LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link please? I've never heard LE say that they were different.

Gosh, I don't know where the link is but I read it both here and on a link. There are about a bazillion posts.

http://kpel965.com/mickey-shunick-update-lafayette-police-rule-out-two-vehicles-of-interest/

Police continue to seek information on the newer model white 4-door Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck that police say traveled in the same direction of Mickey while she was riding her bicycle on St. Landry Street. Authorities continue to investigate.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

One person called one LEO who said it was the same truck. Not all LE is informed. I had some telling me they found the body and then later on found out it was a log.......DAYS after that incident occured. Theyre not all in the field and not all informed and a lot are just as gossipy as the rest of the public. LE says its the same truck in their original press release so we have to just go with that. But if you don't think it is....call in any Chevy Z71 with a chrome gas cap. Problem solved

Edit: So for all who think the truck pics in front of circle K are the same truck, that's fine. Simply keep an eye out for Chevy Z71's with a chrome gas cap.

So this means there were originally 4 vehicles of interest, because theres no way a truck with a bed cover is the same as the truck without a bed cover......unless it too disappeared into thin air.

If you go back you'll find tons of entire threads that talk only about white trucks. You can :deadhorse: til your hearts content

But also remember, due to the angle of the truck on university and the reflection on the side of the truck, you cant really tell if theres a chrome gas cap. You can't even really make out the door handles. Also keep in mind, these are pictures. LE has the actual video and they say it's the same truck

have you seen any portion of these videos that LE has regarding the vehicles?

Wow, now that's an evil theory. But why? Why would one or, more unlikely two, stable workers want to do that to someone like MS? She's described as being quiet, or more quiet than her sister, kind and gentle, self focused (by that I mean focused on her interests versus gossipy stuff) and dedicated to those and what she loves. (forgive me for going back and forth with the past and present tense - it's difficult to keep a voice in present tense).

There was something about my physical look that, when I was younger, caused people to mistake me for being aloof which was far from the truth (someone told me this so I know it to be true). Could MS have some kind of characteristic, whether true or not, that caused her to come off in a way that peeved others when they didn't know her? Like stable workers? As in attitude - like do your work and leave me alone or was she friendly and chatty with them? See where I'm going with this?

Some people like trucks but I like psychology.

Haha, me too.

I gave off an aloof or snobby vibe when I was younger. Some people thought I didn't socialize much because I thought I was too good for them. In reality, I was shy and competitive, I loved learning, and I was in treatment for a mental illness. Nothing to do with them at all. I just was more interested in school stuff than in talking to the people sitting by me in class. Same in sports...I was there to do my best and compete, not chat it up. So I felt awkward and shy around the people who teased me for being focused, nerdy, uptight, what have you, and since they seemed not to care about what mattered to me...and I didn't understand what mattered to them...I was all business and people took it personally. Fortunately for me, I blossomed in college, but ive heard thru the grapevine that high school people still remember me as snooty. In retrospect i have to laugh because in reality I had so much shame about myself and how I was different from them...like I was the only one whose s... stank!

Sorry for the rambling personal story.

Anyhow, since I realized what a disconnect there was between how I felt and how people saw me when I was the quiet one, I've found quite a few people who had the same experience. I think your idea is really interesting.

If you go back you'll find tons of entire threads that talk only about white trucks. You can :deadhorse: til your hearts content
I agree and I'm done with the WT discussion for now anyway. I think it's a moot point without further information from LE. Not to mention the odds of finding THE truck seem slim to none due to the sheer number we have in the Acadiana area (if the driver even lives in this area).

Nope. They blackbagged all the footage and put it under lock and key

since they "blackbagged" everything, how do we know for sure that its even a video at all? why cant it be snapshots when something passes a certain spot? (ex: mickey riding, truck passing)
we all assume that its a long video, when it could just be a ton of snapped images.
the released shots seemed to be from very similar locations on the street.

its so hard when we have nothing to work with......at all.....and probably ever.
makes you second-guess everyone and everything you know.

and if it was actually a video, they should have released a pic of the truck without it being partially blocked by the sign. that way we couldve seen the entire truck.

First

BUMP

these threads have gotten, or needed.

Hope it's the last!

i just think they could release some different images from the video?
how do we even know she crossed university from st. john?
is there a possibility she went down west convent street for some reason to university then turned on st landry?
people say they know her usual route, but maybe she did feel to take her usual route that night.

and if it was actually a video, they should have released a pic of the truck without it being partially blocked by the sign. that way we couldve seen the entire truck.

If you look at the city of Lafayette traffic cameras they aren't continuous video. They just capture a pic every second or two:

http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/traffic_cameras.aspx

So if the government center cameras are the same then the pic of the truck they released may be the only decent picture it.

since they "blackbagged" everything, how do we know for sure that its even a video at all? why cant it be snapshots when something passes a certain spot? (ex: mickey riding, truck passing)
we all assume that its a long video, when it could just be a ton of snapped images.
the released shots seemed to be from very similar locations on the street.

The .gif originally posted by poster.. I think it was Wadalo.... seems to indicate all three: MS and the two WTs line up along an invisible line across St. Landry.

Attachments

• 2942on9.gif
    2942on9.gif
    877.4 KB · Views: 60
Gosh, I don't know where the link is but I read it both here and on a link. There are about a bazillion posts.

http://kpel965.com/mickey-shunick-update-lafayette-police-rule-out-two-vehicles-of-interest/

Police continue to seek information on the newer model white 4-door Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck that police say traveled in the same direction of Mickey while she was riding her bicycle on St. Landry Street. Authorities continue to investigate.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

This is why I think the whole debate of whether both pics of the truck on Landry are the same truck. It was mentioned here and then it was reported incorrectly/incompletely which led to everyone here assuming that they are different regardless of what LE has told us.

The article you both link to and quote is not Lafayette Law Enforcement. It's a reporter who is very sloppy by not mentioning the other picture of the same white truck which was seen coming back towards University. This type of incomplete reporting is fuel for the gossip to begin.

Anyone know if LE identified or spoke to the two guys getting gas in the dark car as Mickey passed? Not that they would necessarily be a suspect but because they may have seen her and anyone near her. Quite certain that most gas stations have cameras that allow them to record the license plates. ....that's how they track down people that don't pay or use stolen credit cards.

Seems as though two guys would notice a pretty girl riding by at such an hour.

Haha, me too.

I gave off an aloof or snobby vibe when I was younger. Some people thought I didn't socialize much because I thought I was too good for them. In reality, I was shy and competitive, I loved learning, and I was in treatment for a mental illness. Nothing to do with them at all. I just was more interested in school stuff than in talking to the people sitting by me in class. Same in sports...I was there to do my best and compete, not chat it up. So I felt awkward and shy around the people who teased me for being focused, nerdy, uptight, what have you, and since they seemed not to care about what mattered to me...and I didn't understand what mattered to them...I was all business and people took it personally. Fortunately for me, I blossomed in college, but ive heard thru the grapevine that high school people still remember me as snooty. In retrospect i have to laugh because in reality I had so much shame about myself and how I was different from them...like I was the only one whose s... stank!

Sorry for the rambling personal story.

Anyhow, since I realized what a disconnect there was between how I felt and how people saw me when I was the quiet one, I've found quite a few people who had the same experience. I think your idea is really interesting.

Same experience here. People thought I was stuck up or didn't like them, but I was shy, aloof, and scared to be emotionally hurt by befriending people without knowing them well first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne