LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this truck on video for about four seconds. I can get four shots off of it. the piece you are looking at is when it comes into the view. There are three more shots of it. it is traveling north.

we may be getting some tropical weather early next week that may hinder searches. just throwing that out there

Yeah, just saw that on wafb. It's still early, but I'm hoping it won't be much if we do get it. It could really mess with any water searches they had planned.

If she is still alive it might not matter, unfortunately if she is deceased... the storm might help her be found and returned to her loving family for a PROPER burial! sorry...:truce:

We, here in Texas are sure hoping that system moves into south Texas and into west Texas!! We sure could use the rain, but more than anything I hope it moves west, and does not hinder the search for Mickey!!

Praying for Mickey!!

I'm bumping my post because I didn't get a reply, but after seeing the clip of Mrs. Nancy and the newscaster saying they are painting the town with Mickey fliers, I can't help but think that we need to get the fliers out of town, ya know? like in other cities. I'm serious that I'm really not seeing them in Baton Rouge. Nothing at the mall or in town center or in Perkin's row. None at Whole Foods. Oh, I think I saw one at Wendy's. So I've see 3 total. That's it!

Also, I was at Orange Beach and there was nothing there. Vacation spots may be good places to hang them - like at Publix - because of many people from surrounding states being there on holiday. We all know how many people from Louisiana go to Orange Beach, Destin, Pensacola, Sand Destin. I mean we literally paint the beach with LSU gear. You can't miss us. If everyone brought fliers on their vacation, that would be awesome! I'm just not sure how businesses respond to this, however. Do I just ask the little girl at the boutique Vertigo if I can hang one? Are most businesses "cool" about this?

There are flyers at the mall and also at Perkins Row. I put them up and they are still there, saw them yesterday and today

I have this truck on video for about four seconds. I can get four shots off of it. the piece you are looking at is when it comes into the view. There are three more shots of it. it is traveling north.

North on what street? Video from what location? What time was the video taken? I hope you have turned this into the LE and the families PI.

Ther is something in the back of the truck leaning up on the drivers side of the truck bed. just like in the pic at circle K. You can see it clearly but, when you zoon in you loose pixels. I think someone with better technology resources than me would do a better job.

Did you take the picture with you phone? Save it to your computer and upload it to a free photo editing site, like this one:
http://pixlr.com/editor/
Usually pictures from a camera are pretty large when they're uploaded. If not, you can resize it on the site or if you prefer, I can try to resize it with my software.

My husband and I own a used car dealership, he is the one that knows the vehicles. He said, it is a Chevrolet or GMC 1999-2006 Model, Extended Cab. (Not a 4 door).

Of course this is just our opinion.

I agree it's an extended cab. but I think the one in front of circle K going the same direction as Mickey is an extended cab too. that one and this one also both have that weird "thing" in the back of the truck. What do you think that is? does it look the same to you? Also are the truck bed sizes the same in this one and the circle k one?

Even if it is the same truck, this person may have nothing to do with Mickey. But, it would help to eliminate that scenario if that is the case.

Even if it is the same truck, this person may have nothing to do with Mickey. But, it would help to eliminate that scenario if that is the case.

Exactly why it should be examined by the LE and PI.

Did you take the picture with you phone? Save it to your computer and upload it to a free photo editing site, like this one:
http://pixlr.com/editor/
Usually pictures from a camera are pretty large when they're uploaded. If not, you can resize it on the site or if you prefer, I can try to resize it with my software.

I got the video and I clipped a few frames from it. So no it wasn't taken with my phone. but thanks for the tip, I'll look at the software.

whaaaaat? goodness gracious. what in the world happened. is there anyway someone can maturely fill us in on what went on without stirring the pot? i just feel like it's quiet in here and i have no idea why. i go on vacation and come back to silence. it's weird. it has to be more than LE bashing if a decision has ot be made. i promise i won't comment on it or give an opinion. i guess y'all might be afraid to repeat what happened in fear of being banned??:confused:

oh well, i won't ask again. i don't want to stir.

We were told several tiimes to stop bashing le and talking about the other 2 investigators. We were told strongly. People kept posting and they got time outs. I think one reason it is so quiet is that some of us hit a wall, over stressed, didn't know how to continue sleuthing in a productive way because we have no new info. At least that is why I put myself in Time Out.

Read back over the posts from yesterday evening. I said "fellow posters, eggshells please". And, I was not refering to the warnings by the mods or possible time outs. If you read from that post back a couple of pages you will understand better.

I got the video and I clipped a few frames from it. So no it wasn't taken with my phone. but thanks for the tip, I'll look at the software.

I have a screen capture software on my computer. If you can upload the full size video to flickr or somewhere and link it I can blow my screen up and grab a larger size capture of the truck.

The pictures with new hair colors are very interesting to me. It seemed a bit strange that one of the mock ups was greenish. Not sure why. Still hoping for a massive break.

Sometimes when you attempt to color platinum hair another color with a box haircolor it turns green. I also noticed it had her with "tanned" skin or with bronzer on, I thought this was odd. Any suggestions as to why they would do this? I feel the blonde hair is something we all look for, once her hair is a different color she will not stand out so much if someone was traveling with her.

One question~~ do other families routinely do this? It makes me think they know she/suspect she has been taken out of Lafayette or Louisiana.

LA

We, here in Texas are sure hoping that system moves into south Texas and into west Texas!! We sure could use the rain, but more than anything I hope it moves west, and does not hinder the search for Mickey!!

Praying for Mickey!!

I need it too, It's going to be 102 on Sunday, and I have heat related fatigue. The rain would bring relief. So let's all focus on turning the storm away from Louisiana so that searches can continue.

LA

Sometimes when you attempt to color platinum hair another color with a box haircolor it turns green.

LA

MINE DID! looked like a head of broccoli! I'm a brunette that went REAL blonde and tried to go back! BAD IDEA!!!

Have you sent a copy to LE? It might help bring Mickey home!

Are there searches planned for this weekend? I keep seeing worries about a storm, but did not know that any searching was planned.
Is there a link?

Here is pic number 3 of 4 - so what do you think?

I haven't been able to make out anything in any of the pictures except that it's a white truck. The pictures are too small for me to make out any detail.

Can you see the plate? Call ACI at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas