LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We also have to remember that the perp had to take her to a place he felt very comfortable with. With the bike being found @ WB, he must have been very comfortable with this location and has probably been there many times. The problem is...there are so MANY secluded areas around Lafayette. Cahances are she won't be found anywhere close to the abduction site.

There are a bunch of storage lock-ups in town. Just thinking this is something that should be looked at, if it hasn't already.

This is from the TES website:
"Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case."

http://texasequusearch.org/report-a-person-missing/

TES said they like to get law enforcements permission before they go help on any case. But that in no way means they NEED their permission. So if LE ever advises someone not to get outside help (like a PI or TES or whomever).....oh well. That's not their child missing. And LE doesn't have the ability to devote all their attention to a case like outside help can. If you wait until the case has gone cold before getting that help, then chances are they're not going to find anything either. Its best to hire a PI or TES or Batman or whomever the hell you want to help right off the bat.

I am not convinced she didn't remain on St. Landry. There is some funny going on, a I remember early on LE talking about the blur caught from inside a building. IMO this may have been at 224, a two-building, two-story office complex with large, smoked, plate-glass windows on the second floor facing the street. These rooms in front at the top look like the CEO offices to me, and it's possible there was a camera in one of them pointing outward, or another cam hidden that I didn't see.

But then again, the blurry image could have come from the LCG drive-thru cam.

I don't know... The key is why she wasn't on the 216 footage, or maybe if somehow she WAS, and this was discovered AFTER the early press conference, and LE just decided to keep ot to their vest. I don't think we've been given all the cam info that LE has, and I'm not willing to rule out that she made it farther down St. Landry than people think.

There's something going on here that I can't put my finger on... and it's the key, of course to what her actual route was.

I keep going back to 224 with the google walkin man. It would have been mostly vacant and pretty dark at that time.

concentric, I am aware that your post was directed at Chicken fried, but here is the explanation;

The subject came up on the last thread concerning whether FB would reveal pms etc. to LE. This was the topic discussed for several posts by various posters. This was offered only as an fyi, for those who were interested and wanted to research Bradbury's works & predictions.

No harm, no fowl..
------------
Bolded the above. Ha, you mean, foul, as in fowl, a chicken. I get it.

I think it's cool that Chicken Fried referenced Bradbury on the day of Bradbury's death.

There's a little ESP or something on my mother's side of the family. People who know me know that odd coincidences surround me. I'm not talking psychic stuff here; but I seem to have a good "nose" for things. When I work hard on a subject, like pulling the right book off the shelf at the courthouse by chance that would have taken others three hours to find, I often stumble onto things right away that others miss. I'm hoping that that trait makes me stumble onto something that will help find Mickey.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto/0/

06/01/2012 06:28 PM by Alex Labat

For eight days Texas EquuSearch helped the Shunick Family try to find answers as to where Mickey could be
Miller can't stay in one place for too long, because his work is never done.

Even though Texas EquuSearch is leaving, they're leaving behind the hope that Mickey Shunick could be found."

Tim Miller knows the dangers of giving up on a case.

"I gave up on Elizabeth Smart, and guess what Elizabeth was certainly found alive. And so we'll hold on to that small, little sliver of hope."

_____

Miracles DO Happen!..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGoqqmOtlPo"]Missing Children - Miracles DO Happen - YouTube[/ame]

I'm on an iPhone now so looking a google is hard for me. If this has already been discussed, sorry, it's hard to keep track- is it St Julien that's behind OLOL & ends at tatoo parlor after that dismal topography?

To the end of Cherry, then turn left onto Mildred. Mildred ends at Johnston. Tattoo place is at the end of Mildred. That's where the guard rails are that I asked about earlier.

JMO, but I would be very surprised if a man who made it a habit to tell women that he trolled for pretty girls would abduct one a few months later...especially telling this to a girl he obviously intended, and did, let go without incident. She could easily have taken his plate number, for all he knew, and I am not sure why she didn't, anyway.

Agreed. Not a terribly smooth criminal.

If she remains near the abduction site, it's possible that by now cadaver dogs may be able to alert, if she's not still alive and being held. This has happened... Jaycee Dugard, etc.

Jaycee was 11 yrs old!
I do not think she is being held anywhere!
JMO

There's a little ESP or something on my mother's side of the family. People who know me know that odd coincidences surround me. I'm not talking psychic stuff here; but I seem to have a good "nose" for things. When I concentrate hard on a subject, I often stumble onto things right away that others miss. I'm hoping that that trait makes me stumble onto something that will help find Mickey.

I call that Hyper Intuition

It's handy.

concentric, I am aware that your post was directed at Chicken fried, but here is the explanation;

The subject came up on the last thread concerning whether FB would reveal pms etc. to LE. This was the topic discussed for several posts by various posters. This was offered only as an fyi, for those who were interested and wanted to research Bradbury's works & predictions.

No harm, no fowl..

Think I messed up the quote...

If I understand right, late last night people were talking about Ray Bradbury (as mentioned above), but then this morning it was announced he died.

doodoodoodoo

Agreed. Not a terribly smooth criminal.

Still, worth considering because he may have just been building up confidence to abduct someone. He may also have been building up a lot of frustration and then finally snapped on the night he encountered M.S. I really wish LE would track him down, even if it's just to rule him out.

Had this weird thought.

They had a business hit by a car on Johnston, it's been boarded up since.

Possible search area?

I'm on an iPhone now so looking a google is hard for me. If this has already been discussed, sorry, it's hard to keep track- is it St Julien that's behind OLOL & ends at tatoo parlor after that dismal topography?

If you take a left onto St. Julien from St Landry that would be right on the side of the old OLOL hospital parking lot. St. Julien would take you to Johnston and there is no tattoo parlor there.

Think I messed up the quote...

If I understand right, late last night people were talking about Ray Bradbury (as mentioned above), but then this morning it was announced he died.

doodoodoodoo

You just saw a demonstration of what I'm talking about. My hope is that this little whatever it is that I seem to have will kick in in this case, and if I press hard enough, I will stumble upon the answer.

I agree with lindsayw. I think the LE agents already know who they are looking for, already have the person or will have him soon. This would explain the lack of updates and feed we are getting. Perhaps now TE is coming in to "pick up the pieces" so to speak. Looking for corroborating evidence.

I am not convinced she didn't remain on St. Landry. There is some funny going on, a I remember early on LE talking about the blur caught from inside a building. IMO this may have been at 224, a two-building, two-story office complex with large, smoked, plate-glass windows on the second floor facing the street. These rooms in front at the top look like the CEO offices to me, and it's possible there was a camera in one of them pointing outward, or another cam hidden that I didn't see.

But then again, the blurry image could have come from the LCG drive-thru cam.

I don't know... The key is why she wasn't on the 216 footage, or maybe if somehow she WAS, and this was discovered AFTER the early press conference, and LE just decided to keep ot to their vest. I don't think we've been given all the cam info that LE has, and I'm not willing to rule out that she made it farther down St. Landry than people think.

There's something going on here that I can't put my finger on... and it's the key, of course to what her actual route was.

Or what about the Sterling Life building (700 block St. Landry)? Someone here said that their camera was inside and didn't catch anything on the street. (A.C.I. - can you confirm?) Sure is similar to story that Chief told NG. The reason I'm not letting this go, as I've posted twice before, is that I myself watched (on Sunday afternoon 5/26) as a plain clothes detective and a uniformed LE officer searched the very side of the road at that corner and also the sidewalk there. I saw them walk back and forth to their vehicles a couple of times, but I didn't see whether they actually found or picked up anything.

From: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/28/ng.01.html

Joining me right now is another special guest. This is Joy Patterson. Her daughter was approached by this white male in a white vehicle very similar to that vehicle seen in the Mickey surveillance video.

Ms. Patterson, thank you for being with us. What does your daughter say happened?

JOY PATTERSON, DAUGHTER RODE IN SUSPECT VEHICLE (via telephone): Well, my daughter was going home from a doctor`s appointment at 2:00 o`clock in the afternoon on South College Drive (ph), and the man gave her a ride to Walgreen`s six blocks -- about six blocks down the street.

And during the ride, the man -- she told the man that she was looking for work (INAUDIBLE) When she`s about to exit the vehicle, he tells her (INAUDIBLE) having sex with him for $80. During the course of the ride, he also told her that he likes to go driving around Lafayette, looking for pretty young girls to pick up.

She wasnt approached by this man for sex she accepted a ride with him.
My thinking is she accepted a ride with a complete male stranger maybe he could get lucky. If this man was going to rape her she wouldnt be talking about it she was IN HIS CAR!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member