GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

That is the same article I read. I didn't realize the Hogg's connection until after watching "Final Witness" and then rereading it.

And even if the murders happened in 2001-2002 it's not really that long ago. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that Derrick Todd Lee was around the same time, you google him and can find plenty of information and pictures. DTL had 7 victims, Atwood only had 3, (that we know of in both cases) how many people do you have to kill before you are officially labeled a serial killer? What about Karla Homola? I think they only had 3 victims and they were convicted in the early 90's in Canada.
I don't believe we can blame NOPD for not caring in the Atwood case because they were arrested and tried in Jefferson Parish.
What about the Freedom of Information Act??
I would love to see an interview with P.B. I'm wondering how she feels about her ex putting out videos trying to say she was involved in Jaren's murder.
I doubt she's shy with the amount of social media she uses.​

I think I know the "character" that you are speaking about, because I have read some earlier information on this WS Forum. It is my understanding that the guy in the video is some creepy actor who just makes up stuff. I would not give him any credibility. You will just be chasing the rabbit down the hole again on this forum. I believe that Bessie had addressed this issue before about the guy on youtube.​

I think that the fact that there is so little on this case just demonstrate how little NOPD cares about dancers and even other murder victims.
They DO care. My mom works with NOPD. But consider the fact that New Orleans has the highest murder capita in the country and the fact that NOPD is severely understaffed. It's just literally impossible to invest a lot of time into each individual case.
In fact, NOLA has one of the highest crime rates in the WORLD!
http://www.wonders-world.com/2010/03/top-5-most-dangerous-cities-for-live-of.html
"A scary comparison has recently been made by the Time magazine stating that Baghdad in Iraq with its murder rate of about 48 per 100,000 people is now being safer, considering the statistics, than New Orleans. "
"The homicide rate in New Orleans ranks way above other American cities and towns, and therefore the city has been named the murder capital of the USA."

Sorry, but I had to speak up about your comment. My mom risks her life on a daily basis to face the country's most dangerous criminals, while being overworked and underpaid.

They DO care. My mom works with NOPD. But consider the fact that New Orleans has the highest murder capita in the country and the fact that NOPD is severely understaffed. It's just literally impossible to invest a lot of time into each individual case.
In fact, NOLA has one of the highest crime rates in the WORLD!
http://www.wonders-world.com/2010/03/top-5-most-dangerous-cities-for-live-of.html
"A scary comparison has recently been made by the Time magazine stating that Baghdad in Iraq with its murder rate of about 48 per 100,000 people is now being safer, considering the statistics, than New Orleans. "
"The homicide rate in New Orleans ranks way above other American cities and towns, and therefore the city has been named the murder capital of the USA."

Sorry, but I had to speak up about your comment. My mom risks her life on a daily basis to face the country's most dangerous criminals, while being overworked and underpaid.

Thanks for speaking up. I know there are many wonderful people working as a part of the NOPD and my late fiance worked side by side with them for 23 years as a N.O. firefighter and thru the awful months during and after Katrina. I know all of the first responders who stayed behind went thru a living hell. I know what they went thru and how it affected them.

What I really meant is that as a whole and under the administration that is in place, it is extremely difficult for those who do want to do their job as officers to be able to get it done. The administration is all about appearance and politics and nepotism. There is a history of corruption or corrupt officers and coverups. Charles Foti himself committed a hit and run which was covered up and he went on to be the top dog in the department.

There are many dedicated NOPD officers who do give it their all and put up with BS because they do care. But just how much they can accomplish is often undermined by those above them or by those corrupt members of the NOPD who are willing to play dirty (or play politics) to get ahead.

I see it as similar to when I worked as a teacher in the inner city of New Orleans. I found that there were many dedicated teachers who were at the mercy of an administration that basically overworked them with BS and didn't give them what they needed to get their jobs done. Then when things went wrong, they were blamed for something they had no control over.

I just get so frustrated with the status quo of the NOPD. I certainly didnt mean anything against all of the officers because I know there are many great ones. I just hate that they are undermined by the administration and the politics.

Oh, I could write a book on it but for the sake of my sanity, I'll stop right here. Thanks to your mom for the job she does because I know it is not an easy job and it is probably her dedication and the fact that she cares that keeps her there doing it.

I think I know the "character" that you are speaking about, because I have read some earlier information on this WS Forum. It is my understanding that the guy in the video is some creepy actor who just makes up stuff. I would not give him any credibility. You will just be chasing the rabbit down the hole again on this forum. I believe that Bessie had addressed this issue before about the guy on youtube.

yes this is who i was referring to, but I only meant I would like to know how she feels about him doing those videos. Because of him, alot more of us know about she and Atwood. And trying to convince people she was the girl in the Temptation's surveillance.

yes this is who i was referring to, but I only meant I would like to know how she feels about him doing those videos. Because of him, alot more of us know about she and Atwood. And trying to convince people she was the girl in the Temptation's surveillance.

I am semi new to all this but willing to try. Can you all provide some links where I can read about some of these cases mentioned so I can comment? TIA

Still thinking of Jaren, and checking in. Reading and lurking...I really hope there is a break soon.

Clodumbo wrote:

I guess news always traveled slow here north of New Orleans, because I don't even remember the Atwood Murders. I'm glad that you have opened my eyes to the case, because I have found an old NOLA.com article that is no longer online. However, it does mention this:

He met Esaki at the Artist Cafe at 608 Iberville St. in the French Quarter, where PB worked as a dancer under the stage name Crystal, then rendezvoused with her, Penzica and Biehn at Hoggs Bar, 135 Chartres St. in the Quarter.

Atwood hit Esaki on the head and strangled her. Both victims' fingers were cut off, presumably to hinder identification through fingerprints. Their bodies, bound with duct tape, were later found in garbage bags on the Interstate 510 Service Road near Lake Forest Boulevard in New Orleans. Atwood and Biehn had dumped them there on the way to Biloxi, Miss., where Atwood drilled as a Navy Seabee.

Here are PB's Myspace Heroes:

Father GOD and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, Detective Don M., Leutenant Grey,who helped me get away from a psychotic killer and change my life forever. I am a nurse now.
Source: http://www.myspace.com/461221724

Question: How in the hell did this woman ever get out of prison? Does anybody else see some "similarities" here with these crimes?

P.S. I can find no picture of Atwood either.[/quote]

my comment:
I wonder who the gentleman is in the photo of her in the wedding dress, her dad or the groom? Is that Atwood? PB mentions her child is 15 months old and at the point she wrote that, she has already been arrested in the case. Makes you wonder if the child is Atwood's? The child in the video that her ex-bf (youtube character) posted has her with an older child and it predates the murders. Where are these children now? I too would like to see an interview with her, as I am interested in the psyche of people who are willing to witness and be a party to this atrocity.

I'm at Jaren's memorial in Bay St. Louis right now.

Attachments

• 2012-08-09_07-52-33_811.jpg
    2012-08-09_07-52-33_811.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 47
I guess news always traveled slow here north of New Orleans, because I don't even remember the Atwood Murders. I'm glad that you have opened my eyes to the case, because I have found an old NOLA.com article that is no longer online. However, it does mention this:

He met Esaki at the Artist Cafe at 608 Iberville St. in the French Quarter, where PB worked as a dancer under the stage name Crystal, then rendezvoused with her, Penzica and Biehn at Hoggs Bar, 135 Chartres St. in the Quarter.

Atwood hit Esaki on the head and strangled her. Both victims' fingers were cut off, presumably to hinder identification through fingerprints. Their bodies, bound with duct tape, were later found in garbage bags on the Interstate 510 Service Road near Lake Forest Boulevard in New Orleans. Atwood and Biehn had dumped them there on the way to Biloxi, Miss., where Atwood drilled as a Navy Seabee.

Here are PB's Myspace Heroes:

Father GOD and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, Detective Don M., Leutenant Grey,who helped me get away from a psychotic killer and change my life forever. I am a nurse now.
Source: http://www.myspace.com/461221724

Question: How in the hell did this woman ever get out of prison? Does anybody else see some "similarities" here with these crimes?

P.S. I can find no picture of Atwood either.

my comment:
I wonder who the gentleman is in the photo of her in the wedding dress, her dad or the groom? Is that Atwood? PB mentions her child is 15 months old and at the point she wrote that, she has already been arrested in the case. Makes you wonder if the child is Atwood's? The child in the video that her ex-bf (youtube character) posted has her with an older child and it predates the murders. Where are these children now? I too would like to see an interview with her, as I am interested in the psyche of people who are willing to witness and be a party to this atrocity.[/quote]

My guess is the "groom" is PB's baby's daddy. I don't think that's Atwood, because he would have been in prison. The baby that she mentions would have been born around December 2007. I do not know when PB was released from prison. I do know that she got out of prison early.

It's amazing that she can have a wonderful life now, but what about the victims that she lured to Atwood? Oh right, they are all dead now! They can't have a wonderful life like her now. You will probably never see an interview with her, but I'm with you - it would be interesting! PB must of have had a very good Defense Attorney at this trial.

P.S. I don't think PB was bullied. There is no excuse to what she did. Yes, she did come clean and helped the detectives - only to save own self with a lighter prison sentence.

I'm at Jaren's memorial in Bay St. Louis right now.
Where is Jaren's memorial located in Bay St Louis?

I visit that area often and would like to pay my respects and say a prayer for her family.

Where is Jaren's memorial located in Bay St Louis?

I visit that area often and would like to pay my respects and say a prayer for her family.

It's at the end of Washington street (cross section Beach Blvd) right next to the canopy with benches on the beach. Right behind it is an outlet where lots of people go fishing on a pier. Sorry, I'm horrible with giving driving directions. :/

my comment:
I wonder who the gentleman is in the photo of her in the wedding dress, her dad or the groom? Is that Atwood? PB mentions her child is 15 months old and at the point she wrote that, she has already been arrested in the case. Makes you wonder if the child is Atwood's? The child in the video that her ex-bf (youtube character) posted has her with an older child and it predates the murders. Where are these children now? I too would like to see an interview with her, as I am interested in the psyche of people who are willing to witness and be a party to this atrocity.

"My guess is the "groom" is PB's baby's daddy. I don't think that's Atwood, because he would have been in prison. The baby that she mentions would have been born around December 2007. I do not know when PB was released from prison. I do know that she got out of prison early.

It's amazing that she can have a wonderful life now, but what about the victims that she lured to Atwood? Oh right, they are all dead now! They can't have a wonderful life like her now. You will probably never see an interview with her, but I'm with you - it would be interesting! PB must of have had a very good Defense Attorney at this trial.

P.S. I don't think PB was bullied. There is no excuse to what she did. Yes, she did come clean and helped the detectives - only to save own self with a lighter prison sentence."

There was another murder in NOLA around the same time as the Atwood ones (and the Hall/Bowen one) that has some similar circumstances in terms of the girlfriend of the murderer receiving an extremely lighter sentence given the crime. The murder of Shawn Johnson took place in the French Quarter in 2003, and many here who knew anyone in the NOLA music/convention scene still remember the details. He was a lighting engineer working a Microsoft convention who was killed in the hot tub of his hotel room. He had invited four strangers he had met earlier that night at a FQ bar called the Dungeon to accompany him back to his room for a party. They were all caught on the security camera entering the hotel with him and later were identified as the last to have been seen with him before his body was discovered. The link to the site about Shawn's case created by his girlfriend is below.

His murderer received 45 years (in 2006) and the murderer's girlfriend only received 5 years max for the robbery part of the crime. Another male received 4 years and one female (of the four) was not charged because she left before the murder occurred and helped identify the other three. The lighter sentencing of the two "accomplices" is just unbelievable to me but I guess that is just the way our justice system works.? It appears that Shawn's murderer's girlfriend even has a Facebook with her post-jailtime look and favorites for all to see. It reminds me a lot of what I've read about PB's life-after-crime, although I really don't remember all that much about the Atwood cases.

The second link is the sentencing update for Shawn's murder. I wonder if we might see a similar thing happen in Jaren's case if TS (and MAS) are ever charged with her murder??

http://shawnjohnsonga.tripod.com/whathappened.html

http://new.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=122861

I am planning another trip to the MS Gulf Coast this weekend. Thanks for the directions to Jaren's Memorial. I will go by and pay my respects too. I will also be looking for some more clues, so I will keep y'all posted if I find anything new.

F.Y.I. - P.B. was married on June 04, 2007 for those who wanted to know. I am going to try use some of my "connections" to find out more about P.B.'s trial and why she was released so early. Hopefully I will find some answers and share. :detective:

[/quote]The second link is the sentencing update for Shawn's murder. I wonder if we might see a similar thing happen in Jaren's case if TS (and MAS) are ever charged with her murder??

http://new.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=122861[/quote]

That what bothers me. MAS could confess to get a "plea deal" in exchange for some information to LE. I'm surprised that she has not done this already. Personally, I think she is going to plead innocent on reasons of insanity, if this does go to trial. Her jail house trip to the mental facility might be a clue.

The second link is the sentencing update for Shawn's murder. I wonder if we might see a similar thing happen in Jaren's case if TS (and MAS) are ever charged with her murder??

That what bothers me. MAS could confess to get a "plea deal" in exchange for some information to LE. I'm surprised that she has not done this already. Personally, I think she is going to plead innocent on reasons of insanity, if this does go to trial. Her jail house trip to the mental facility might be a clue.[/QUOTE]

JMO: I'm sure her attorney is anticipating charges on or before August 17th and are steadily working up a defense. We know MAS was being treated for bipolar but IMO her addictive lifestyle of drugs, alcohol and poor choice in companionship were her worst enemy. Luckily for society, prisons are setting up mental health units in their prisons.

Heck....MAS sure looks like she is having herself a good ole time when the news cameras are filming. If you take away the mental illness diagnosis you still have a murderer.

I know it was suggested earlier that MAS may have an online footprint. Has it ever been established what that footprint was? I don't wander far from WBS' but am curious.

From WBG'S link MAS went by the name Margaret if that is indeed her. IIRC earlier in the thread a local said she may have had a Facebook page in the name of Margo Starr. I think what she may have put out there in cyberspace helps to try and understand her.

That what bothers me. MAS could confess to get a "plea deal" in exchange for some information to LE. I'm surprised that she has not done this already. Personally, I think she is going to plead innocent on reasons of insanity, if this does go to trial. Her jail house trip to the mental facility might be a clue.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't necessarily surprise me. There aren't even any charges filed against her yet. I don't think her attorney would have her plead guilty to something she isn't even charged with yet. I think his advice would be to wait and see if charges are even filed. If you plea too early, you end up in jail when you might not have ever been charged in the first place. Now let's hope that charges are coming soon and hopefully then things will break open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen