LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
one more question and I'm done for the night...promise :woohoo:

What was the consensus on cameras past the 1:48 mark (assuming she made it further on her way home)? Are there none or LE might be holding back?!?

Which photo are you talking about at 1:48 -- too tired to think of finding it... sorry!!!!!! fingers falling off

K I finally got done playing catch up.

What's up with police neither confirming or denying to MSM, when the IND specifically uses the word "confirmed" in their article? Obviously they knew the IND was going to publish this. Maybe new developments and they changed their mind but too late, it already went to press and they couldn't take it back? What will this do for the IND? It looks pretty darn bad when you publish something, quoting sources claimed it was true, and then less than an hour later those sources suddenly have a different story.

Not sure if this has been addressed..sorry if it has... The guy spoken about, McGee....any relation to MCGEE's boat landing.....in Henderson...near where bike was found??????
(McGee's is a popular place in Henderson to launch boats, think they have a restaurant/bar there ??)

No one has proven it, but it was suggested.

I considered the boat angle. If it was McGee, I presume he could get to the river from Bayou Portage Guidry behind his house. But why the heck go all the way to the Whiskey Bay bridge to drop the bike. Many more discrete spots much closer to home.

I think you may have answered your own question. If it were you, would you dump the bike in your backyard or somewhere away from you so as to hopefully avoid suspicion if its found.

Well, it could be an attempt to make investigators think the perp headed east on I-10, while actually the perp was closer to home. Misdirection. It would take some smarts though.

He could have stashed the bike on the property, leaned it up against an outbuilding out of sight, maybe, and then when things heated up he waited till 3 am and dumped it a few days later. That wouldn't rule out a winding boat ride initially.

OKAy, I was away from the computer most of the day, and just skimmed through a gazillion posts to try and get up to speed. Whew.

So just to clarify, do I have this correct: There was a rumor, which was mostly correct, about this teen driver, from BB. And he was already interviewed, but has since been cleared, so we are back to square one? CORRECT?

Not sure exactly when all of the speculation began regarding weed. But, I would suggest that IF it is speculation in regard to searchers being ask to look for a pipe (no link for that, stated on this forum per local searcher), that the pipe is just as likely to have nothing at all to do with weed but rather having just left that Artmosphere Lounge.

Artmosphere is said to be a hookah lounge (I believe a local has stated this as well), in addition to being a restaurant, concert venue, etc. Hookah lounges/bars seem to be very popular and are everywhere. Just throwing this info out there as it makes more sense to me, personally. I, myself, am very uncomfortable with speculating otherwise regarding the weed issue.

Some Wiki facts on hookah/hookah lounges:
-- an establishment where patrons share shisha (flavored tobacco) from a communal hookah placed at each table.
-- Hookah lounges are mostly found in college towns and urban areas and are regarded by some as a novel and chic way to socialize and embrace multiculturalism
-- Many hookah lounges in the United States have chic or modernistic elements such as glass tables, plasma televisions and oxygen bars.
-- The important thing is not what you put in the pipe, but who is with you while you're smoking...it's a complete experience...in a cafe like this one, you find the good people, the old people, the interesting people.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah_lounge"]Hookah lounge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Also, things I gathered from reading:
the herbal type is very common because it contains no tobacco, or nicotine. apparently using a hookah pipe, the smoke is drawn through cold water to cool and filter it.

I think you may have answered your own question. If it were you, would you dump the bike in your backyard or somewhere away from you so as to hopefully avoid suspicion if its found.

There is a LOT of swamp between the back of his house and the Whiskey Bay launch. He could of weighted it with bricks and it might never be seen again.

OKAy, I was away from the computer most of the day, and just skimmed through a gazillion posts to try and get up to speed. Whew.

So just to clarify, do I have this correct: There was a rumor, which was mostly correct, about this teen driver, from BB. And he was already interviewed, but has since been cleared, so we are back to square one? CORRECT?

I haven't heard that he was cleared.

Which photo are you talking about at 1:48 -- too tired to think of finding it... sorry!!!!!! fingers falling off

i hear ya :) i do believe it was the one in front the gas station of her----i was more wondering if there were cameras closer to her house that can prove she DIDN'T make it a certain distance!

I really do appreciate all the answers---it's hard when you don't live in the area and you all are doing a great job at painting the picture!

If the bike was dumped in a way to be found quickly as a distraction, that would suggest that Mickey's body is far from that spot. Assuming she is dead.

That's the trouble... in some cases we see a perp.. On this one - it's a ghost. Both an abductor AND a drunk kid hitting her could dispose of the evidence in the same way - separated.

This one's a tough nut......

What's up with police neither confirming or denying to MSM, when the IND specifically uses the word "confirmed" in their article? Obviously they knew the IND was going to publish this. Maybe new developments and they changed their mind but too late, it already went to press and they couldn't take it back? What will this do for the IND? It looks pretty darn bad when you publish something, quoting sources claimed it was true, and then less than an hour later those sources suddenly have a different story.

The impression I had from reading the article was that Chief Craft was probably taken by surprise that he was asked about a specific name and let it slip that they had talked to him and Mouton, when later asked, stood by the company line that he's not discussing the investigation beyond the limited information they have released.

Seems Chief Craft confirmed, Cpl Mouton was the one neither confirming or denying, iirc.

I think that's back a few pages in the thread.

What in the world do the other folks call their grandfathers? (We have lots of "grandaddies" around here.)

No grandaddies here, I thought that was only on tv :) We have a couple of Grandpas, a Paw Paw, a PeePaw, and Poppa. We also have a couple Grandmas, a couple Maw Maws, a MeeMaw (to go with the PeePaw), a Nana and MeMe!

Not sure about cleared. See what you think? I don't know how to copy another post, but I will try this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee10 [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7993237#post7993237"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
From your link:

"Corporal Paul Mouton, a Lafayette Police Department spokesperson, would neither confirm nor deny that McGee was interviewed. Mouton, who sounded incensed on the phone when questioned about the report, said many people have been interviewed. No one has been identified as a suspect, he said, and no one has been arrested."

Quote:
Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft, though he offered no details, confirms a tip The Independent received that detectives investigating the disappearance of UL student Mickey Shunick have interviewed 19-year-old Rocky James Mcgee in connection with the case.
Craft directed all other questions to spokesman Paul Mouton.
Mouton might not have confirmed it, but police chief Jim Craft did.

Source: http://www.theind.com/news/10633-pol...n-shunick-case

EDITED - to Bold Important Parts

To quote the guy from "airplane", 'looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking'
Sorry comic relief.

does anybody here speak jive..?

now back to work...

why a bike dumped so far away and without a body... please chime in with your theories... even if you think they are dumb... if you want you can send them privately...

i feel we missed or overlooked something, maybe something obvious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonhope55