LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
article-2026980-0D71EC7400000578-39_224x321.jpg

Saying I'm sorry just isn't enough, Jori.

Is that a fist imprint on the side of his head? I don't want to know but I do wonder about what all the dad did to him when no one was around since he couldn't express himself verbally.

jesslyn said she and wright never met eye-to-eye in the courtroom, though she and family said wright smirked as he was got out of the prisoner-transport van.

“he looked like he was satisfied,” jesslyn said.

put this @%# in gp. Now! Remember dahmer!

Thanks BeanE. As you saw I gave all of limited knowledge and I don't swear that I got it all correct. It differs from state to state.

Thanks for jumping in to save me..............:hero:

Oh God don't count on me for DP info lol. It's very complex, and took me forever just to understand FL for Caylee's case - and I still only got about half of it :floorlaugh:

Most perps I don't care if they get life in prison or DP - I just want them not to be able to hurt anyone, but this guy, my God, I just don't want that kind of evil in the world. Even if they confined him so he couldn't hurt anyone, it would just be his evil still being present in the world I couldn't stand. I very much want him to get the DP - and the sooner the better.

Is that a fist imprint on the side of his head? I don't want to know but I do wonder about what all the dad did to him when no one was around since he couldn't express himself verbally.

It sure does look like one!
Is that bruising on his throat? If all of this is bruising how can they not charge the mother with neglect or something. She's not blind.

you plead guilty, no reason for a sentencing trial . . . You are GUILTY

It sure does look like one!
Is that bruising on his throat? If all of this is bruising how can they not charge the mother with neglect or something. She's not blind.
The one on his throat looks like a tracheotomy scar. The other one does look like a bruise though. :(

Everyone is afforded a right to a trial under the constitution. That never changes.

If a person pleads guilty/nolo contendre/not guilty by reason of insanity, they get a trial.

A person can still plead not guilty even if they have confessed. Generally, this will not get them very far, unless that confession can be suppressed because of shoddy work by the cops (No Miranda, etc.).

If a person pleads guilty, then they still have to have a sentencing trial to determine if there are any mitigating factors that would indicate a lesser sentence. Given the horrific nature of this crime, I'm thinking they would have some difficulty with this.

This is very, very basic - it varies by state. In particular, Louisiana has a very different civil code, and I'm not sure if they also have significant differences criminally that correspond.

I'm guessing they will go not guilty by reason of insanity, unless they are able to negotiate a plea. Even if the confession is tossed, there's going to be enough physical evidence that the defense won't be able to introduce reasonable doubt. Sometimes, though, a not guilty plea is entered because of timelines/timeframes that are required. Not guilty can always be changed to guilty at any point in the trial prior to sentencing. Right now, things are in the tactical evaluation stage for the defense, where they are trying to buy time for their research and evaluation of the client, while also talking to the prosecutor behind closed doors. Given the nature of the crime, I'm guessing a plea will not happen.

That mother and child should of been given help a long time ago. That poor baby.

The one on his throat looks like a tracheotomy scar. The other one does look like a bruise though. :(

Agree...and he had a feeding tube, most CP kids I know don't have feeding tubes, wonder if it's a CP diagnosis but, I'd be willing to bet there is evidence of several brain injuries.

I can't help but wonder, if he was such a smart alek as reported, didn't he act different around his dad?

Statement released by District Attorney. Here's the first part. The full statement is in the linked article

As District Attorney, I appreciate the efforts of the media to keep the public informed on the status of the Wright case. I will always be conscious of the obligation of the media to keep the public informed on matters which are important to the community, and I am thankful that the media has contacted my office for comment.

"However, as is our policy in all cases handled by my office, my staff and I intend to fully comply with Rule 3.6 of the Rules of Professional Conduct regarding trial publicity. Accordingly, I will not be making any pubic statements regarding the case as long as it is pending.

http://www.wafb.com/story/15290665/da-says-he-wont-comment-on-pending-wright-case

RIP Jori...Little angel I hope you are enjoying your new ability to function without pain...in heaven you are perfect just like you were here on earth! This poor mother must be going through the unimaginable.

My heart aches just knowing that Jori was alive when this monster destroyed him!! I feel sick to my stomache knowing that this monster seems "satisfied" as the mother stated to know that he is causing her so much pain!

I've read about this case on CNN and now I wish I hadn't. I'm haunted by it constantly and wish there was something I could do. This little boy is dead because his father wanted to inflict the ultimate punishment on the mother. In addition, he thought of his son as no more than an inanimate object, or an animal, to be slaughtered. As a mother, nothing sickens me more than parents who break the trust of children, especially those with disabilities who are especially vulnerable.

I'm reading varying stories ... some articles say that the coroner declared cause of death as blunt force trauma, while his confession is that he performed the beheading while the poor child was conscious. Something in me thinks that he is making his confession especially lurid to further get at the mother, because he knows he's a dead man and doesn't really care. Or maybe I'd like to think that the child was knocked unconscious at the very least before such a heinous act was performed on him. This nasty individual was very explicit and readily confessed...so that is why I think there's more to it. We may never know, however. I can only hope that the jury sees through any insanity rouse and give this man what he deserves.

You warned us, BeanE, but, I still wasn't prepared. That poor little boy. :(

Jori's funeral will be held next week.
Visitation for Jori Lirette will be held from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m. Monday, and from 8 a.m. until funeral time Tuesday at St. Genevieve Catholic Church, 815 Barbier Ave., Thibodaux. Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with burial at St. Joseph Cemetery in Thibodaux.
http://www.dailycomet.com/article/2...tle=Funeral-services-set-for-slain-7-year-old
A memorial, candlelight vigil, and fundraising to build a handicapped accessible playground at Jori's school

THIBODAUX, La. -- Less than a week after a special needs boy was brutally murdered, allegedly by his father in Thibodaux, strangers are stepping up to help.
"My sister kept telling me, go back Stephanie! Go back, it's a lot bigger," said Thibodaux resident Stephanie Samanie, who stopped by a still growing memorial for Jori Lirette.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Community-Rallies-After-Gruesome-Murder-128049913.html

WARNING - VERY GRAPHIC!!!! === WARNING - VERY GRAPHIC!!!!

Questioned by Thibodaux Police Capt. Kyle Cressione, Wright said he was angry about his breakup with longtime girlfriend Jesslyn Lirette, Jori’s mother, and his pending eviction, the affadavit, filed as part of the court record, says.

He was also “tired of taking care of the dummy” and upset that Jori soiled himself and Wright that morning, the papers say.

He saw that as signs that “Jori was a dummy and not his son. He started contemplating on killing him,” the papers say.

Jesslyn, intending to end the relationship, left the home at 8 a.m. Sunday to retrieve her truck, which she planned to use to take him to his mother’s house, the papers say.

Once she left, Wright picked Jori up and carried him to the kitchen sink, he told police. Wright said he didn’t want to look at Jori, so he put a plastic shopping bag over the boy’s head.

Jori gasped and started to cry when Wright first began to saw back and forth on Jori’s neck with a saw from his toolbox, the report says. He next cut off Jori’s limbs at the elbows and knees.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110817/ARTICLES/110819568/1314?Title=Father-details-slaying

Another small piece of my heart, totally gone. :(

Oh dear God, I should not have read the Daily Comet article. Other parents have disabled kids, other parents get evicted, and they don't behead their kids. This man was simply angry that his girlfriend was going to leave him, and so he punished her by killing her son. And that's what Jori was to his father...merely his girlfriend's dummy of a son. I want to rip the man apart myself. As a mother of a developmentally disabled child, I know that they can be even more trying than other children, and yes, they require more care, and if you can't hack it, you walk away. I have always been against using kids as pawns in damaged relationships, and this is the worst case scenario of what can happen whey kids start being used as tools by one parent to harm another.

Oh dear God, I should not have read the Daily Comet article. Other parents have disabled kids, other parents get evicted, and they don't behead their kids. This man was simply angry that his girlfriend was going to leave him, and so he punished her by killing her son. And that's what Jori was to his father...merely his girlfriend's dummy of a son. I want to rip the man apart myself. As a mother of a developmentally disabled child, I know that they can be even more trying than other children, and yes, they require more care, and if you can't hack it, you walk away. I have always been against using kids as pawns in damaged relationships, and this is the worst case scenario of what can happen whey kids start being used as tools by one parent to harm another.
I think there was more to it than that. If you read the mother's MS from a few years ago, he clearly resented Jori since birth. I don't believe he viewed Jori as just his gf's "dummy" son, but his own imperfect child, an undesirable (to him) reflection of himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back