LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all the discussion, I have not seen any reports on whether the fishing and hunting camps in the Whiskey Bay basin area...have been searched...and really, I'm more thinking about the hunting camps as they aren't' in use this time of year...some of these are only reachable by boat...I don't know who would have done this searching but it just seems so necessary on the outside chance she is being held somewhere...with little ability to escape.....My former husband and I used to fish the area often...ok, he fished and I read a book....while there's lots of activity far more than can be envisoned from just driving over the interstate....still it seems like a systematic approach would be needed......

And those swamps are not far from where her bike was found... with alligators ;-(

---------
Since there is no continuous video published, IMO, LE could have only released their selected still photos of the DWT, in order to get the public to try and ID the truck, but keep the rest of the info. to themselves, that they think only the perp.(s) would know. For example, a possible sequence of events could be:

1. Still photo published to public of Mickey riding her bike.
2. A second later, the DWT hits her. (Still photo omitted of impact).
3. Mickey is thrown to the right of the DWT, the DWT obscuring the view of Circle K customers. (This still photo omitted).
4. Mickey is grabbed into the right-hand side of the truck. (This still photo omitted.)
5. Still photo published of DWT immediately after she has been placed into truck. Her bike and belongings are near/under the truck.
6. Truck takes an immediate right into parking lot. (omitted still).
7. Truck turns around. (unseen by camera or omitted).
8. Published still photo of truck going opposite direction. Mickey is in the truck.

Now THIS makes sense. Good thinking!

:yourock:

Thanks for posting the link. This brings up MORE issues. Check this out from the press conference:

"One truck that turned on St. Landry street directly behind MS is a Chevrolet white Z71 four-door. That picture has been circulated."

So this would mean the DWT seen following her was not following her from St. John because here he says the DWT "turned on St. Landry Street." And if the DWT "turned on St. Landry Street" it would have come from University southbound b/c if it came from northbound it would be at an angle and not completely in the right lane of travel. And if it came from University southbound it should have been picked up by the surveillance camera on University. So where is it?

Then he goes on to say:

"And of course the truck with the cover on the bed, believed to be possibly a GMC or Chevrolet, which came from the direction from which Mickey had ridden her bike where she was last captured on video, was obviously, a vehicle of interest for that reason." So that would mean the DWT in the turn lane on St. Landry is the same as the DWT on university northbound and has been ruled out.

Finally, this is very strange....

"Q: The handgrips on the bike. You said you found the bike, then you said you found the handgrips. Were they not attached to the handlebars?
A: We found the bike and the handgrips, that's correct
Q: were they together?
A: We found the bike and the handgrips. We aren't releasing the condition of the bike other than the fact it was damaged in the back. But we did find the bike and the handgrips
Q: Were the handgrips attached to the handelbars?
A: We're not releasing that, that information

Q: what about the grips
A: Again, that was found with or in the general vacinity of the bike."

What is so damned important about keeping this a secret? And why has nothing been released regarding the inspection of the bike?
The DWT could have avoided a camera on University by being on parkside and going from parkside to university. It still would have had to pass in front of the LCG but maybe it did so REALLY FAST?

At this time, I still believe all these disappearances are connected.

1). Brittany Wood, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 105 lbs, 19 years old
2). Mickey Shunick, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 22 years old
3). Heather Hodges, blonde hair, 5′ 1′ tall and 99 lbs, 22 years old
4). Kelli Bordeaux, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 99 lbs, 23 years old.
5). Kate Markham, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 119 lbs, 22 years old
6). Lauren Spierer, blonde hair, 4′ 11″ tall and 95 lbs, 21 years old.
7). Holly Bobo, blonde hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 110 lbs, 21 years old
8). Paige Johnson, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 17 years old.
9). Brittanee Drexel, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 103 lbs, 17 years old.

Would be nice to see them on a map with dates and arrows directing the order of events.

ETA: like a 'connect the dot' on a map.

At this time, I still believe all these disappearances are connected.

1). Brittany Wood, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 105 lbs, 19 years old
2). Mickey Shunick, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 22 years old
3). Heather Hodges, blonde hair, 5′ 1′ tall and 99 lbs, 22 years old
4). Kelli Bordeaux, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 99 lbs, 23 years old.
5). Kate Markham, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 119 lbs, 22 years old
6). Lauren Spierer, blonde hair, 4′ 11″ tall and 95 lbs, 21 years old.
7). Holly Bobo, blonde hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 110 lbs, 21 years old
8). Paige Johnson, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 17 years old.
9). Brittanee Drexel, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 103 lbs, 17 years old.

It would not surprise me. Only a few weeks ago I was out with a couple of girlfriends at a local bar, all of which fit these descriptions. The bar is Not a place you would happen to pass by if you made a quick stop off the interstate.

Well, everyone knows everyone in this bar so it was obvious that we had a 'stranger' among us. He was an average, 40ish, fairly muscular guy...dressed casual but nice. He bought the bar of ten or so patrons a drink. My friends and I yelled down a quick thanks. When the man passed us to use the restroom he stopped on the way back and we thanked him again. He continued to make the typical "I'm not from here" small talk. Just passing through town on business.

Seemed like a very nice guy. We were very at ease with him. It was getting late and he asked us to accompany him to a local diner that is near the interstate. One of my friends was quick to say yes but I said no way and convinced her to decline as well. He hugged us bye and left. My friend owns the bar so we stayed a few more hours.

As we were leaving in the wee morning hours I realized my cell phone was gone. Had been on the bar all night. Thought for sure someone accidentally threw it away or took it by mistake. Sure enough... Couple weeks later received a package in the mail from the same town this guy was from. The phone screen was cracked. No note. No idea how he had my address. Very creepy. I wonder what would have happened to us had we gone with him.

Sorry for the long story! People that drive around the country for work scare me sometimes.

Lexy Jones, blonde hair, 5'1" 140 lbs, 16 years old Lafayette is listed as an endangered runaway disappeared on March 30.

Tanya Lynn Thibodeaux, brunette, dyed auburn and who knows??? 5'2", 128 lbs, 16 year old, Lafayette. She disappeared on April 21st.

Hoping we don't have another disappearance in June. If there is, hopefully this will be given consideration.

Do we know the approximate location in Lafayette where these girls disappeared and maybe where they lived? Thanks.

I keep asking myself what is the most simple way to explain how Mickey vanished. I can not think of any. Every scenario I have read or thought of is complicated.
-Being hit in front of Circle K---That assumes LE released a photo of the accident, that none of the people at Circle K heard or noticed anything, it was a bloodless accident and more.
-The theory of a drunk driver might be the most logical and simple. The problems I see with that are that nothing was found, no bike parts or blood. And, dumping the bike at WS does not seem to fit with that.
-My first theory (that I hope is wrong) is that someone fixated on her and planned this well, knew where the cameras were in advance and dropped the bike as a taunt.
-My second theory is that a perp(s) drove by her and decided to take her spur of the moment and got lucky that there were no cameras around and got
lucky that they did not leave any evidence behind when they got her.

To me, the simplest explanation is that Mickey was approached by someone she was familiar with, and either accepted a ride or was caught off guard by a ruse or trick to get her into the vehicle. That is the only easy way I can explain no evidence being found.

And actually, I am not a hundred percent convinced that a vehicle was initially involved! People do live along that route, and if she was familiar with a resident of the area, she could have stopped to chat and been tricked onto going indoors. The bike could have been loaded into a vehicle later for disposal.

I'm not married to any particular scenario, however. I am finding it easier to rule scenarios out rather than in!

Now THIS makes sense. Good thinking!

:yourock:
Could all this have happened in 4 minutes? I don't remember where I got that timeline, but it seems to be the timeline people I have discussed in public with people.

I believe he is a geologist that works in the oilfield. Not all offshore workers are roustabouts.

I believe he is a geologist, owns his own company and is a consultant to the oil industry.

Lol, I almost never think anyone is picking on me! I tend to believe we are all agreeing or disagreeing with the content of a post, not with the poster!

I don't find you argumentative at all!

You have brought up a very good question.

I don't think there was any organized searches of camps....LE would need probable cause and a warrant to do that, wouldn't they?

I know a couple of people with camps out near Whiskey Bay, and I've asked them to be sure and check their properties when they get over that way. Fishermen go out almost year round, so hopefully they will get there soon.

And I asked my hubby when the next hunting season opens, because so many times hunters make the final discovery in missing person cases.

If the hunting & fishing camps in the area of Whiskey Bay, haven't been thoroughly checked out, this is a deficiency, imo. From my experience, most folks will gladly give permission to have them searched. Who knows, maybe by contacting the owners, info of suspicious cars or activity during the week between Mickey's abduction & the bike discovery will be revealed.

It would not surprise me. Only a few weeks ago I was out with a couple of girlfriends at a local bar, all of which fit these descriptions. The bar is Not a place you would happen to pass by if you made a quick stop off the interstate.

Well, everyone knows everyone in this bar so it was obvious that we had a 'stranger' among us. He was an average, 40ish, fairly muscular guy...dressed casual but nice. He bought the bar of ten or so patrons a drink. My friends and I yelled down a quick thanks. When the man passed us to use the restroom he stopped on the way back and we thanked him again. He continued to make the typical "I'm not from here" small talk. Just passing through town on business.

