LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, Mickey and the bike would not have been in the frame. They would have been flying in the air, tens of feet to the right.

The laws of physics don't change.
Tis true. I saw a man, who was walking across Pinhook, get hit by a suburban when I was young. It was an awful, awful sight and I will never forget it.

So would that mean, with the second scenario, that it wasn't Mickey in particular they wanted to grab? Because how would they know for sure when and if her route would take her there?

Who knows? But if a resident regularly saw her ride by, maybe even spoke to her occasionally, it is possible he took advantage of an opportunity.

the bike is under the truck. Mickeyis not. The right front wheel is way the hell of the ground compared to normal conditions AND it is gouged at the 6:40 position in the place where the tire is wrapping around the bike frame. THanks for the Luminal to A.C.I, but the active roadwork, and the fact that the road work sign is gone makes that inconclusive. We don't know what roadwork was done on the day of May 19th, do we? I'm growing suspicious of all those diverting attention away from the truck with the bike underneath it. I don't know why LaPD isn't more vocal about that element, but it looks like they are covering something up. No public employee feels like they are being paid enough, and there is precedent for all sorts of moonlighting. The bike is under the truck. The right front wheel is high. The tail light looks like it has extra lights on, indicating...brake+reverse? the truck going the other way has a high wheel too, the left rear wheel. If we are going to start talking about lens distortions from the sec cams... it's like.. you know.. why bother at all?

That is exactly why I didn't. I remember everything and am quite observant. He told me three major things...his first name, the city he lives in and the type of product he sells. That was enough for me to track him down. I know more about him than he does me at this point! I have the envelope put away. It does baffle me as to why he returned the phone.

If he lived locally I would have contacted LE. But...knowing there is nothing they will do other than question him, left it alone. Maybe I got lucky that night. Don't want to aggravate him or remind him of me.

Island hopper, does it not baffle you as to how he got possession of your phone and why he kept it?
How can you be sure that his name, city, and product he sold are ligitimate?

I hate to disagree, but that is definitely, without a doubt, NOT a Ranger. I've enlarged the pic you posted and here is where I'm able to tell what kind it is. Look at the emblems on the gate of the truck in the bottom left and right corners. On a Ford, the emblem is circular, whereas here, it can be presumed that the emblems are "Silverado" and/or "Chevrolet" (that I can't distinguish). I've added a picture of the back of a Chevy Silverado 1500 so you can see what I mean. Also, the truck in the surveillance picture appears to have been "dropped" a little.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339817438.487202.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339817445.159272.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339817451.790036.jpg

Hope this doesn't piss anyone off!

I disagree that there is more evidence that points toward the truck running Mickey over, than not.

On the side of Mickey not being under the truck:

1. The laws of physics.

2. Luminol applied by A.C.I, who personally inspected the asphalt.

3. The idea of LE releasing to the public a still of Mickey under truck.

4. The idea of the family seeing her run over and acting like they are.

5. The idea of completely concealing from the public that a truck ran her over, instead of coming out and saying, "hey, this truck ran Mickey over - we need to find it!

6. The people at the gas station hearing/seeing nothing.

7. The distortion caused by the plexiglass globe surrounding the camera.

8. The distortion from taking a still frame from the low-budget video system that makes the front part of the truck abruptly higher - evidenced by the broken line of the front of the roof above the windshield.

9. The pristine, freshly laid asphalt without a single scratch, which I personally inspected.

10. The fact that LE is not loudly splashing that truck everywhere, and telling people to look for damage.

On the side of Mickey being under the truck:

1. Looking at a badly pixelated, distorted still frame from a video - NOT from a still camera.

I would like to talk with ACI in greater detail about the Luminol. It is not a very valuable tool outside even on the darkest nights. You must put a light-proof tent over the area in question. The Luminol effect only lasts for 30 seconds. There are a lot of false-positives outside. Freshly broken weeds and minuscule amounts of metals will give a positive response. It's not as easy as spraying it and applying the light source. If not done correctly any potential evidence is lost forever as luminol is only effective one time. I assume he is already aware of all this.

My mind is so bungled at this point that I have stopped trying to make sense of what could have happened. I can see both sides in favor or opposed to your points. Just hope she is found soon.

I hate to disagree, but that is definitely, without a doubt, NOT a Ranger. I've enlarged the pic you posted and here is where I'm able to tell what kind it is. Look at the emblems on the gate of the truck in the bottom left and right corners. On a Ford, the emblem is circular, whereas here, it can be presumed that the emblems are "Silverado" and/or "Chevrolet" (that I can't distinguish). I've added a picture of the back of a Chevy Silverado 1500 so you can see what I mean. Also, the truck in the surveillance picture appears to have been "dropped" a little.View attachment 23535View attachment 23536View attachment 23537

I saw a low rider chevy 4 cyl truck, from the front and back. from the back it looked exactly like "yellow"

Does anyone know anything about the 4 door Pickup around Welsh that pulls people over that only has flashing lights in the windshield? I used to see him pulling over people on my way back from Nederland, TX and Lake Charles twice a week coming back to Baton Rouge after my deliveries for a printing company.

The person/persons that took her could have had a gun, which might have made her go with him/her. That could have been why there was nothing left behind.

Another thing I have been thinking about is, if she was hit and fell off her bike, she could have hit her head very hard on the road or the truck, causing temporary memory loss. This also whould have made her vulnerable and maybe she would have gone with him/them.

Head injury: A severe hit to the head -- from a fall or automobile accident, for example -- can injure the brain and cause both short- and long-term memory loss.
http://www.webmd.com/brain/memory-loss
MOO

I would be very worried if he had your address. Let's hope he gave it to your cell phone provider in his community and they mailed it for you.

LA

He mailed it himself. No return address. Shipping label listed his city. My cell provider does not know my address. Due to the type of work I do my cell is registered to a company to protect my privacy.

I hate to disagree, but that is definitely, without a doubt, NOT a Ranger. I've enlarged the pic you posted and here is where I'm able to tell what kind it is. Look at the emblems on the gate of the truck in the bottom left and right corners. On a Ford, the emblem is circular, whereas here, it can be presumed that the emblems are "Silverado" and/or "Chevrolet" (that I can't distinguish). I've added a picture of the back of a Chevy Silverado 1500 so you can see what I mean. Also, the truck in the surveillance picture appears to have been "dropped" a little.View attachment 23535View attachment 23536View attachment 23537

Not pissing anyone off here.

The Silverado is too high in lift to be that truck. Unless that's a modded truck. Not only that, the taillights look Ford-ish.

Signing off for the night.

I saw a low rider chevy 4 cyl truck, from the front and back. from the back it looked exactly like "yellow"

I see what you mean! When I enhance the pic with the auto enhance, it definitely appears yellow, but it's so hard to tell if a street light was just causing a yellow cast on the truck. But I do see what you're talking about!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9A5PVGhvBQ"]Mickey Shunick: Lafayette Police Press Conference 5/29/12 - YouTube[/ame]

This is the press conference on 5/29.

I'm listening now. Starting at 2:05, he says:

"Another thing that we're very hopeful for is that the forensics is going be able to pull evidence not only off of the bike but the handlebars and the gold hand grips, which we recovered from the scene."

Someone posted that the area was repaired and is smooth. I thought maybe there was a bump as well but apparently, there isn't.

Didn't someone post that the time stamp on the camera is off by minutes?

Not that camera.

And the camera that is off is on University and has the correct time stamp on the upper left corner of the pic and the incorrect time stamp on the lower left corner of the pic.

I would like to talk with ACI in greater detail about the Luminol. It is not a very valuable tool outside even on the darkest nights. You must put a light-proof tent over the area in question. The Luminol effect only lasts for 30 seconds. There are a lot of false-positives outside. Freshly broken weeds and minuscule amounts of metals will give a positive response. It's not as easy as spraying it and applying the light source. If not done correctly any potential evidence is lost forever as luminol is only effective one time. I assume he is already aware of all this.

My mind is so bungled at this point that I have stopped trying to make sense of what could have happened. I can see both sides in favor or opposed to your points. Just hope she is found soon.
Can you provide a link for this? I've been searching but I can't find anything that says luminol is only effective once. In fact, the first thing that comes up in a google search is this thread :lol:

I trust that you're right but I just can't find anything that says that. Thanks :)

Someone posted that the area was repaired and is smooth. I thought maybe there was a bump as well but apparently, there isn't.

Didn't someone post that the time stamp on the camera is off by minutes?

The one where the Olds is shown is off by 12 minutes I believe someone said. Is that Verseilles? I seriously need to study the road map.

Has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, the DWT was breaking because there was a BIKER in front of him and he was passing? That maybe, just maybe, the DWT is not involved at all? And really, How does analyzing these pictures until the end of time, help us find Mickey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne