GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MASs hair in the video clip appeared to be blonde with dark undertones.

Does anyone know if she had all brown/dark hair just prior to June 2012?

This probably only makes sense to me but hoping someone who worked/works in the FQ may know the answer.

MASs hair in the video clip appeared to be blonde with dark undertones.

Does anyone know if she had all brown/dark hair just prior to June 2011?

This probably only makes sense to me but hoping someone who worked/works in the FQ may know the answer.

2011 or 2012?

New article. Adds a wee bit more information. Chief Deputy Don Bass of the Hancock County Sheriff's Department confirms that investigators will meet with the D.A. on Monday to present evidence to charge the pair with desecration of a corpse, with hopes it will be passed before a grand jury.

"We're not 100 percent sure where the homicide occurred but we know we have jurisdiction for the desecration of a corpse charges," Bass said in a telephone interview Friday.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/04/mississippi_to_seek_charges_in.html#incart_river

New article. Adds a wee bit more information. Chief Deputy Don Bass of the Hancock County Sheriff's Department confirms that investigators will meet with the D.A. on Monday to present evidence to charge the pair with desecration of a corpse, with hopes it will be passed before a grand jury.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/04/mississippi_to_seek_charges_in.html#incart_river

I really wish writers would be more sensitive to the family and friends of the victim and think about the wording used in headlines and articles.

Jaren was someone's daughter and sister long before she was a "dancer" in a Bourbon St. Club. And she will always be the mother of a beautiful daughter- who now only has the memory of the mother she only knew for a very short time.

I really wish writers would be more sensitive to the family and friends of the victim and think about the wording used in headlines and articles.

Jaren was someone's daughter and sister long before she was a "dancer" in a Bourbon St. Club. And she will always be the mother of a beautiful daughter- who now only has the memory of the mother she only knew for a very short time.

I totally agree. It's terrible the lows a reporter is willing to go to in order to get a story, let alone get it to be read by people. Terrible.

Hubs has surprised me with a late birthday present. Ghost Tour tickets for tonight. I'm anxious to see if the guy giving the tour will be YouTube guy. Last I heard, that's what he was up to. Keeping an eye out in the quarter for MS as well.

Thinking of you Jaren.

It's been such a long wait for justice. I live in Bay St. Louis, where some of the remains washed up. TS and MAS have gotten away with this for far too long...it is unbelievable to me that they don't have enough to charge them with first degree murder yet, and have to go with a lesser charge. Wouldn't we all love for the pieces of this puzzle to come together? An accidental death is one thing, but the way Jaren was torn apart is inexcusable. I find it hard to believe that someone would do that to a body, unless they caused the death in the first place.

No sign of either MS or YTG. I looked. Was almost distracted the whole time by the thought of Jaren and her last moments.

RIP sweet lady. Dance on those clouds. Dance the way you were always meant to.

It's been such a long wait for justice. I live in Bay St. Louis, where some of the remains washed up. TS and MAS have gotten away with this for far too long...it is unbelievable to me that they don't have enough to charge them with first degree murder yet, and have to go with a lesser charge. Wouldn't we all love for the pieces of this puzzle to come together? An accidental death is one thing, but the way Jaren was torn apart is inexcusable. I find it hard to believe that someone would do that to a body, unless they caused the death in the first place.

I agree. I don't think anyone innocent would do that to a body either. Heck most killers won't even do that to a body. I was really hoping they would have more on TS and MAS by now. Do they even know where they went afterwards? Last time I was following the case closer they said to a possible after party but did not know where. Has there been any updates since then?

Well, LE has to have something concrete to charge them with desecration. You can't make a leap from walking out of a bar in New Orleans to remains washing up in BSL days later without something to bridge the gap, or should I say gulf. I'm dying to know how they'll connect the dots.

Finally!!! It truly sounds to me like they are going to test the waters with the lesser charge first, to avoid being shut out on the murder charges by a grand jury. If the lesser charges are approved by a grand jury, and once the test results are back, I truly believe the DA will add murder charges on the case. The thought being, if there's enough evidence to say they were involved in desecration, which occurred AFTER Jaren was deceased, how can they NOT be involved in the murder? If they can get those lesser charges pushed through, I truly hope/pray the rest will be coming.

If they're announcing this in the press before it even goes to a grand jury, I truly hope they have someone sitting on MAS or she'll be gone now. What is TS's status? Been a long day today and for the life of me I can't remember. My brain is telling me he's still in custody but was he given a release date back in December? Sorry, I should know this and should be able to find this. TIA if you can help out on the current status of his sentence.

ETA - I see he was sentenced to over 2 years. Was it ever determined when he was eligible for release on those charges? Just wanting to make sure he isn't going anywhere anytime soon if/when charges are brought.

Finally!!! It truly sounds to me like they are going to test the waters with the lesser charge first, to avoid being shut out on the murder charges by a grand jury. If the lesser charges are approved by a grand jury, and once the test results are back, I truly believe the DA will add murder charges on the case. The thought being, if there's enough evidence to say they were involved in desecration, which occurred AFTER Jaren was deceased, how can they NOT be involved in the murder? If they can get those lesser charges pushed through, I truly hope/pray the rest will be coming.

If they're announcing this in the press before it even goes to a grand jury, I truly hope they have someone sitting on MAS or she'll be gone now. What is TS's status? Been a long day today and for the life of me I can't remember. My brain is telling me he's still in custody but was he given a release date back in December? Sorry, I should know this and should be able to find this. TIA if you can help out on the current status of his sentence.

Yep. That's why I'm anxious to see how they connect the dots.

Federal incarceration until October 2014. He's in Otisville now. At the time of my post he was in a detention facility in Brooklyn, NY.

You have a way of breaking things down for folks like me!! I so appreciate you.

My hope is that MS will start to sing now that she's had some time away from TS and is charged with something. Then, we will know what really happened that night. Jaren will have her justice one day no matter what. These two will have to meet their maker..... One day.

My guess is facing a few years won't get her to sing. Once the murder charges are brought, hopefully that will be a different situation. As you say....One day.

Yep. That's why I'm anxious to see how they connect the dots.

Federal incarceration until October 2014. He's in Otisville now. At the time of my post he was in a detention facility in Brooklyn, NY.

Thanks once again bessie. I'm anxious to see what else they have as well, though I truly believe what we, as the public, already have heard, is enough to make a circumstantial case. That's one of the reasons I've beaten my head against the wall with no charges having been filed already. Will truly be interesting to get a glimpse to what else LE has.

Thanks once again bessie. I'm anxious to see what else they have as well, though I truly believe what we, as the public, already have heard, is enough to make a circumstantial case. That's one of the reasons I've beaten my head against the wall with no charges having been filed already. Will truly be interesting to get a glimpse to what else LE has.
I don't know, reedus. We know they left together. We know TS has a background of abuse against women. And we know MAS is a little [intentionally left blank] , but no criminal record. And we know they absconded. But is that enough? I'm doubtful, and think there must be more.

That's interesting. I wonder what the "desecration" is...the actual dismemberment or the act of throwing the body parts into the ocean? If the former, then they would have a pretty good idea as to where/crime scene. If the latter, then I wonder if they have witnesses or some type of surveillance video placing them there. They must have SOMETHING else, I would think.

My guess is facing a few years won't get her to sing. Once the murder charges are brought, hopefully that will be a different situation. As you say....One day.

I honestly believe that MS was not the ring leader that night. I think TS dragged her into things slowly and got into her head as their relationship developed. She strikes me as a person who lacks her own identity and kind of absorbs the identities of her partners or close friends. I would like to see these two get the DP for what they've done, but I don't see that happening. My hope is that she gives him up. I hope she gives up the details and he goes down. If they have to work a deal to make it happen, then I think a deal should be made in efforts to keep him off the streets.

I would really like them put away (or done away with) for life, but if I had the choice between her doing a few years and him being locked up for the murder, as opposed to him possibly being paroled again as an RSO and doing a few years for desecration... I'd take the first option. She still gets a conviction, maybe less time.

Maybe things can't work out that way. Or maybe they won't. But a girl can hope right? Closure for the family. Justice (sorta) for Jaren. And hopeful lessons for everyone who was there that night.

I think if Jaren very often. Nearly every day. Her life was cut too short. Her daughter will only be able to remember her mom through disgusting headlines. I mean no disrespect when I talk about MS making a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3