Seemed like a very nice guy. We were very at ease with him. It was getting late and he asked us to accompany him to a local diner that is near the interstate. One of my friends was quick to say yes but I said no way and convinced her to decline as well. He hugged us bye and left. My friend owns the bar so we stayed a few more hours.

As we were leaving in the wee morning hours I realized my cell phone was gone. Had been on the bar all night. Thought for sure someone accidentally threw it away or took it by mistake. Sure enough... Couple weeks later received a package in the mail from the same town this guy was from. The phone screen was cracked. No note. No idea how he had my address. Very creepy. I wonder what would have happened to us had we gone with him.

Sorry for the long story! People that drive around the country for work scare me sometimes.

That is really scary! I would have taken the phone and package it came in to LE and demanded it be tested for fingerprints. If he knows how to send it to you he would also know how to find you. Be careful Please!

Could all this have happened in 4 minutes? I don't remember where I got that timeline, but it seems to be the timeline people I have discussed in public with people.

First pic of Mickey is at 1:47 and the pic of the white truck on University was at 1:51....that is four minutes, but since that truck was ruled out, I don't think we have a definitive end time anymore.

If she hasn't been seen on any other footage, then it seems it must have happened quickly after she passed Circle K......unless she turned off of St. Landry.

Hi. I don't see Artis now, it's late. Last night I posted a wiki list about serial killers. When I saw the list, it surprised me how many there are in all parts of the world.

Just now while trying to catch up on Mickey's case, I ran across a post by Artis in response to mine in the prior thread. There is a serial killer in South America named Petro Lopez that, apparently, has been freed after all the horrific things he's done. Since wiki isn't an 100 percent accurate source, I wanted to know more about the PL case.

Here's what I found - it's pretty long and it's not up-to-date as to exactly what's become of this monster but there are a few comments below the article that are informative too.

Sorry for the o/t but wanted to respond as I posted the serial killer link.

Artis, I was surprised to see how prolific sk are in other lands as well. I'd never paid much attention except for cases out of England. I added the US at the end because I was afraid peeps would say 'why isn't the US mentioned in your post'. I know we have a problem, I just didn't realize how most every other country does too.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/pedro_lopez/1.html

Yes the ones that they found were found in middle of the road and etc but who knows where the ones who weren't found were hidden

And I have said already that in order not to get caught a serial killer would have to change or switch up his usual victim profile.

Au contrarie. I spoke with John Douglas, a retired FBI profiler, who was giving a talk (he had written a book) in the Bay Area around the time of the Scott Peterson trial. I asked Mr. Douglas about profiling of serial killers especially (Zodiac Killer, EARS/ONS) and he said the MO seldom changes from crime to crime, that the usual SK is a white male in his thirties. I pointed out the Zodiac used a gun, he also murdered with a knife, and Mr. Douglas replied that the Zodiac didn't change his MO, only weapons. SKs get caught by slipping up, often times not intentionally. The guy who murdered all those farm workers in California during the 1960s (Juan Corona) was caught because a business card fell out of his shirt while burying one of his victims. Bingo! Sorry to go o/t.

If and note the if, this was planned, it could happen very quickly.
Bump, grab Mickey and the bike and go. Worried about her screaming or fighting when she's bumped, bring along a pal.

It would seem that it either had to be planned with every i dotted and t crossed or it was a crime of opportunity. It cannot have been a half butt plan. No one but Mickey and maybe not even she knew exactly what route she would take until she was on the route, so no lying in wait.

To be almost certain if this had more than one vehicle or player, it seems like her bike, backpack, or something would have had a tracking device because if she was followed too closely, her hackles would have probably been raised. She had not been drinking so she would be aware of her surroundings and she was familiar with the area.

Again, all of this is based on ifs. I don't necessarily think it happened this way. Just trying to break it down.

OMG! I would have been freaked! I might have reported it to LE too!

If the hunting & fishing camps in the area of Whiskey Bay, haven't been thoroughly checked out, this is a deficiency, imo. From my experience, most folks will gladly give permission to have them searched. Who knows, maybe by contacting the owners, info of suspicious cars or activity during the week between Mickey's abduction & the bike discovery will be revealed.

Oh I don't know for a fact that camps weren't searched! I know LE spent several days out at WB, and I did not hear of them asking camp owners for permission to go onto their properties......but me not hearing it doesn't mean it didn't happen!

Where has it been stated that the grips were removed? Is there a link (not counting NG?)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7981447&postcount=78"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10[/ame]

Not sure I did this right. Still learning the iPad.

It is strongly implied in the original press conference.

Given that the dogs came in so late after Micky was going, there was no way to try and track her from the point where she was last seen on video. This is do da.n frustrating!
Why did the dogs come in so late? Did they have to come in from out of town?

Does today complete 4 weeks that Mickey has been missing? Tomorrow will begin the 5th week? Not good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member