LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A sex crime where she was stabbed and killed. So to cover up the crime he did what he did to JL...I don't see any connection that would have to Mickey

'The sifting screen being carried by the investigator into the yard of their residence, Speak's transient history, lengthy record including violent felonies and sex crimes is very concerning'.

Police said the man has used many aliases across the country. He was arrested under the name of Terry Speaks. He is 39-years-old.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...14800124/-/kdly2jz/-/index.html#ixzz1xiIBr4PD

----- Okay... kick me in the head if this is too far off... but is this a white truck in the taped off area at the JL's POI's house....

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/-/9853400/14806856/-/laaippz/-/index.html

Could someone explain the difference between an "endangered runaway" and a "missing person". How do they determine that someone ran away as opposed to being taken? TIA

Could someone explain the difference between an "endangered runaway" and a "missing person". How do they determine that someone ran away as opposed to being taken? TIA

If the person is believed to have run away either b/c they left a note saying so, took personal belongings with them, they have had history of running away, or told someone something to that effect, they are more likely to be considered an endangered runaway.

'The sifting screen being carried by the investigator into the yard of their residence, Speak's transient history, lengthy record including violent felonies and sex crimes is very concerning'.

Police said the man has used many aliases across the country. He was arrested under the name of Terry Speaks. He is 39-years-old.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...14800124/-/kdly2jz/-/index.html#ixzz1xiIBr4PD

Does anyone here following the JL case know what the suspects drive?

Here's my theory:

I think it was a crime that was planned by 2 people who knew her route. I think they watched her enough times and were able to give some thought as to how they'd carry it out. Perhaps one was on foot and distracted her so she'd stop, while another was in a vehicle.

If her bike had been left on the street, then I'd lean towards it being only one person. But since her bike was taken as well, I think 2 people were involved.

That sent chills down my spine. Have always thought the perp may have been attracted to Mickey because of her size, thinking perhaps she was in her early teens. Ughh, I cannot even finish that thought...

:please:

I know! :please: Praying daily

Does anyone here following the JL case know what the suspects drive?

Haven't seen or heard with the exception of the truck in the driveway at their house. They were arrested in Tangipahoa Parish so I would assume their car was taken from there for processing.

hi alll
just wanted to say alll yalll are great ..... but you know that........keep on keeping on

That does look like a WT in the driveway. Does anyone here know if that would be the same kind of WT in Mickey's case? All WT's look the same to me

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...illmans-corner-al-she-went-missing-near-i-10/

this is a good read and worth it, since this thread is kinda dead
I'm bumping this again.

I have scrolled past pages of off topic speculation and rumors.

I have truly appreciated much hard work by many locals who have worked long and hard to cover many bases.

This link that megmono posted seems more pertinent to me than much of what I've read. Many good, valid points have come forward. And much hard work by several locals.

I don't think this should be overlooked. JMHO.

"Yet One More Petite Blonde Female Goes Missing This Time It Is 19 Year Old Brittany Nicole Wood from Tillmans Corner AL, She Went Missing Near I-10."

Louisiana Police: Missing Student Mickey Shunick Not Tied To Any Of the Other Missing Petite Blonde Female Unsolved Cases, Oh Really? Mickey Shunick went missing on May 19th and cops have no person of interest of concrete leads. Mickey Shunick’s bike was found under a Interstate 10 bridge 27 miles from where she was last seen on surveillance cameras at about 2:00 am. Louisiana Police say there are no links to any other cases, oh really?

Newsflash for the Louisiana Police, when a possible kidnapped victim’s bike is found under a I-10 bridge heading East out of your jurisdiction you might want to expand your search area to the surrounding states and contact FBI profilers about similar unsolved ”missing petite blonde females who all are about the same size, age and all look alike."

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...illmans-corner-al-she-went-missing-near-i-10/

:twocents:

Okay, for the locals here. Should we call? Write letters? Email? Show up at the PD? Would they just shoo us away? I think we are supposed to have faith in them to do their job, and that appears to be what Charlie wants the public to do, but I do understand those who are saying it would be nice to at least hear from them periodically.
What about involving students? Start w/ anthropology dept, rest of liberal arts, see how deans, admin react? Or is it other way around? Grass roots? Moms? There's a European movement which I think began in the Congo. I think it's Million Women Rise. Saw them on BBC..impressive bunch.

:worms: I can at least state my theories on the perp profile/profiles. I have a few...If it were an accident, such as she was accidentally hit bc someone was flipping through their ipod or drunk or whatever....i think the person would be a college aged male. the good ole boys around here could surely lift her and the bike to conceal in the truck...and a lot of college boys around here drive big trucks. i think this person would have a lot to lose. maybe they are in school and knew they would be going to jail if caught + miss out on school/scholership whatever. the person probably does not have children. (if accident) this person would have to have a level of dissattachment to be more concerned with not getting in trouble than mickey's family (assuming it was fatal). also, i work in a hospital and it takes practice to know someone is definitely dead. (note: just bc there was no blood found means nothing...i see alot of ppl who were in wrecks etc and a lot of them will die from internal bleeding which wouldnt have left blood on the scene) the point being that this person chose not to bring her to the hospital knowing there was a slight chance she wasnt dead (which could further more be supported -if this is how it happened- since there was no blood found anywhere). how would they know she wasnt in a coma? a person with kids would have a harder time doing something like this to such a young girl (anyone would have a hard time but you know what im saying) if they were just a normal person who hit her on accident. Another theory is a male/female couple. the PI thinks 2 people did it. Who is the only person who would help you cover up something like that? your squeeze. this person might have 2 strikes and will go back to jail...which the gf cant bare so she helps him and she wouldve been with him when it happened. more likely that a male did it and the female helped cover...bc females are more nuts like that. they are more likely to go greater lengths to keep their man outta jail than vice versa. the college boy's gf would be too young/naive and would prolly crack and rat after a couple of days if she even had the guts to help cover, which i doubt. i wouldnt imagine this couple would be serious enough for that kind of dedication and i also doubt a college kid would have a long rap sheet. so she would just be covering for him to not dissapoint parents/have to quit college...not enough motivation. how about 2 men? they would both have to be cons for a guy to go to such sick lengths to protect his friend if it were just an accident. 2 or 1 drug addict/s? drug addicts are usually sloppy. i believe they wouldve been caught by now. if it wasnt an accident-ok if the perp wanted to kidnapp/harm a girl enough to carry it out he wouldve done some planning in his mind. why kidnapp a girl with a bike? you dont want to leave ANY eveidence..so he would know that he had to remove her and all belongings in order to not get caught. which makes me think he wouldnt have selected a girl on a bike. he also wouldve taken time to take the bike apart to dispose so no one would ever find it. why throw in whiskey bay so half hazzardly? easy exit to pick out btw...just go a few miles and pick a dark exit with no fast food/attraction signs and bingo. looks like more of a quick ditch to me in a panic w/o much thought. i also think this person wouldve had a van. if he grabbed her there has to be a motivation. if it were to rape her....he would need a van so he could do it in private and keep her from getting away. just to kill her for fun? seriously doubt. kidnapp for sex trade? possibly....but the bike is an added hassle for a business as calculated and experienced as the sex trade industry...there is so much money involved...they definitely have a formula for not getting caught and i dont think they would pick a girl on a bike. you cant just kidnapp a girl and look up sex traders in the phone book...this person would have a boss and wouldve been given instructions probably. ok guys...sorry about the novel i wrote lol. i was just trying to speculate several possibilities regarding the psychological profile for each scenerio. i know the grammar/typing is awful...just easier to get my thoughts out as they come. if we talk about this kind of stuff it may lead to more ideas for searching!!

also, these are just my gut intuitions and could defintely be wrong assumptions. plus i know there are a ton of scenerios i didnt even cover...look forward to hearing ideas from you guys!!

I have been following this faithfully from the first thread..
here is what I think...just based on what little is known..
I don't think this was just a "hit and run" accident..there would be sloppy parts if there were...
Someone probably knew her - whatever slim little moment they met her - it was decided....
They followed through and picked the opportune time...
They may have only briefly known her...
this would make it even more opportune for them...
Sadly I lost a beautiful girl to a murderer who picked her for her long blonde hair...
We would not have guessed he was the perpetrator if he had done what he intended to do the first night he tried..... (maybe like Mickey)..
No one would have put two and two together....
I just feel that this was someone who targeted Mickie...was able to "get her".. before anyone knew of his obsession - and now he thinks he has gotten away with the crime...just thoughts....
God Bless the Shunicks and all of us who pray for Mickey...

I'm bumping this again.

I have scrolled past pages of off topic speculation and rumors.

I have truly appreciated much hard work by many locals who have worked long and hard to cover many bases.

This link that megmono posted seems more pertinent to me than much of what I've read. Many good, valid points have come forward. And much hard work by several locals.

I don't think this should be overlooked. JMHO.

"Yet One More Petite Blonde Female Goes Missing This Time It Is 19 Year Old Brittany Nicole Wood from Tillmans Corner AL, She Went Missing Near I-10."

Louisiana Police: Missing Student Mickey Shunick Not Tied To Any Of the Other Missing Petite Blonde Female Unsolved Cases, Oh Really? Mickey Shunick went missing on May 19th and cops have no person of interest of concrete leads. Mickey Shunick’s bike was found under a Interstate 10 bridge 27 miles from where she was last seen on surveillance cameras at about 2:00 am. Louisiana Police say there are no links to any other cases, oh really?

Newsflash for the Louisiana Police, when a possible kidnapped victim’s bike is found under a I-10 bridge heading East out of your jurisdiction you might want to expand your search area to the surrounding states and contact FBI profilers about similar unsolved ”missing petite blonde females who all are about the same size, age and all look alike."

:twocents:

So sad! Especially when you scroll towards the bottom and see the list of all the girls....insane :please: BRING THEM ALL HOME!

Well the POI's in JL's case have not been named POI's in MS's case...so I guess we are not allowed to sleuth them here? But we could certainly sleuth them in JL's thread and find out if they had any connections to Lafayette or anything to do with MS.

I don't see any immediate reason to believe the two are related but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas