LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday TES was going to be in Lafayette but got called out last minute on something else. Does anyone think this could be it? Do we know where TES went.

I am with you here!
Very CURIOUS!

Anyone know how long it takes for DNA results to come back, correct me if im wrong but thats the only way you can to ID the torso. Hopefully whoever she is, it closes the door on a missing daughter, mom, sister etc someplace and gets the family some kind of closure

I agree with LOP. It definitely could be her. I hope to God its not and I hurt for whoever she is. It's a 3hr drive from Lafayette. :(

I requested that KLFY and KATC check out the information KLOX is reporting.

According to TES website, they are in Jasper County, TX searching for a missing man...

Anyone know how long it takes for DNA results to come back, correct me if im wrong but thats the only way I can to ID the torso. Hopefully whoever she is, it closes the door on a missing daughter, mom, sister etc someplace and gets the family some kind of closure

Jaren Lockhart, missing in New Orleans, is reported to have tattoos covering most of her body.

DNA testing, about a week, I think.

Yesterday TES was going to be in Lafayette but got called out last minute on something else. Does anyone think this could be it? Do we know where TES went.

Believe someone mentioned a search for a drowning victim, but I don't have a link.

I'm sure one of those 'helpful' commenters on Charlie's fb has posted a link. I'm not going to go look.

Anyone know how long it takes for DNA results to come back, correct me if im wrong but thats the only way you can to ID the torso. Hopefully whoever she is, it closes the door on a missing daughter, mom, sister etc someplace and gets the family some kind of closure

Tattoos, birthmarks, moles,etc. can also be used for identification.would make it 100% though.
DNA

I don't particularly care what class she's in, she's still someone's loved one.

Agreed. I'm just shocked by the amount of attention (or should I say lack of attention) Jaren's case has gotten since she went missing a few days ago versus the amount of attention Mickey's case had by say the Monday after she went missing. Just seems to me women who go missing who aren't middle class are widely ignored. And that's so wrong and infuriating. I hope all of us who are here for Mickey and were brought here for Mickey will also contribute time to sleuthing for Jaren as well as the Jenning's SK's victims (for example, if the Jennings women were 8 middle class ladies, the whole state would have been screaming for years that the SK had to be caught). I may have worded it wrong, but I was trying to say that every missing woman, regardless of class, race, etc, deserves the kind of attention that Mickey has gotten.

The first time TES left, it was to look for a missing girl in MS. They never put an update about that case on their website, IIRC. I wonder if there was a tip about Mickey that sent them there. I don't want this to be Mickey, I don't want this to be anyone...it's such a tragedy for this woman and her family, whoever this is.

Having only a torso surely would delay the ID. It would however, be reported and give the perp time to get out of dodge! I hope the perp has a LE tail on him and gets caught whoever she is!
A female torso could be identified by DNA, Tattoos and breast implants as well (Jasmine Fiore' was ID'd by implants)
Not saying this is MS or that MS had implants
jus sayin...

Do they have any evidence in the cab's logs for the evening? That should be easily verified. If not, the boyfriend better have himself a credible alibi.

they could id her by her tattoos. the article said she had tattoos all over her body.

eta: redundant

Agreed. I'm just shocked by the amount of attention her case has gotten since she went missing a few days ago versus the amount of attention Mickey's case had by say the Monday after she went missing. Just seems to me women who go missing who aren't middle class are widely ignored. And that's so wrong and infuriating. I hope all of us who are here for Mickey and were brought here for Mickey will also contribute time to sleuthing for Jaren as well as the Jenning's SK's victims (for example, if the Jennings women were 8 middle class ladies, the whole state would have been screaming for years that the SK had to be caught).

Well let's just hope they produce more news than they have on her at the moment, it's terrible!!

That can't be Mickey, no way a body would float that far, unless it was tossed much further down I 10, nope. God Bless whoever this soul is, and their family.

All of the sediment coming out of the Mississippi River flows west... resulting in the better beaches in Mississippi, Alabama, Florida... an item would have to go against all of that and cross the mouth of the river to end up there... I just don't see that being possible.

I agree..Magnum PI but then again, I think Macgyver is what I'm picturing!!(yep, age is showing!!)

Does Jaren Lockhart have a thread on WS? She may look like she lived a rougher lifestyle than Mickey (and the location of the boyfriend's house and her job is troublesome), but I hope her disappearance gets as many people concerned and the same amount of attention as Mickey's. Every missing person deserves this, whether middle class or not.

ETA: I don't believe her disappearance has anything to do with Mickey's, just hope she also gets attention.

Agree. You can bet that anyone living in the 2400 block of Tulane Ave and working in the 300 block of Bourbon St. is living a hard life, but probably the best she can do! Sad, I hope she is ok.

There is a 19-year woman missing from Mobile, AL and her uncle, who she was visiting last, has since committed suicide...:( Brittney Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129