LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've been lurking here and finally decided to join in. I've been up with my baby and now that she is asleep, I am wide awoke! With that said, here is my first post... Has anyone discussed the possibility that Mickey's abductor has contacted the family or le? It might explain the sudden silence on this case. It might also explain why the foot searches were called off and why on the Facebook page they mentioned outside help might put Mickey in "danger". Those were the words used in the original post, which was later taken down and revised. If this is the case, the abductor may be taunting them or has called in for a ransom. Am I just sleep deprived or does that sound like a valid possibility?

I found a close up picture to explain what I was trying to earlier. Where you are seeing a Z-71 sticker, is just too close to the top of the bed, and too far back for me to agree that there might be one there, unless, just maybe they added an after market decal to the truck on their own. But that still does not sit right with me, because of the lower suspension.

z71sticker2copy.jpg

This is a picture of a Z-71 bed with a sticker. (wrong side of the truck, I know) Hopefully you will see where I am coming from. The area that you have enlarged,in your diagram, is where the body of the truck bed, starts to bow out around the wheel well. Not an ideal place for a sticker, IMO. I have highlighted the bowed out area for the wheel well in blue for you. Sorry if I can't explain it correctly, we might have to agree to disagree.. LOL

My opinions only, no facts here:

As I responded earlier, there is significant (vertical and horizontal) distortion in the 1st and 2nd Circle-K white truck pics. Your stock pic is NOT distorted.

I noticed right-off, what you are pointing out in this and your previous post, that the theoretical logo on the 2nd white truck image was a bit too high. I am only saying, that when I account for distortion in this image, the 2nd truck has a possible logo in about the right place.

I also took my collection of stock images of various similar models and piece-by-piece aligned all of my stock photos with the original 2nd white truck image. Many of these stock photos had to be enlarged/reduced at differential horizontal and vertical scales to account for the serious distortions in the original 2nd white truck image. When all was said and done, the fuzzy logo? that I hypothesize on the 2nd white truck was of the appropriate size and position for a Z71 logo.

I have posted representative images before, regarding this issue. Let me review them and see what I can do to further this discussion. Thanks a lot for the analytical input.

Ok I've been lurking here and finally decided to join in. I've been up with my baby and now that she is asleep, I am wide awoke! With that said, here is my first post... Has anyone discussed the possibility that Mickey's abductor has contacted the family or le? It might explain the sudden silence on this case. It might also explain why the foot searches were called off and why on the Facebook page they mentioned outside help might put Mickey in "danger". Those were the words used in the original post, which was later taken down and revised. If this is the case, the abductor may be taunting them or has called in for a ransom. Am I just sleep deprived or does that sound like a valid possibility?

I really wonder the same thing.

With the technology we have today I just don't see a kidnapping/ransom scenario panning out! I guess if IT professionals did it but...IMO for a perp to get away with it is illogical!
Perps however may not see it that way!

Maybe I AM OUT OF TOUCH!
Have there been any ransoms paid to perps that got away lately?

With the technology we have today I just don't see a kidnapping/ransom scenario panning out! I guess if IT professionals did it but...IMO for a perp to get away with it is illogical!
Perps however may not see it that way!

Maybe I AM OUT OF TOUCH!
Have there been any ransoms paid to perps that got away lately?

I agree.

But, Samantha Koenig's abducter and murderer did find a way to get some ransom money, although I'm not sure of the details. He was caught after not too long, though, so I don't know if I'd say he got away with it.

Im no longer working on the case as per the families wishes. So any information should go to LPD or Abdella
543am saturday
WOW. I did not see that coming.
Been waiting and waiting for you for 48 hours.
Now we have no one to communicate with.
Disappointed is an understatement.

Maybe the damage to the bike was not done by being hit by a vehicle but by a truck passing by closely and the passenger door being popped open on her and the bike causing damage, the door corner popping the tire and Mickey crashing?
Or could the damage have been caused by jamming the bike into a car trunk and slamming the lid closed?

I came to this site hopeful but I now see all
this as wasted energy. There is nothing to go on here, we are just like rats in a cage running on the wheel non-stop and getting nowhere. We are just guessing at things and the people who know anything- the PI, family and LE are not telling us anything at all. It seems to me they think we are all
In the way and they don't want anything but our ideas and our tips. <modsnip>
The white truck has been about the only thing I have concentrated on because it's all I feel I have to work with being so far away. Really wish I were in the area. I would be out wading through the swamps and invading people's private land looking.

The other day I spotted a white truck with Georgia plates pulling out of a local Chevy dealership with a service tag on the mirror. I followed it to a Red Robin and took a bunch of pics. People were staring a me. I stare down every white similar truck with out of state plates. I am obsessed! I just feel like it's very significant in some way.

Been trying to read between the lines and keep to the things that stand out to me like the chief stating that "we know she got at least as far as St. Landry" and the statement about he rim being bent and the tire badly damaged. The grips being on or in the area of the bike.

I get what could bend the rim. Trying to figure out why the tire would be badly damaged. I don't know enough about bike's to know what could cause serious damage to a tire.

Is this legit? You have possession of this video and nonchalantly post it, when a girl is missing... I'm a little confused here????? No urgency, won't answer any questions.

I've answered questions. As to my sense of urgency? I don't understand what makes you think you have a grasp of that. As to my honor/honesty that you ask if this is legit? Your confused? Well I'm confused that what it comes to this case and something actually real happens, then there is an attack on the person(s) or organization.

I've answered questions. As to my sense of urgency? I don't understand what makes you think you have a grasp of that. As to my honor/honesty that you ask if this is legit? Your confused? Well I'm confused that what it comes to this case and something actually real happens, then there is an attack on the person(s) or organization.

You have not answered if you have given this video to LE or if they have it. We have asked repeatedly. So, please, does LE have this video? Thanks.

There's some very odd situations going on here. Charley came to town and Mickey and her went to a party Thursday night. Mickey called her late Friday saying she wanted to party with her that night. However Charley was in Baton Rouge. The two sisters didn't communicate between Thursday night & Friday that one of them was going out of town? When I visit my family my siblings know if I am going somewhere an hour away.
Charley said she was drinking or something so didn't come to town.... And in a conversation with BW when MS didn't show up she asked him if he thought she was at the bar drinking or something....What is "something?" Playing online? Drugs? Sex? Movies?

In the very early searches people were told to look for a pipe Mickey had. Maybe she wanted something Charley could get for her but since Charley wasn't coming to town she decided to go get it herself? Pot? Crack?

Could you please tell us what date and time the video was taken? Where was the video taken (location)? This information would be very helpful. Thank you!

Could you please tell us what date and time the video was taken? Where was the video taken (location)? This information would be very helpful. Thank you!

I think she said it was from a few miles away.

It looks to me like she is trying to figure out if there may be a connection.
There are thousands of white trucks in Lafayette and if everyone who may have a video of a white truck turns it in to LE they will never vet anything done. My understanding is they were looking for video from 1:30am to 3:30 am.

or attacks or your character and intentions, and demands for information that anonymous people shouldn't be given. I get the sense that thee is a pattern of behavior here that real information makes some people nervous and a little angry. Why? I don't understand. Could it be that the person or person that know what happened that night be on this board? I'm not familiar with all the players and their personalities, but maybe some of you could shed some light on that. Has anyone given that any consideration? Would it be possibly that someone with something to hide could be among you?

BBM: Real information that is not verified does make this group angry and nervous. (Sorry to speak for the group). We are not allowed to work with rumors so we need to know facts of where the video came from etc. I have not attacked your character and I apologize if that has happened to you, alert the post and a mod can remove it if you like. I have simply asked if you have shared this with LE and I have asked about 4 or 5 times...so it is not that 'real info" is making me uppity...it is the idea that you have this video and LE may NOT have this video that is making me uppity....your info could in fact help LE find Mickey...which is what I am here for.

As for if someone could hide among us...the answer is plainly, yes. This is the internet.

I think she said it was from a few miles away.

It looks to me like she is trying to figure out if there may be a connection.
There are thousands of white trucks in Lafayette and if everyone who may have a video of a white truck turns it in to LE they will never vet anything done. My understanding is they were looking for video from 1:30am to 3:30 am.

Within three miles and within the targeted time frame and heading north. There are a lot of white trucks in this town. Even on this board there is a debate that the one facing left and the one faciing right may not be the same truck but, they have a lot in common. I think those are different trucks and I think the one
I have has similar qualities to the one facing right.

Within three miles and within the targeted time frame and heading north. There are a lot of white trucks in this town. Even on this board there is a debate that the one facing left and the one faciing right may not be the same truck but, they have a lot in common. I think those are different trucks and I think the one
I have has similar qualities to the one facing right.

My understanding has been that the truck facing left on St Landry and on University were the same truck. The one facing right heading towards St Mary is different and is the DWT.
If it is in the time frame I would bring it to LE.

I think LE should be the only ones to comment on what they have and don't have, what they think is important and not important.

I think LE should be the only ones to comment on what they have and don't have, what they think is important and not important.

This is not consistent with the fact that you are asking WS members if this is the truck or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne