.

The main streets by the airport and house in Kenner are heavily traveled even during the wee hours of the morning. I work in the area and I am definitely not the only one at the traffic light between 4-5 am.

She was stabbed in the chest. She would have died almost instantly. I can't see there being a whole lot of ruckus if it was done quickly and out of the blue. If it was a stab to the back of the chest she wouldn't have seen it coming.
JMO

I don't disagree with this but the official cause of death has not been reported to my knowledge. The chest wound could very well have been the final blow when another attempt such as choking her failed. Maybe TS/MAS underestimated JLs power for her size and while one was choking her the other could have stabbed her. I feel they could not cleaned up enough to fool the trained eye of LE. I could be way off in thinking it occured in a more secluded location.

So if the trio left the club at 2:00 AM, got to Kenner at 2:30, tried to initiate sex or fool JL into thinking that something was going to happen for which she would be paid $700...they only had 3 or less hours of darkness to do all that, and on top of all that, dismember and dispose of the body under cover of darkness. Seems like they had to have driven somewhere close to the Rigolets right away to do all of the deeds or risk having to throw the body in the water in front of fishermen venturing out for the day...I don't know how much of what I said even made sense.
I'm wondering if they killed her in the early morning of the 6th, dismembered her all day, and then drove to the gulf on the night of the 6th so her body would wash up on the morning of the 7th?

Well it has been quiet with no new news of the case so it has quieted down here a bit and also we had the 4th of July and MANY of us had power outages ( me included). But just as there was a time in Mickey Shunick's case where there was no new news, there was indeed a lot going on with LE.

I think LE is quite busy reconstructing where and what MAS and TS were up to in the past few years. TS seems to have gotten around quite a bit and I am sure this isn't his only crime since his last conviction.

I am so freakin sick of known sex offenders being on the loose and free to commit crimes again. They aren't rehabilitated and they dont get better, they just get better at hiding what they do, usually by killing the victims and I am sick of it. How many more times are we going to see sex offenders on the loose and re-offending?

This will keep happening until something is done to keep them locked up or away from innocent people. I wish we could put them all on an island (in shark infested water, of course) where they could offend on each other, kill each other, whatever, but not be free to harm another single person.

Me too. The other day, while reading my Bible, I read that God will allow on earth what we, the people, allow.
We, the people, have to find a better way to deal with violent sex offenders. Do our laws protect their rights more than the rights
of their victims or, I should say, future victims? Yes, they do.

Something is wrong in the brains of these people that can't be fixed. Short term prison sentences are not the answer.
I can't think of a humane solution to the problem but I think a first strike and you're out system needs to be put into place
when it comes to convicted violent sex offenders.

Can you please post the weather for the 6th as well? Or maybe just the link?

Weather forecast for New Orleans: Updated: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 6:54 AM

Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Highs around 90.

West winds around 5 mph shifting to the northeast up to 5 mph in the Afternoon.

Tonight: Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening.

Lows in the mid 70s.

Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the west after midnight

So if the trio left the club at 2:00 AM, got to Kenner at 2:30, tried to initiate sex or fool JL into thinking that something was going to happen for which she would be paid $700...they only had 3 or less hours of darkness to do all that, and on top of all that, dismember and dispose of the body under cover of darkness. Seems like they had to have driven somewhere close to the Rigolets right away to do all of the deeds or risk having to throw the body in the water in front of fishermen venturing out for the day...I don't know how much of what I said even made sense.
I'm wondering if they killed her in the early morning of the 6th, dismembered her all day, and then drove to the gulf on the night of the 6th so her body would wash up on the morning of the 7th?

They found her around 6pm on the 7th. IIRC I heard the sirens about 5:45 maybe 5:50, we were out in the backyard. I remember because the sirens are why I checked the news. I feel so nosey saying that.....but I had to know what all the comotion was about.

Weather forecast for New Orleans: Updated: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 6:54 AM

Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Highs around 90.

West winds around 5 mph shifting to the northeast up to 5 mph in the Afternoon.

Tonight: Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening.

Lows in the mid 70s.

Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the west after midnight

Thank you!!:seeya:

I am wondering if LE has checked into any of the characters that answered MAS's Sugar Daddy Ad? I would think one of her "Sugar Daddys" may have a large boat and a fishing camp that she probably has access to. Perhaps MAS can always blackmail the man by threatening to tell his wife about their secret affair.

I saw many expensive fishing camps near the Rigolets area. Just wondering???

This quote is from thread #4 comment #5 by Bessie:

"Have we discussed MAS' most recent place of employment? I've been told that on Wednesday, June 6th, she reported for her job as a bartender in NO East feeling very ill."

The thread is closed but I thought it was important to bring this up again since we are discussing(<--spelling?)events around this time frame.
I wonder what time her shift started. Was it day or evening shift? Does anyone recall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee