LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be remarkably brazen for a city employee to do the crime in a city vehicle. I guess it might provide a little cover if there is the fleet is large, but it would sure narrow the focus.

On foot, then vehicle?

City vehicles move around all the time.

There was another map posted that IMO was pretty good. I was expecting more.

Sorry, it didn't come.
Sorry.

I understand that I'm not working fast enough for you. I'm doing the best I can. I also don't want to hinder the investigation, and so I've had to go slowly through multiple fact-checking mechanisms. Someone's life is at stake, and sometimes the payoff isn't instant or on demand.

Quoting CCK.

Thank you so much.
Could you ask the friend if the logos are magnetic? :blushing: Likely not, (especially not the #'s)... but just a thought. TIA

He says NO, they would be like stickers that would be obvious if they had been removed, def. not magnetic.

City employee on foot?

The LGC has been dead center of this case...and now we may have additional images of MS in different areas on the property?

How easy would it be for someone on foot to knock MS off of her bike? Someone who knew where the LGC cameras were?

LE would have to be extremely cautious...they're intertwined with this person on some level.

Another one of my fact-less theories.

But I do think someone on foot is a definite possibility. Less useless stuff, silent. Getting in & out of a truck is slower and more noticeable. Stepping out of a shadow and back in is practically invisible.

Not an accident.

Are there city vehicles there? Could a city vehicle have been used to transport MS & the bike?

Arrgh...I've created a Ninja City Employee Perp. I gotta stop thinking about this...EXCEPT! I'll keep my perp-on-foot possibility. Talk about crime of opportunity.

I believe this to be a possibility! My mom worked at a Town Hall, right along with LE, in NJ years back. One of their maintenance crew, that she often interacted with, was arrested for a terrible crime (although I can't really remember what it was 'cause I was young, sorry). But, when they arrested him they realized he did have a record and had simply lied on many areas of his application.
As I said, it was years ago and not related except to say...it happens. Anyone ever applied to work at City Hall? Are background checks required?

The other part to that quote was "I'm sure it's not- we are going to come find you and take you away from there, so just be smart, little sister."
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...0341/Mickey-Shunick-search-You-just-got-hope-

I think that they really are clinging to hope. I think that's what motivates them to get out of bed day after day without a sign of locating Mickey.

No one here can say for sure how they would act/react unless they have been in her shoes. Even then, we all react differently to tragedy.

But, it seems like their search efforts are focusing on recovering a body.

I would like to see Chicken Fried's maps added to the first post of each thread.

Is there any way of making that happen, (assuming Chicken is okay with that)?

I need to add a couple cams I missed - if I can figure a way to make them fit in the legend on the left side.....

Is that it unusual.? To gauge info? There have been times, early on when I just started reading these posts, that some postings just felt odd!? Maybe b/c I have never done this before or am isolated a great deal & can't grasp terminology/emotions/thought processes. A 'virtual reality web' Asperger's so to speak.

Really? Fascinating. I'm sorry if you are hindered by it.

You don't come off that way, btw.

Some postings do seem odd.

I appreciate that. Sincerely.

I speak from my gut.

If my sibling or loved one went missing, I think my demeanor would be different.
Just saying.

If my son went missing, I wouldn't be smiling and laughing on camera. (with doggie on shoulder)

Just saying...............
I would be pleading and crying.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: red flag for me.

Just logged back in to check what you guys have been talking about lately, and ran across this. I've got to say I do know where Bunny is coming from, and many others I have talked to do as well. From the very beginning of this when they formed that Facebook page on the 19th, the day she went missing, I too thought the public image of this case was a little off. The Facebook page has from the beginning read more like a fan page for a local bidding for votes on The Voice or American Idol than for the tragedy it represents, in my opinion. The public image really had me questioning what was really going on, where the money they were collecting was going, what they were really trying to accomplish. My gut feeling wasn't good either.

However, while I still am very uncomfortable with the media image being presented, I do feel like it is merely Charlie's coping mechanism. She has held it together remarkably well through this whole thing, and I think that can be attributed directly to the momentum keeping the reality of this from really hitting her. What really scares me about this is that the momentum is starting to die down, and that reality is going to be unavoidable when it does. I'm pretty worried about her when that does happen and hope that those around her are ready to help her through it. It is key that there is a strong support system waiting in the wings, because I really, honestly, don't think she has even begun to cope with this (whatever "this" turns out to be).

A.C.I.

Was there anything found on the Taco Bell pics? Did the police check the cameras to see if she came down St Mary's on the way home?

It would be remarkably brazen for a city employee to do the crime in a city vehicle. I guess it might provide a little cover if there is the fleet is large, but it would sure narrow the focus.

Agreed, I just dont see a city worker doing that in a city vehicle.

You'll all have to excuse me bc I only can drop in every few days (reading all of the threads greatly hinders how much work I get done in a day)- but is the 3rd white truck still being looked for?

And if so, is it the truck with the bed cover? Because the guy I was talking to said LCG would NOT put bed covers on their trucks. If its the chromed out one, that for sure is not an LCG vehicle.

I was sorry to read the criticism of Charlie that started late last night. She is going through something probably more wrenching than childbirth, and a lot longer lasting, and her emotions are going to be all over the map.

in non way did i mean that childbirth was as hard as what she's going through when i said "like when you are pregnant"

i was just trying to think of a time that many of us could relate to when emotions are all whacky

Totally agree with you! Let's hope Mickey has the same optimistic, fighting spirit as Charlie and that we'll all see a happy ending to this story.

But, it seems like their search efforts are focusing on recovering a body.

I would imagine they're easing themselves into that incrementally.

Right now, they're speaking about rescue, but they probably understand it's a recovery operation.

Unfortunately, sadly, terribly, they'll get there in their own time.

I was watching the news last week and saw Charlie all cheery and upbeat talking about the search efforts. Then, a few moments later, the camera caught her off to the side crying. It's called keeping a stiff upper lip.

I was ambivalent about going to search again the next day, but after this I certainly did!

The family and friends are doing a fablous job under extreme duress/fatigue.

Prayers to all of them!

I was sorry to read the criticism of Charlie that started late last night. She is going through something probably more wrenching than childbirth, and a lot longer lasting, and her emotions are going to be all over the map.

Yes indeedy, when you have some extra time, read some of Morgan Harrington's mother Gil's heartache since Morgan's death. Just an example.
http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Gil Harrington's thoughts from February 24, 2010
On February - 24 - 20105 COMMENTS

February 24, 2010

People tell me that since Morgan’s body has been found I can have closure. I don’t think that is realistic or reasonable or even what I am looking for. This kind of abrupt fundamental loss is like having a traumatic severing of your arm. You don’t get closure with an amputation. You are always aware of and wishing for your missing limb. BUT- you do have a choice – to be crippled OR to learn to write with your non-dominant hand or with a prosthesis or stick a pen in your mouth and go for it. (Who knows your penmanship may improve!). So you accommodate and learn to incorporate the injury into your reality. But the loss is ever present and apparent to self and others.

We don’t know how to make this new life fabric yet. Often it looks like a tangled snarl that can never be sorted out – but sometimes I catch glimpses of something like a spider’s web –delicate, intricate and having tremendous tensile strength. We are not there yet – but see a direction to aim for.

Well, I'm signing off to take care of business. Considering I know CS, I have no interest in sleuthing her.

BBL

I think I will have to make a new map that focuses more closely on the LCG area. The reason I didn't was that I was trying to get the Versailles cam in the same map - which made me have to back way off in Google Earth.

Embarrassed to say I just missed that rear cam.

There is no more room on the map I made....... and, that map really was designed to show the cameras that were on the known route. I just added the LCG lot cameras as a means to show the cameras that were on St. Landry.

It's obvious I need to make a more comprehensive map that takes ALL scenarios into account.

Thanks for the feedback!

I figured you left the camera in the back off for brevity, as it doesn't really pertain. You don't even need to show it. I only brought it up because someone mentioned she was seen on ALL the cameras and I was saying that was highly improbable because of the back camera.

I agree you should zoom in on that area though. I also agree on the side camera closest to St. Landry catching a wee part of the street. Yes, the trees are in the way but there is a sliver it could have caught.

But, as ACI has said previously, those cameras are inaccessible to us. LE knows what LE knows. Maybe she's on there, maybe not.

STOP!

Unless I have missed some MAJOR EVIDENCE, WHY are we even discussing Charlie's reaction to her SISTER'S disappearance???

FGS, people - Mickey is her SISTER. This is a VICTIM FRIENDLY FORUM. Families READ HERE.

Mind your manners and do it NOW.

A.C.I.

Was there anything found on the Taco Bell pics? Did the police check the cameras to see if she came down St Mary's on the way home?

The taco bell footage is all under lock and key by the LPD. I haven't seen it. But if they did travel down St. Mary on their way home there wouldn't be any footage anyway. There weren't any cameras with a useful view at all down St. Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc