LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt some college student just cut himself open and start taking out his insides?
My son showed me that one!

My 24 yr old son showed me that one too. LOL

He and my DD are convinced it is going to be a Zombie Apocolypse coming soon.

I agree with katydid. Getting into a strange man's truck and saying you need money can be misinterpreted as an offer. Like, that is essentially how prostitution works even if the victim wasn't thinking that way at ALL.
I think it is a leap to say it is natural to go from offering a girl money for sex to violently attacking raping and murdering someone. If every man who ever offered money to a woman for sex was a violent murdering rapist a LOT more women would be dead right now. A LOT.
Of course, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be checked out. He could have snapped. I just don't like getting tunnel vision either way whether it be a truck or a possibly unrelated incident that happened months ago.

didnt some college student just cut himself open and start taking out his insides?

I read that somewhere. Where is this stuff coming from? I didn't think it could be sold anywhere in Louisiana anymore!?

IDK. The major thing that makes me think it probably isn't this guy is the time. The other girl was picked up at 2 in the afternoon. Unless he went home and planned out an entirely different scenario, maybe hoping to encounter an intoxicated girl walking/riding a bike at closing time?

IMO, JMO, MOO

I don't think it's the same guy either, but I thought they said Mickey hadn't been drinking that night? The previous night, yes, but not that night? Or has new information surfaced recently?

My 24 yr old son showed me that one too. LOL

He and my DD are convinced it is going to be a Zombie Apocolypse coming soon.

My son is 24 also and he said the same thing about the zombies!

there was another one somewhere,,, its really horrific!

I read that somewhere. Where is this stuff coming from? I didn't think it could be sold anywhere in Louisiana anymore!?

Just because it can't be legally sold, doesn't mean it's not here.

Actually, in my eyes, this old perv in the pick up is one of the ONLY people I would clear of this crime. He had a pretty girl in his truck and he let her out, safely.

Sometimes predators don't harm every potential victim.

I can't remember which serial killer it was, but there was one who would judge girls by their demeanor after they got into his vehicle whether or not he would hurt and kill them. For example, if a girl would act nervous, he would kill her, but if a girl remained calm and seemed trusting, he would let her go.

IDK. The major thing that makes me think it probably isn't this guy is the time. The other girl was picked up at 2 in the afternoon. Unless he went home and planned out an entirely different scenario, maybe hoping to encounter an intoxicated girl walking/riding a bike at closing time?

IMO, JMO, MOO

He just seems to me, to be more of an old lazy perv. I bet he gets enough thrills from meeting girls and flashing $. And there are plenty of young college aged girls willing to accept his cash. He has no need to kidnap and kill anyone.

I might be wrong. But I don't think he showed any aggression or violence towards the girl who reported him. She never called LE, and if he was really frightening and scary, she probably would have, imo.

I think that he thought she might be open to his offer, since she said she was broke and looking for 'work.'

Curious how the use of this stuff causes others to bite people in the face, like a dog!?

These are the exact reasons why I do not think bath salts had anything to do with this case. This drug doesn't turn you into a person who is capable of planning and executing a successful kidnapping/accident/whoknowswhat.

Bath salts make someone think they have super human strength and act in ways that are bizarre and unthinkable.

I have no idea!
Never thought anything about bath salts!

Epson salts? can they use that or is it just bath salts?

Yes, we need to be on the lookout for a naked man chewing on a piece of face.

(PLEASE don't take this as disrespect... just trying to make light of a crazy situation. My friends and I were just talking about the insanity of bath salt users and a crazy naked man walking around NOLA.)

There's a great Bill Cosby/bath salt meme currently floating around the interwebs. I'm talking "spit-your-drink-out-in-laughter" funny.

These are the exact reasons why I do not think bath salts had anything to do with this case. This drug doesn't turn you into a person who is capable of planning and executing a successful kidnapping/accident/whoknowswhat.

Bath salts make someone think they have super human strength and act in ways that are bizarre and unthinkable.

What if she took some and od'd?

IMO the bike gets dinged up when it is dropped into WB. There is a 20 - 30 ft drop from the bank into WB.

I agree.
To add to that, IMO the perp planned on disposing of the bike and MS at that location but upon the perp seeing the bike ding on the drop down, he decided it would not be a good place to drop the body (may not make it all the way to the water) so he chose an alternate nearby location for MS.

For those that have seen the drop...would there be concern that a body might get hung up on something on the way down? TIA

I've never done bath salts or seen anyone do them but from what I understand, the instances of canibalism and other crazy stuff is when it has a bad reaction on the user. If the user is having hallucinations and is on a bad trip like these reported cases, it's doubtful he can cruise around looking for a girl and accomplish such a clean crime.

If the guy was on drugs and they played a factor, I'd put my money on meth. When Andrew Cunanan went on his binge, he supposedly was on meth and went days if not weeks without sleeping. When used over a period of time with little to no sleep, it can cause paranoia, delusions, anger, weird stuff.

I heard on the news report on bath salts that the salts cause irrevocable damage to the brain immediately...

These are the people we elect to Congress and the Presidency.

I agree with katydid. Getting into a strange man's truck and saying you need money can be misinterpreted as an offer. Like, that is essentially how prostitution works even if the victim wasn't thinking that way at ALL.
I think it is a leap to say it is natural to go from offering a girl money for sex to violently attacking raping and murdering someone. If every man who ever offered money to a woman for sex was a violent murdering rapist a LOT more women would be dead right now. A LOT.
Of course, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be checked out. He could have snapped. I just don't like getting tunnel vision either way whether it be a truck or a possibly unrelated incident that happened months ago.

Sex for money occurs all day, every day, all over the world.

I agree that if every man who solicited sex for money rapidly progressed to murder, we'd have more murderers than blades of grass.

I have no idea!
Never thought anything about bath salts!

Epson salts? can they use that or is it just bath salts?

It's 'special' bath salts, not meant for bathing! Just sold under the guise of bath salts. LIke I'm gonna go to the corner gas station for my bath salts, NOT!

He just seems to me, to be more of an old lazy perv. I bet he gets enough thrills from meeting girls and flashing $. And there are plenty of young college aged girls willing to accept his cash. He has no need to kidnap and kill anyone.

I might be wrong. But I don't think he showed any aggression or violence towards the girl who reported him. She never called LE, and if he was really frightening and scary, she probably would have, imo.

I think that he thought she might be open to his offer, since she said she was broke and looking for 'work.'
I flip flop with this guy.

<<<<edit>>>>>>>>>>>

Katy...I love when we're looking at the same case!:rocker:

Why would a young girl get in a vehicle with a strange man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne