LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the woman on Facebook a few hours ago. Called the police, called the tip line, either no answer or voicemail. That's a problem.

I've noticed that the wrong Tipline # was posted on the digital sign at Walgreens on the corner of Hwy 90 and St. nezaire in Broussard today. They still had 337-291-8600 instead of 337-291-8633. I called the store and told the person u spoke with that the number was wrong but didn't pass back in front to notice if it was corrected or not. At the press conf, Paul Mouton (LE) advised tipsters to call the Tipline or even 911.

They had different names, FWIW. I guess it could still be the same person using a different name when she called in the tip to the news.

I see that now, thanks.

It still makes me wonder. Pink Hair seemed a bit frantic and then disappeared from the thread. I hope she got through to someone with something useful.

My money says its the truck they're looking for. Now the concern is, if the owner of the truck thinks they're looking for him, he'll bug out. If they take the heat off of him and say its just one that looks similar, hopefully he won't bug out.

ITA, and I have only seen statements from CS about this not being the exact truck. I haven't seen that from LE. I think this is from the family to try to stop any rash decisions on the part of the truck owner.

According this this KATC video update it sounds like that truck may have been seen on Versailles as well (where she was first captured on video). What do y'all think?

If it is the same truck in both videos ... had he already followed her down St. Landry, abducted her and headed back to University where he's caught on video at the traffic light? That would explain why the truck is in the opposite direction from where she was headed? Wish we knew the time on both the video captures released.

That's how I heard it, as well.

ITA, and I have only seen statements from CS about this not being the exact truck. I haven't seen that from LE. I think this is from the family to try to stop any rash decisions on the part of the truck owner.

I agree. It's like the family is saying 'don't be silly, we're not looking for YOU...nothing to worry about'

Hope it works.

I didn't see it Cazzie, I was just brain-storming/thinking out loud wondering if that scenario was a possibility.
:blush: Thanx. :) Actually (really!) I figgered it out but got into a wrestle with the WS server and couldn't delete my post. And it's taken until now to catch up. :hug:

Ugh so that 812 E Convent address with the Sex Offender is right by Artmosphere, just half a mile, Artmosphere is on the corner of E Convent and Johnston.

Ugh so that 812 E Convent address with the Sex Offender is right by Artmosphere, just half a mile, Artmosphere is on the corner of E Convent and Johnston.

So...anybody calling this tip in? Could it hurt?

I trust you (heck, we've been doing the GMTA thing tonite), but how do you know it was taken first?
:(

In that photo, she is on Versailles St approaching St. Johns. She is moving away from the Ryan St. home. In the second photo (where she is riding past the Circle K station), she is already past St. Johns and crossed University onto St. Landry, still moving away from the Ryan St. home towards HER home.

Johnston is the main drag through town, which passes by the University on the South edge of the downtown/Saints Streets region. Congress parallels Johnston north of the downtown/Saints Streets region. Artmosphere is about 3 miles from the intersection of Johnston and South College (a major North/South road that intersects both Johnston and Congress).

Sorry to just jump in here; this was the first question I could answer.

IIRC, MS and BW went to Taco Bell on the corner of Johnston St. & St. Mary in BW's vehicle.

I've noticed that the wrong Tipline # was posted on the digital sign at Walgreens on the corner of Hwy 90 and St. nezaire in Broussard today. They still had 337-291-8600 instead of 337-291-8633. I called the store and told the person u spoke with that the number was wrong but didn't pass back in front to notice if it was corrected or not. At the press conf, Paul Mouton (LE) advised tipsters to call the Tipline or even 911.

The stack of flyers I have are the most current ones, from today, and they were printed with 291-8600, and someone had to sit there and mark that out with a sharpie and change it to 8633. Would have been a waste to just toss them all. It's really hard to keep up with all the changes. So it's no surprise that Walgreen's hadn't been made aware of the change. Same thing with the reward amount. It was 10k, then 20k, then 25k, then back to 20k, and finally capped at 25k. As we were searching and passed older flyers we put duct tape over the incorrect amounts and wrote the correct with sharpie, rather than ripping them down and replacing them.

I'm extremely tired - very hectic couple of weeks. But I'm worried about this girl even more now with the truck pics.

I even read some of the psychics's stuff. I'm still hoping she's alive somewhere close to home. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

In that photo, she is on Versailles St approaching St. Johns. She is moving away from the Ryan St. home. In the second photo (where she is riding past the Circle K station), she is already past St. Johns and crossed University onto St. Landry, still moving away from the Ryan St. home towards HER home.
TYSM!

The MSM posts seem to expect that everyone reading is familiar with the area...I realize that locals are the logical target audience, but there are sleuthers out there. ;)

And even Mickey's sister said today at the presser, "she could be anywhere".

I think there needs to be a dual investigation (and it is probably happening)...local and not...

The stack of flyers I have are the most current ones, from today, and they were printed with 291-8600, and someone had to sit there and mark that out with a sharpie and change it to 8633. Would have been a waste to just toss them all. It's really hard to keep up with all the changes. So it's no surprise that Walgreen's hadn't been made aware of the change. Same thing with the reward amount. It was 10k, then 20k, then 25k, then back to 20k, and finally capped at 25k. As we were searching and passed older flyers we put duct tape over the incorrect amounts and wrote the correct with sharpie, rather than ripping them down and replacing them.

The 8600 # still routes callers to LPD. The 8633 # is specifically for the MS case. Either should work but I just made the call since LE advised to use the 8633#.

Ok, Can I rant real quick about the news? I keep reading that there is a video of her being followed by the truck in two separate instances, but all I am seeing is stills, with one photo of a truck and her not in the frame. Am I missing something here?

I do not see the truck in either photo that was posted of her riding, and the truck only shows up in one picture with no sight of her.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...e_result&sqi=2&ved=0CBEQ8gEwAA&mid=1338007540

Hope I linked this correctly - be back.

No, didn't work the way I hoped. Okay put the enlargement thingy about 1/8" down from the top of the strip to get the roads visible. Then touch the left arrow once so that Ryan Street is visible. That pink ballon will move over to the right.

Why would MS go east after leaving Ryan Street? She could have gone a little south and then west.

Mickey's case reminds me of when I used to bike in a college town...even late at nite, but not every nite. It was safe, I felt safe...but of course, anything could have happened.

Another aside...in listening to the local videos, I realized but did not previously know that it's pronounced "LAH"fayette, not "LA"fayette. "LAH" as in the beginning of "laugh", rather than "lofty". Or did MSM get that wrong, too? ;)

Ok, Can I rant real quick about the news? I keep reading that there is a video of her being followed by the truck in two separate instances, but all I am seeing is stills, with one photo of a truck and her not in the frame. Am I missing something here?

I do not see the truck in either photo that was posted of her riding, and the truck only shows up in one picture with no sight of her.
Yeah, there is confusion about the wording in MSM articles (Main Stream Media).

There have been ambiguity and contradictions.

And then Mickey's sister saying on FB "that's not the exact truck we're looking for!".

ARGHHHH.

Welcome to WS, btw. :)

Mickey's case reminds me of when I used to bike in a college town...even late at nite, but not every nite. It was safe, I felt safe...but of course, anything could have happened.

Another aside...in listening to the local videos, I realized but did not previously know that it's pronounced "LAH"fayette, not "LA"fayette. "LAH" as in the beginning of "laugh", rather than "lofty". Or did MSM get that wrong, too? ;)

Laugh-ee-ette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members