LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an interesting angle that needs to be looked into.... people close to her need to be asked if she normally STOPPED on her bike to complete a call OR text message. If so, that particular Circle K store would have provided PLENTY of LIGHT for her to do so!

She also may have been braking and or stopping because of the fresh asphalt and not wanting that crap sticking to her tires or chance getting stuck in any way...

Here is an interesting angle that needs to be looked into.... people close to her need to be asked if she normally STOPPED on her bike to complete a call OR text message. If so, that particular Circle K store would have provided PLENTY of LIGHT for her to do so!

She also may have been braking and or stopping because of the fresh asphalt and not wanting that crap sticking to her tires or chance getting stuck in any way...
I'd also like to know because of her small stature, if she was able to plant her foot firmly on the groung when she stopped or just her tippy toes...

Garage, shed, backyard, camp... truck is hiding somewhere. MOO.

with all the white trucks around here, there really isn't any need to hide. IMO, he'd be smarter to just keep on drivin'. no one is questioning white z71s driving around anyway. as to the z71. i don't see that stamped on the truck

I'd have a lot more sympathy for him if he hadn't shined a big ol' spotlight on himself by killing a guy while driving under the influence a couple of years ago.

Not to say he "deserves" the negative attention he's getting now, but the fact remains -- he wouldn't be in this situation had the events of 2 years ago not taken place. Victim of his own doing, so-to-speak.

OT, but relevant: an accident north of Baton Rouge late last week, 4th DUI survived, he killed 5 people in the other vehicle, one of six still survives and one of the five was brain dead Sunday night I believe. The law will slap his hand and send him on his way, probably with a debit card for use at his bar or choice! Make me sick! I would hate to know that MS's mother would have to become a member of MADD!

The new moon is just after the dark of the moon. Darkest part of the moon cycle = can't see the moon at all. New moon (sliver of a crescent)...the moon is either waxing (getting bigger) or waning (getting smaller). Of course this terminology just means what it looks like to us from Earth (it's not really changing size).

"We give the parts of the moon cycle different names, according to how the moon appears to us. In order of appearance:"
  1. New (also called the Dark Moon) - not visible
http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_cycle.phtml

Call me confused then! :banghead:

I'd also like to know because of her small stature, if she was able to plant her foot firmly on the groung when she stopped or just her tippy toes...

Good point. I know at my height on my bike I use my tippy toes and sometimes must actually lean the bike a little.

That is being at 5 1.

I just compared the jpegs from chicken and the ones released. Can only state what I see. I do not see the white letters to the side which tends to make me believe that there was work done subsequent to those stills that were released.

ETA chickens link to jpegs

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22
Thanks for updating with the link. I agree that I don't see the "ONLY" lettering in the one where Mickey is riding. HOWEVER, the line of the asphalt against the pavement looks exactly the same. Including the wave.

CRAFT: No, we don`t know what time it was, and the video is such a poor quality because a lot of these cameras are actually located inside of businesses for the purpose of videoing inside the business, and so they might catch something on the outside but...

GRACE: Well, Chief, what I don`t understand why we don`t know what time it was because, I mean, the fact that somebody is going by on a bike at, say, 1:45 when she`s missing at 2:00 could have establish that she had made it that far, Chief Craft.

CRAFT: Well, in that particular video, though, the time was noted to be off in the business. So we can get it down to about within an hour, but that`s about the best we can do on that.

Is the chief a blithering moron or is he just F.O.S.?

They can use relative time to approximate (closely) the correct time of any camera. I find it hard to believe that they've never thought to do this.

How sure are we that she was at a full stop in the photo?

Hm..I saw a picture where she was riding her bike with no hands...and seemed comfortable doing so..a theory though is while dangerous...maybe she was going to text someone (I've seen people texting and riding bikes) took her hands off the handle bars and wasn't paying the best attention to the truck behind her and...well whatever happened, happened...Did she maybe have headphone on too possibly? who knows...:(

Ok. It clearly says that a white truck was captured on video on Versailles Blvd. At "around the same time Mickey was riding".

I thought that is what they were trying to say in the original police news release. But the wording was interpreted in two different ways.
I disagree. It says "Picture of a white truck caught on camera around the same time Mickey was riding. Police want to question the driver of this truck:" and then the picture of the truck on St. Landry.

"We give the parts of the moon cycle different names, according to how the moon appears to us. In order of appearance:"
  1. New (also called the Dark Moon) - not visible
http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_cycle.phtml

Call me confused then! :banghead:
My earlier response isn't linkable per se as it was probably based on something I learned in third grade and then forgot about for the next fifty years. Accuracy may be in doubt, lol.

The new moon is just after the dark of the moon. Darkest part of the moon cycle = can't see the moon at all. New moon (sliver of a crescent)...the moon is either waxing (getting bigger) or waning (getting smaller). Of course this terminology just means what it looks like to us from Earth (it's not really changing size).

New moon is all dark. Next phase is 3.5 days later, waxing crescent (sliver of light shaped like a banana). During those days leading from new moon to waxing crescent, a little more light shows each day on its right side.

--8th grade science teacher, Dallas.
--born, raised, and lived 38 years in Lafayette.

another noob here :)
maybe they were after her bike. things got out of hand and they had to get rid of it.

Yep, that's what it says, so, we have the wrong time on the Circle K pictures, apparently.

So.......

This could be major revision of the timeline. The distance from the photo on Versailles to the photo at Circle K is about 0.39 miles. This mysterious white truck passed about the same time as Mickey. If it is the Z-71, then he was trailing behind her at relatively slow speed for very nearly a half a mile. Good lord, you think she would be aware of that.

Good point. I know at my height on my bike I use my tippy toes and sometimes must actually lean the bike a little.

That is being at 5 1.
I'm wondering how stable she was when at a full STOP. AND who might have known that would be a good time to snatch her.
Someone else also asked if she usually stopped for lights or rode thru them.
That would be helpful to know as well...
(I'm thinking while riding alone late at night she might have just kept moving but I dunno!)

Honestly no one knows what she did when riding alone huh??
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members