LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was an adult. Adults are allowed to come and go as they please. Most police departments will not even allow a report to be filed until they are missing for 48 hours unless there is some extenuating circumstance where it looks like foul play has occurred.

I do find it strange that it took her family THAT long to even begin looking for her, much less contact the police.

They did start looking that morning.. They started calling/texting friend's. Then they went to the graduation expecting her to show up. She didn't- they called/contacted more friends and the police. The police told them to call all the local hospitals and more friends.
LE says they took it seriously right away and the 24/48hour thing is a myth- Chief Craft said that on NG but TS has said that he felt things could have gotten started that weekend instead if waiting til Monday.

I just learned Mickey was NOT seen on surveillance cameras on the second half of Brashear (past the traffic barriers). The footage was reviewed before the VOI's were named so its unknown if they were. The problem I ran across today is that many residences no longer have the footage from that night as the cameras only store 7 days of footage.

But at least we now know she didnt get onto Johnston from Brashear.

I just learned Mickey was NOT seen on surveillance cameras on the second half of Brashear (past the traffic barriers). The footage was reviewed before the VOI's were named so its unknown if they were. The problem I ran across today is that many residences no longer have the footage from that night as the cameras only store 7 days of footage.

But at least we now know she didnt get onto Johnston from Brashear.

BUT, she could have cut down Cherry from Brashear, then to St Mary's?

Attachments

• alternativeroutecherry.jpg
    alternativeroutecherry.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 19
  • cherrybrashear.jpg
    cherrybrashear.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 21
Seriously?? They always are.

Yep. They always show up on my FB about monthly. I used to be signed up to get an alert every time as well (FYI: I don't drink and drive and I always rode my bike from downtown to my house in the saint streets)... Some how they are ALWAYS publicized.

Edit: I generally hear when and WHERE the checkpoints are. They are accurate too because once I got stuck in one, annoying but I hadn't been drinking.

I hadn't heard before now that TES was returning. They did not update the active case section on their website to including the missing girl they went to locate in Meridian. Perhaps this means she ended up being a runaway or in some other situation and not something so unfortunate. Whatever the case may be, I'm glad that they are able to return now. I have thought since yesterday, based on something CS said, that closure will be near.

did TES really leave for a Mississippi missing person? I never caught the end of that story. Was there even a missing Mississippi person?

Hey! Didn't I read somewhere that they were going away because of now new evidence since the bike? And now they are back, eh?!

They have many members with different types of expertise when it comes to searches. It is likely a different group from TES.

And Tim Miller is not a quitter. He believed Robert Abel was responsible for his daughter's death and he made his life a living hell until he moved away and committed suicide.

I hadn't heard before now that TES was returning. They did not update the active case section on their website to including the missing girl they went to locate in Meridian. Perhaps this means she ended up being a runaway or in some other situation and not something so unfortunate. Whatever the case may be, I'm glad that they are able to return now. I have thought since yesterday, based on something CS said, that closure will be near.

Something CS said on camera or in person to you/the searchers?

:banghead: "The problem I ran across today is that many residences no longer have the footage from that night as the cameras only store 7 days of footage. " quoting ACI

They did start looking that morning.. They started calling/texting friend's. Then they went to the graduation expecting her to show up. She didn't- they called/contacted more friends and the police. The police told them to call all the local hospitals and more friends.
LE says they took it seriously right away and the 24/48hour thing is a myth- Chief Craft said that on NG but TS has said that he felt things could have gotten started that weekend instead if waiting til Monday.

I just don't buy it. If she was so reliable, they would've began freaking out when she was 10 minutes late. I am not saying they are involved. I am just saying that she may not have been as reliable and honest as they claim.

My eyes are filling with tears again...must be hormonal..

WORD OF MOUTH ABOUT MICKEY WILL NEVER DIE DOWN....IF THERE IS ONE THING I KNOW ABOUT G.R.I.T.S. ITS THAT THEY TALK A LOT .......AND FOR A LONG LONG TIME.

I think the main reason LE have stopped giving information publicly is because of social media. (Not WS though!)

Look what happened with the whole RM mess.

Because rumours and speculation can really mess up the investigation, I think in future cases we'll get the bare minimum info from LE.

In the Celis' case LE directly complained about rumours and speculation on social media sites.....

IMO, there have always been rumors and speculation connected to investigations, though, long before social media sites were a factor -- but I guess, yeah, "talk" is highly accelerated through social media.

lands at random.

My "t-boy" "research" shows that "t" might stand for "trailer" and the rampant stereotype that comes along with living in a trailer home in many places.

We learn as we go.

"T" means small, its a nick name of sorts, a cajun french thing;)

why in the world didn't they turn in that footage when then all went down??!!!

i know 3 people who have video cameras around their homes on Kenilworth (if you are familiar with Baton Rouge) and there were a 21 year old girl who had gone missing on any street in their neighborhood, not necessarily Kenilworth, I know they would be handing their video in immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member