LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-----------

Tell that to the families of victims of Bundy, for example. How many victims were there?

You know most ppl aren't serial killers, right? And in some places it is still considered quite normal for ppl to offer and accept rides and most of them don't get killed or attacked.

-----------

Tell that to the families of victims of Bundy, for example. How many victims were there?

And people have continued and will continue to do stupid risky things.

You can't stop it or legislate it. Stupid, dangerous things happen all the time.

There's nowhere else to chase this question without interviewing the young lady involved.

Let today be the day. I keep thinking of Mickey's parents and my heart hurts for them.

You know most ppl aren't serial killers, right? And in some places it is still considered quite normal for ppl to offer and accept rides and most of them don't get killed or attacked.

Well, that's your choice. And I wish you well. However, it is my understanding through researching crime and personal experience that most strangers who offer rides are not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

And that is why this guy bothers me so much....because the words came out of his mouth offering to buy sex. Those were his words (not hers), so that tells me the kind of person he is. Sure, he may have mistaken her for hinting for sex for money, but then he is still the kind of person that would do that.
I'm pretty darn sure if the young girl would have accepted the offer, then surely he would have proceeded to take her somewhere for sex. That is not the kind of individual I ever want to be around.

I appreciate all the points + counter-points. That is what is great about WS, and that is how we can narrow down things. The bottom line with this guy, is they need to find him, and at a minimum question him thoroughly. Similar truck, etc.
(whether he is involved or not).

JMO of course.

"bath salts" have been around for about 2 years in my area. They are scary as heck!! Here is a breakdown on what they are and what they may contain.
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/bath-salts-drug-dangers

By marketing them as bath salts and labeling them 'not for human consumption,' they have been able to avoid them being specifically enumerated as illegal,

Bath salt usage can cause agitation, paranoia, hallucinations, chest pain, suicidality. It’s a very scary stimulant that is out there. We get high blood pressure and increased pulse, but there’s something more, something different that’s causing these other extreme effects. But right now, there’s no test to pick up this drug. The only way we know if someone has taken them is if they tell you they have.

They often contain mephedrone or a similar chemical, which can cause agitation, psychosis, and stimulatory effects. Both of these agents should be of concern, as severe agitated behavior, like an amphetamine overdose, has occurred.

A second concern is the ongoing suicidality in these patients, even after the stimulatory effects of the drugs have worn off. There have been a few highly publicized suicides a few days after their use.

To me, this stuff is crazy scary!! I'd rather they legalize weed and use the millions revenue from selling it and fund the real "war on drugs" on carp like this and other dangerous stuff.

I really doubt there's any part of the US where hitchhiking is considered "normal". Maybe a bit more prevalent in some areas but nowhere (in America) where it's considered a perfectly acceptable form of transportation.

I really doubt there's any part of the US where hitchhiking is considered "normal". Maybe a bit more prevalent in some areas but nowhere (in America) where it's considered a perfectly acceptable form of transportation.

There are places that I have lived where ppl walking are always offered rides. This is MY experience.

And that is why this guy bothers me so much....because the words came out of his mouth offering to buy sex. Those were his words (not hers), so that tells me the kind of person he is. Sure, he may have mistaken her for hinting for sex for money, but then he is still the kind of person that would do that.
I'm pretty darn sure if the young girl would have accepted the offer, then surely he would have proceeded to take her somewhere for sex. That is not the kind of individual I ever want to be around.

I appreciate all the points + counter-points. That is what is great about WS, and that is how we can narrow down things. The bottom line with this guy, is they need to find him, and at a minimum question him thoroughly. Similar truck, etc.
(whether he is involved or not).

JMO of course.
Another thing, too, is that there are a lot of young people on bikes buying and selling drugs, and many girls who are so desperate for their drugs that they do sell themselves to get them.

I'm still not convinced this guy isn't from Baton Rouge.

I agree. I really wish LPD would get the local news stations here in BR to run pictures of the VOI. If the individual lives here, he is feeling little or no heat about it. We usually watch WAFB and their coverage has been almost non-existent.

I'd rather they legalize weed and use the millions revenue from selling it and fund the real "war on drugs" on carp like this and other dangerous stuff.

I'm afraid you're going to have to stop making sense, now. :rocker:

About a mile north from the LCG building on University, is the intersection with Cameron Street. This is know as "Four Corners".

Cameron is frequented with street walkers. I am not saying there is any conncection with Shunick's disappearance, unless the perp was also cruising Cameron. Which btw is closer to Ryan Street where she rode away from.

Early on, someone was asking if they were talking to the "hookers" who may have seen anything.

I'm pondering if this has been followed up with.

I agree. I really wish LPD would get the local news stations here in BR to run pictures of the VOI. If the individual lives here, he is feeling little or no heat about it. We usually watch WAFB and their coverage has been almost non-existent.

I wonder why they aren't running news broadcasts of this in Baton Rouge, that just makes no sense to me. Her bike was found smack dab between Baton Rouge and Lafayette, and it stands to reason he could be from either place.

I wonder if a reporter or whoever runs the Facebook and twitter accounts for the stations would see that the pics get posted online at the very least.

People's attention spans are so short.

"bath salts" have been around for about 2 years in my area. They are scary as heck!! Here is a breakdown on what they are and what they may contain.
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/bath-salts-drug-dangers

By marketing them as bath salts and labeling them 'not for human consumption,' they have been able to avoid them being specifically enumerated as illegal,

Bath salt usage can cause agitation, paranoia, hallucinations, chest pain, suicidality. It’s a very scary stimulant that is out there. We get high blood pressure and increased pulse, but there’s something more, something different that’s causing these other extreme effects. But right now, there’s no test to pick up this drug. The only way we know if someone has taken them is if they tell you they have.

They often contain mephedrone or a similar chemical, which can cause agitation, psychosis, and stimulatory effects. Both of these agents should be of concern, as severe agitated behavior, like an amphetamine overdose, has occurred.

A second concern is the ongoing suicidality in these patients, even after the stimulatory effects of the drugs have worn off. There have been a few highly publicized suicides a few days after their use.

To me, this stuff is crazy scary!! I'd rather they legalize weed and use the millions revenue from selling it and fund the real "war on drugs" on carp like this and other dangerous stuff.
A WS forum search of bath salts will bring up quite a few hits because it comes up often in the news and in various case discussions. After a young man committed suicide in St. Tammany last year I posted some information about the problem and the laws in Louisiana

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6049075&highlight=bath+salts#post6049075

About a mile north from the LCG building on University, is the intersection with Cameron Street. This is know as "Four Corners".

Cameron is frequented with street walkers. I am not saying there is any conncection with Shunick's disappearance, unless the perp was also cruising Cameron. Which btw is closer to Ryan Street where she rode away from.

Early on, someone was asking if they were talking to the "hookers" who may have seen anything.

I'm pondering if this has been followed up with.

I wonder would they even talk to cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member