GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, the reason I asked when Addie came to NOLA is because she was working at Hogg's before MAS was hired. I don't think what Zach did was in any way related to the Atwood murders, but if MAS was working there sometime before Atwood and P.B. got arrested (2003 i think) perhaps they may have been at least acquaintences of each other? Even if they were in prison by the time she was hired, I am wondering if she may have heard stories of what happened to these dancers as barroom lore since that was the last place 2 of thier victims were seen alive.
I think she believes Zach would gave gotten away with murder had he not written his confession letter and she may also have thought Atwood could have gotten away with murder too if P.B. had not confessed.

I took a few notes earlier ~

Addie Hall moved to New Orleans in 2002/registered to vote there in 2002.
Frank L. dated Hall back in Durham in 2002 right before she moved to NOLA.

Nola.com article from Oct. 2006 ~ Hall moved to NOLA in 2002. She worked at Stage Door and then Hog's Breath Cafe, both on Chartres Street.

My other notes have that AH worked at Cafe Beignet as a waitress when she first moved to New Orleans. Spotted Cat bar is also mentioned.
On the same page with these notes I wrote that MAS met Addie in early 2005 bartending at Hog's.

From the show 'Final Witness' I wrote down that MAS was AH's co-worker 2002 - 2006. I'm thinking MAS exaggerated the amount of time she knew Addie. Considering MAS is 28 now, she would have turned 21 in 2005.
MAS was born April 30, 1984. How old does one have to be to be a bartender in LA?

Since AH was murdered in October of 2006, MAS probably only knew her from April 2005 until AH was killed as she specifically says she met AH at Hog's. Considering that AH worked in the other places mentioned above before she began to work at Hog's, she couldn't have met MAS as early as 2002.

I'm confused between Hogg's at 135 Chartres and Hog's breath saloon at 339 Chartres. I think AH and MAS worked at Hoggs. I don't think the Hog's breath is there any longer, although I could be mistaken. Googling Hog's breath in New Orleans, I don't come up with much. I was just in the quarter last weekend and drove by Stilletto's and Temptations on bourbon on my bike (not where I thought they were, ie, further down and on the opposite side of the street from where I thought) and also went by AH's old place on Rampart, and then realized that I had been in that courtyard before as it was part of Prospect One's art installation event a few years back. I didn't know at the time the significance of the address as I had been only marginally interested in the case back then. But I remember the courtyard was eerie and beautiful at night. Don't even remember the object d'art that I viewed.
Thanks for the info on AH and for keeping such good notes.

I took a few notes earlier ~

Addie Hall moved to New Orleans in 2002/registered to vote there in 2002.
Frank L. dated Hall back in Durham in 2002 right before she moved to NOLA.

Nola.com article from Oct. 2006 ~ Hall moved to NOLA in 2002. She worked at Stage Door and then Hog's Breath Cafe, both on Chartres Street.

My other notes have that AH worked at Cafe Beignet as a waitress when she first moved to New Orleans. Spotted Cat bar is also mentioned.
On the same page with these notes I wrote that MAS met Addie in early 2005 bartending at Hog's.

From the show 'Final Witness' I wrote down that MAS was AH's co-worker 2002 - 2006. I'm thinking MAS exaggerated the amount of time she knew Addie. Considering MAS is 28 now, she would have turned 21 in 2005.
MAS was born April 30, 1984. How old does one have to be to be a bartender in LA?

Since AH was murdered in October of 2006, MAS probably only knew her from April 2005 until AH was killed as she specifically says she met AH at Hog's. Considering that AH worked in the other places mentioned above before she began to work at Hog's, she couldn't have met MAS as early as 2002.

bolded the question : I am guessing it depends on where you work. I know alot of bars used to be 18 to enter 21 to drink for patrons. In order to serve alcohol, you must have a Louisiana Responsible Vendors Server Permit. You can take the course as young as 15, but I think under 18 you can only serve liquor in a closed container (like in a gas station or grocery store).

I know years ago, there was a dancer I worked with in the Quarter who was underage (17) but legally emancipated. Also I worked with a doorguy who was not yet 21 although he was not allowed to let anyone else in who was under 21.

I am very interested in the PB/Atwood case too, and I didn't know about the Hoggs connection. All of this seems to be more than coincidental. If you go to any major city of the same size, how many have recent murder/dismemberment incidences like this I wonder, let alone involving the sort of connections made thus far. I feel like i'm drifting back to conspiracy theory again.
I think AH moved to New orleans in 2004. She hadn't been here that long, although I think she moved not from NC at that time but from the Mississippi gulf coast. I don't remember where I got this info but it may have been from "Shake the Devil Off" the book about her murderous bf. BTW I was disappointed in the book and his focus on the bf. I think the focus was more on him because AH's family was not cooperative. My interest in PB and AH are more about how fragile women can get involved with monsters and lack a sense of their own mind

maybe someone should contact the producers of "Final Witness" and see if they are interested in covering all 3 of these horrific cases. We've tried to tie A.H. to T.S. and relatives of this person to that. They would have the resources to set the record straight.

I'm still in shock to not be able to find anything about the Atwood case except through a few blogs. Cannot find a single court document (even though he pled), not an arrest report, although he is listed in custody on vinelink. It's sad for their victims b/c you can only find a grave for one. They did not have the support that Jaren has.

I am also wondering if JusttheFactsMAam had ever heard back from Nancy Grace or anyone he was trying to get from the national media? Goes to show how biased they can be on what's "newsworthy"

Been sadly following all the updates and news releases on Mickey Shunick's case today but know that her family can finally have closure and start to find peace that only time can give.

Hoping that LE on Jaren's case will have as much help from her friends and coworkers and those who know MAS and TS to be able to give her family closure too.

Bumping for Jaren, her DD and all her loved ones. Justice needs to be served!

I agree with you, concernedcitizen on not being able to find anything on the atwood case. I attributed it to it being 2001 and internet not being as widely utilized. I couldn't find one picture of Atwood.
Glad that the Shunick case is moving forward. It sounded to me like the killer finally told them where the body was. The article I read suggested that he had gone back and visited the body or the site and tampered with it a few times. Very sick person, one who has to eventually brag about his deed as if it were some sort of thing to admire or want recognition for. I thought it only a matter of time before that happened in Jaren's case.

I agree with you, concernedcitizen on not being able to find anything on the atwood case. I attributed it to it being 2001 and internet not being as widely utilized. I couldn't find one picture of Atwood.
I guess news always traveled slow here north of New Orleans, because I don't even remember the Atwood Murders. I'm glad that you have opened my eyes to the case, because I have found an old NOLA.com article that is no longer online. However, it does mention this:

He met Esaki at the Artist Cafe at 608 Iberville St. in the French Quarter, where PB worked as a dancer under the stage name Crystal, then rendezvoused with her, Penzica and Biehn at Hoggs Bar, 135 Chartres St. in the Quarter.

Atwood hit Esaki on the head and strangled her. Both victims' fingers were cut off, presumably to hinder identification through fingerprints. Their bodies, bound with duct tape, were later found in garbage bags on the Interstate 510 Service Road near Lake Forest Boulevard in New Orleans. Atwood and Biehn had dumped them there on the way to Biloxi, Miss., where Atwood drilled as a Navy Seabee.

Here are PB's Myspace Heroes:

Father GOD and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, Detective Don M., Leutenant Grey,who helped me get away from a psychotic killer and change my life forever. I am a nurse now.
Source: http://www.myspace.com/461221724

Question: How in the hell did this woman ever get out of prison? Does anybody else see some "similarities" here with these crimes?

P.S. I can find no picture of Atwood either.

This case just seems crazier every time I look into it. Who knows there could be another party involved but I believe it was all TS and MAS. Hopefully more information comes forward soon. This family needs closure and justice to be served.

I think that the fact that there is so little on this case just demonstrate how little NOPD cares about dancers and even other murder victims. They see so many that they don't have time to put any extra care into them. It is only when they receive attention from elsewhere that the NOPD gives them any attention at all.

Of course they dont take missing people seriously either. They would rather have a "missing person" than try to investigate and find that they have yet another murder to deal with. Even with a missing person, they just play it off and say they find no evidence of foul play. But I guess if you don't look then you won't find any evidence of foul play and that is fine with them.

And so it was with Jaren. To them she was just a dancer who probably ran off and that was that. But Jaren had loved ones who wouldn't be dismissed so easily and then when her body washed up on the beach, NOPD knew they better put their gameface on and act like they were doing something.

To me, it looks more and more like MAS was obsessed with killing and dismembering women and getting away with it. there are too many coincidences, similarities and connections to Addie's case and apparently the Atwood murders. She wasn't involved in them but she was most likely obsessed by them and thought she could do it better and not get caught.

Atwoods gf may have been able to get away with a light sentence by playing like she was victim of his bullying but I think the facts will show that MAS is anything but a victim and is in fact very involved in the planning and carrying out every aspect of the crime and enjoying it very much.

Popping in to catch up... thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts! Although I don't contribute much here, I'm always reading everyone's great posts. I don't really know what I think happened but I know of 2 people that do and they need to pay!

Only 9 days left before MAS court date. Please let there be charges!!!

Staying here for you Jaren, until justice is done!!!

This case just seems crazier every time I look into it. Who knows there could be another party involved but I believe it was all TS and MAS. Hopefully more information comes forward soon. This family needs closure and justice to be served.

I do agree with you. I personally think that TS and MAS are the only people involved, however I think they were "inspired" by other tragic events in the past. Like the Atwood murders and the Zack & Addie story. Of course, according to MAS, she was the BFF of Addie Hall.

I'm confused between Hogg's at 135 Chartres and Hog's breath saloon at 339 Chartres. I think AH and MAS worked at Hoggs. I don't think the Hog's breath is there any longer, although I could be mistaken. Googling Hog's breath in New Orleans, I don't come up with much. I was just in the quarter last weekend and drove by Stilletto's and Temptations on bourbon on my bike (not where I thought they were, ie, further down and on the opposite side of the street from where I thought) and also went by AH's old place on Rampart, and then realized that I had been in that courtyard before as it was part of Prospect One's art installation event a few years back. I didn't know at the time the significance of the address as I had been only marginally interested in the case back then. But I remember the courtyard was eerie and beautiful at night. Don't even remember the object d'art that I viewed.

Hoggs is under new ownership and is called Sneaky Pete's

I guess news always traveled slow here north of New Orleans, because I don't even remember the Atwood Murders. I'm glad that you have opened my eyes to the case, because I have found an old NOLA.com article that is no longer online. However, it does mention this:

He met Esaki at the Artist Cafe at 608 Iberville St. in the French Quarter, where PB worked as a dancer under the stage name Crystal, then rendezvoused with her, Penzica and Biehn at Hoggs Bar, 135 Chartres St. in the Quarter.

Atwood hit Esaki on the head and strangled her. Both victims' fingers were cut off, presumably to hinder identification through fingerprints. Their bodies, bound with duct tape, were later found in garbage bags on the Interstate 510 Service Road near Lake Forest Boulevard in New Orleans. Atwood and Biehn had dumped them there on the way to Biloxi, Miss., where Atwood drilled as a Navy Seabee.

Here are PB's Myspace Heroes:

Father GOD and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, Detective Don M., Leutenant Grey,who helped me get away from a psychotic killer and change my life forever. I am a nurse now.
Source: http://www.myspace.com/461221724

Question: How in the hell did this woman ever get out of prison? Does anybody else see some "similarities" here with these crimes?

P.S. I can find no picture of Atwood either.

That is the same article I read. I didn't realize the Hogg's connection until after watching "Final Witness" and then rereading it.

And even if the murders happened in 2001-2002 it's not really that long ago. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that Derrick Todd Lee was around the same time, you google him and can find plenty of information and pictures. DTL had 7 victims, Atwood only had 3, (that we know of in both cases) how many people do you have to kill before you are officially labeled a serial killer? What about Karla Homola? I think they only had 3 victims and they were convicted in the early 90's in Canada.
I don't believe we can blame NOPD for not caring in the Atwood case because they were arrested and tried in Jefferson Parish.
What about the Freedom of Information Act??
I would love to see an interview with P.B. I'm wondering how she feels about her ex putting out videos trying to say she was involved in Jaren's murder.
I doubt she's shy with the amount of social media she uses.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/10/20/adriane-addie-hall-murder-100506/

The fourth comment down is a comment that MAS wrote on this blog in 2007. That is, I/we think it's MAS as she wrote, 'I met Addie early in 2005 when I started bartending at Hogs. . .".

She uses one g when spelling Hogs - so would that be a clue that it is the 339 address where MAS and AH worked together?

Popping in to catch up... thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts! Although I don't contribute much here, I'm always reading everyone's great posts. I don't really know what I think happened but I know of 2 people that do and they need to pay!

Only 9 days left before MAS court date. Please let there be charges!!!

Staying here for you Jaren, until justice is done!!!

I am waiting for MAS court date because I am sure charges will be brought against her. Reason for thinking this is that it does not appear she or TS have said much, if anything. If either one was innocent and could explain the circumstances, I don't think MAS would still be locked up. It has been eerily quiet.

Staying here for Jaren, too, and pray that justice will be served.

Has anyone else ever noticed that TS appears to have HORNS or a HORN in his photos? Is this what he is trying to depict as he styles his hair?

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/10/20/adriane-addie-hall-murder-100506/

The fourth comment down is a comment that MAS wrote on this blog in 2007. That is, I/we think it's MAS as she wrote, 'I met Addie early in 2005 when I started bartending at Hogs. . .".

She uses one g when spelling Hogs - so would that be a clue that it is the 339 address where MAS and AH worked together?

According to Ethan Brown's book "Shake the Devil Off" it says:

In the spring of 2005, Zack found a job tending bar at a down and out
watering hole on the one hundred block of the French Quarter's Chartres
Street called Hog's Bar.

This is the bar where MAS met Zack and Addie.

It's interesting that MAS in that blog that you are referring to, also mentions that she read the Ethan Brown's book "Shake the Devil Off."

To quote MAS on the blog - i read ethans book hoping that some answers would help ease the pain. it didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3