LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would a serial killer roaming around the country know about WB? Unless he is from that area. Didn't someone on here say another serial killer put bodies there or something? Maybe this guy reads up on other killers and knows about these places?

How would a serial killer roaming around the country know about WB? Unless he is from that area. Didn't someone on here say another serial killer put bodies there or something? Maybe this guy reads up on other killers and knows about these places?

And if he did, why not leave Mickey there, instead of just her bike?
Makes no sense.
I am thinking a local who saw an opportunity. JMO

Has anyone ever posted pics while driving MS route during the day to give others a better understanding of the area? Not just looking on a map?

This might be what you're looking for: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7982648&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11[/ame]

Yes, other victims were dumped out there.

Due to what chicken discovered about the location of the bike dump, I'd say it's someone familiar with the area.

I have been following this faithfully from the first thread..
here is what I think...just based on what little is known..
I don't think this was just a "hit and run" accident..there would be sloppy parts if there were...
Someone probably knew her - whatever slim little moment they met her - it was decided....
They followed through and picked the opportune time...
They may have only briefly known her...
this would make it even more opportune for them...
Sadly I lost a beautiful girl to a murderer who picked her for her long blonde hair...
We would not have guessed he was the perpetrator if he had done what he intended to do the first night he tried..... (maybe like Mickey)..
No one would have put two and two together....
I just feel that this was someone who targeted Mickie...was able to "get her".. before anyone knew of his obsession - and now he thinks he has gotten away with the crime...just thoughts....
God Bless the Shunicks and all of us who pray for Mickey...

basilcat, I'm shocked and sorry to hear that you lost a loved one to a predator. Was this your child and can you tell us about her?

Yes, other victims were dumped out there.

Due to what chicken discovered about the location of the bike dump, I'd say it's someone familiar with the area.

Yeah like a serial killer?

:silenced:

Yeah like a serial killer?

:silenced:

Everyone in Louisiana knows it's a good idea to hide evidence in the basin. Everyone also knows that's the most secluded exit to get down there. You only hear about the major ones in the news, but I assure you evidence from ALL kinds of crimes are found there.

can someone find me the pic of mickey by midsouth bank w the car parked in front? please?

it keeps setting me off

One of my friends is a cajun and posted something on Facebook that reminded me a lot of this case. I think it was originally circulated as something funny, but it's sad because of how true it is. It's a picture with the words, "For every situation, there's a suitable swamp to hide the evidence. We Cajuns love playing hide and seek" : (

My best friend is a forensic scientist, who wants to eventually work at LSP crime lab. She said that the length of time being spent on the bike could be a good thing. She said if they do find DNA, they run it through the CODUS database for hits, and if they found prints, they could be trying to identify them/comparing them to Mickey's prints on objects of hers from home that were turned in for comparison.

So maybe this is promising?

I was thinking the same thing pertaining to the evidence found on Mickey's bike. It has been over 2 weeks since the bike was found and the processes used to extract DNA evidence from the bike should be finished by now. Hopefully they have found something and we get an update soon.

With all due respect, look at the length of this thread(s) and the paucity of ANY information. Thread drift happens and, for the most part, it's about crime, in general. Additionally, a group of people talking on some forum is not going to "find Mickey", okay? People like ACI & chicken fried may actually help crack the case and find her, but that's due to their work in the physical.

Before pointing fingers please understand I have been searching since day 1, very involved myself as I'm sure others have been also. So when I questioned the thread getting off subject it was simply with the best of intentions to keep the focus on Mickey and not on the subject of "Lafayette being unsafe" so with that being said, if you are trying to insinuate that I personally am just talking on a forum in hopes of finding Mickey; with all do respect, let me assure you that I have done more physically than on this forum in hopes of cracking this case and will continue until her family has justice.

I'm bumping this again.

I have scrolled past pages of off topic speculation and rumors.

I have truly appreciated much hard work by many locals who have worked long and hard to cover many bases.

This link that megmono posted seems more pertinent to me than much of what I've read. Many good, valid points have come forward. And much hard work by several locals.

I don't think this should be overlooked. JMHO.

"Yet One More Petite Blonde Female Goes Missing This Time It Is 19 Year Old Brittany Nicole Wood from Tillmans Corner AL, She Went Missing Near I-10."

Louisiana Police: Missing Student Mickey Shunick Not Tied To Any Of the Other Missing Petite Blonde Female Unsolved Cases, Oh Really? Mickey Shunick went missing on May 19th and cops have no person of interest of concrete leads. Mickey Shunick’s bike was found under a Interstate 10 bridge 27 miles from where she was last seen on surveillance cameras at about 2:00 am. Louisiana Police say there are no links to any other cases, oh really?

Newsflash for the Louisiana Police, when a possible kidnapped victim’s bike is found under a I-10 bridge heading East out of your jurisdiction you might want to expand your search area to the surrounding states and contact FBI profilers about similar unsolved ”missing petite blonde females who all are about the same size, age and all look alike."

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...illmans-corner-al-she-went-missing-near-i-10/

:twocents:

I didn't think Brittney Wood is blonde.

can someone find me the pic of mickey by midsouth bank w the car parked in front? please?

it keeps setting me off

1339508157.jpg

our crime lab in baton rouge takes forever to process stuff. i know missing persons might jump the list, but be patient people. all good things come to those that wait.

the last time i needed finger prints on something, they said it could take up to a year. even though it only was four months for the wait. the are on slow southern time.

our crime lab in baton rouge takes forever to process stuff. i know missing persons might jump the list, but be patient people. all good things come to those that wait.

the last time i needed finger prints on something, they said it could take up to a year. even though it only was four months for the wait. the are on slow southern time.

Well being that her body hasn't been found, there is a chance she is still alive and I'd hope that possibility would speed up the process.

Everyone in Louisiana knows it's a good idea to hide evidence in the basin. Everyone also knows that's the most secluded exit to get down there. You only hear about the major ones in the news, but I assure you evidence from ALL kinds of crimes are found there.

I agree, when our search team caped the area of WB, we found evidence of a huge drug deal. Dozens of huge empty narcotic pill bottles were found off the road where Mickey's bike was found, maybe 3-4 days after her bike was found. How do I know this? Because, our team found them and we reported them to LE. The next day the empty bottles were gone and we presumed that LE had taken this evidence.

So... WB is a notorious dumping ground for all criminals.

Before pointing fingers please understand I have been searching since day 1, very involved myself as I'm sure others have been also. So when I questioned the thread getting off subject it was simply with the best of intentions to keep the focus on Mickey and not on the subject of "Lafayette being unsafe" so with that being said, if you are trying to insinuate that I personally am just talking on a forum in hopes of finding Mickey; with all do respect, let me assure you that I have done more physically than on this forum in hopes of cracking this case and will continue until her family has justice.

Respectfully, just jumping off your post...

I am guilty of going OT, and to be honest one reason I do it is to keep the thread active. Not an excuse but I think that I'm not the only one who posts random stuff just because I dread the thread falling silent. :twocents:

Well the POI's in JL's case have not been named POI's in MS's case...so I guess we are not allowed to sleuth them here? But we could certainly sleuth them in JL's thread and find out if they had any connections to Lafayette or anything to do with MS.

I don't see any immediate reason to believe the two are related but you never know.

I posted an idea of a potential loose connection between MS and the people who are suspects Jaren's case. It's Post 1091, page 44, thread 2 of Jarens' thread.

It's off a main interstate highway and could be a coincidence the bike ended up there. So far, no body, just the bike drop-off point. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee