LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have been injured like internally. The roadways throughout the entire area have not been swabbed for DNA I am almost certain.

That was my thought. Broken bones or visceral damage wouldn't leave anything behind.

I once had a closed head skull fracture, was hospitalized for over a week. No external signs of injury.

JMO...I don't think that is ugly at all. Jmo as a person who studies the brain and who has personally benefited tremendously from psychiatry and neuroscience, there's no shame in anxiolytics, antidepressants, etc etc. As you and others have said, the person is going through hell. Why not take advantage of modern medicine to alleviate your suffering? Some people say that those meds "just treat the symptoms, not the problem." Well, first of all that's not always true, and second...sometimes you gotta take care of some of the symptoms before you can address the problem. :twocents:

True, If something happened to one of my sisters or my child I would be self medicating with herbal meds from the get-go. ;)

LA

Something else I've been wondering about. Per chicken fried's reporter response about the bike location:

Posts snipped ...

It's a good 15- to 20-foot dropoff from the land to where the water is -- very steep and very rocky.
they said is that it was no more than 30 feet from the bank.

Could one man have heaved that 27 pound bike out 30 feet?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7995807&postcount=138"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7995973&postcount=187"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzimmer
Possibly familiar. But, what if he just knew of the exit and knew it was desolate. But not from the Acadiana area. He gets off there, but doesn't know exactly where to dump the bike. Will put it in the river if he can get close enough to the water. He feels exposed parking right there by the bridge. Never know if someone will drive by. The state patrol might periodically check it during the night. So, feeling exposed he drives a bit up the state highway and comes across a driveway. It IS the first driveway you pass. Its dark, no lights. No one home. Drives up to bank and heaves the bike into the water. The hauls *advertiser censored* back to I-10. It could have just been fortuitous.

If it was found where it shows on the map then the problem with happening upon this spot is he would have had to not be seen by people at a camp on Memorial Day weekend (although depending on the type of camp, may not have had people there...just makes sense there would), its the first camp there off the interstate, not sure I'd risk going down this posted driveway either...and more importantly the shoreline is quite far out - he would have had to 'heave' it 15-20 yards away from himself to get close to the water's edge...water could have been higher, but not enough to compensate I wouldn't think. It could still be 'luck' or happenstance though - I wonder if he went farther up State Rt 975 and threw it off somewhere closer to the edge and farther from the interstate...and somehow it did catch the current and landed where it was found.

Chicken is saying that map is OLD and INCORRECT. Disregard.

If damage to the wheel was all they found, they need to look closer!

This was just what LE released to the public BEFORE passing it on to the lab for further analysis. Not the same peeps! They may still have it, they may be done with it, we don't know.

Chicken is saying that map is OLD and INCORRECT. Disregard.

Thank you!! I definitely missed that - and its what I was getting at earlier - if that spot was correct, then this all makes even less sense and has to be more complicated.

No worries! The question was brought up because a poster upthread said she thinks that the perp might be reading and/or posting here.

Yes, I've thought that off & on.

I haven't read every page, my job keeps interfering.

Hey just dropping back in, and saw you're discussing the bike.

It's IMPORTANT TO NOTE that that I made that map BEFORE the reporter clarified it. I pressed her with a follow-up e-mail, quoted above and she insisted it was found directly under the bridge.

Now I am wondering - has any new into come out that the bike was 100 yds. north? Or is this based upon my old map? I need to redo the map unless someone else has come forward with the 100-yd. claim.

I got my info from a reporter who was there. But she may have been wrong.... as I understand it, she di NOT see the bike personally. It's very possible she gave the wrong description, even though she was there.....

LINK please, for the new info?

A poster above said there were reports that the bike was found 100 yards upstream of bridge. I don't know the source of his information. That led to speculation about how the bike was dumped.

Mamamia then posted a link to your map. And I posted it again. So this error is being propogated. If this is linking to a photo in your album, you might delete it to prevent it from being referenced again.

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened and certainly wouldn't be the last.

Something else I've been wondering about. Per chicken fried's reporter response about the bike location:

Posts snipped ...

Could one man have heaved that 27 pound bike out 30 feet?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

I'm sure with the adrenalin pumping a man could heave a whole lot out 30 feet!

True, If something happened to one of my sisters or my child I would be self medicating with herbal meds from the get-go. ;)

LA

Ah... Looks like someone took offense to my medication remark.

I think I'll skip those pages.

In the 21st century, taking anti-anxiety medication -AND I'M NOT SAYING ANYONE IS - during the worst time anyone can imagine should not be a shameful thing and mentioning it should not be considered a disparraging comment.

And that's the end of that for me.

I am new to sluething with no experience in this area.
From the time they found the bike I have thought that the notorious WB location was planned in advance. I am not a local but would imagine there are lots of places to dump a bike.
Many things make me think this was not a crime of opportunity but was planned in advance. Not the perp(s) first rodeo. If this is the case, IMO dumping the bike at WB is some kind of...I don't know what exactly but like a message to LE, or to shock and frighten people, or to remind them of DTL, or just to be creepy.

The water dropped 4 feet between Mickey's disappearance and the bike's discovery. I wonder if the water could have pulled it further into the channel as it receded.

And would the back tire be heaviest because of the rear brake caliper to probably land first, so damaged by the drop instead of the abduction/transport still works. Also, every time, I read if 2 perps were involved, I read it as (or 1 with a gun.) Never underestimate the willingness to submit to authority programmed into some of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!