LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's WAY late for me but... am I seeing brake lights on the car? Driving lights usually are just two on the rear! AND is the front right wheel turned to the left?

Sorry maybe I need sleep!:banghead:

Is that an apartment building on the left? Could they be turning in, or stopped briefly to pick someone up or let someone out? Maybe folks living there (if it is apartments) need to be interviewed.

It does look to me like the car is poised to turn left onto the apt. Parking area.....maybe waiting for that truck to pass first.

It does look to me like the car is poised to turn left onto the apt. Parking area.....maybe waiting for that truck to pass first.

I used to live at this apartment complex. The car is too far down the street to be turning into the parking lot - it's already passed the entrance.

It's a small little complex of 12 one bedroom units.

Slightly off topic but a quick question for the veterans of this site. I am curious to know if there have been any cases followed here where it was discovered that the "perf" had logged in and participated in a covert manner in the thread.

Second...have there been any crimes in which this site was directly responsible for the crime being solved.

This is just my own curiosity and you can just answer in PM if you wish.

Thanks.....Ken

Regarding whether perps have ever participated here on WS...I think it's safe to say yes. I presume that many more have simply lurked, in order to see what is being said. Or, their close friends or loved ones lurk or particpate.

I recall one case where a close friend of the victim (and the one to find the body) was under intense scrutiny by LE and the media. He openly joined the discussion here on WS. While most WSers were polite to him and began to ask him general questions about the victim and her habits, it wasn't long before those who are convinced of his guilt started asking much more pointed questions and he stopped participating in the discussion. (This case is still not solved.)

Also, LE has been known to check out WS and the discussions and ideas being thrown around. They combine this with the information that we aren't party to, to see if any of it helps their case.

When trials are underway, I have seen people vehemently defend the accused, to the point of being so obvious that they know the suspect, but just aren't revealing who they are.

So, be aware of what you post.

Just my thoughts and observations.

I think the truck at the intersection at St. Landry and University in the left turning lane and the truck on University at St. John's Cemetery are the same truck. I believe the truck headed in the same direction as Mickey is a different truck. I'll have to go back and read the oddly worded news release that went along with the new pictures. But it was mentioned that one was a Z71? They normally have a sticker on each side near the brake lights with Z71 on it. To me (and of course it could just be because I've been staring at this picture for so long) the truck traveling in the same direction as MS has the sticker, and the one traveling away does not.

A bit off the-hot-topic-of-the-moment (which is sure making MY head spin!) ... but someone asked a little ways back in this thread whether Mickey received only the one call on her cell phone at or around the time of Taco Bell and then no more or whether she received a second call.

I don't remember anything about a second call -- what I recall reading or hearing in an interview was that the friend called BW's phone, which went dead, and so then called Mickey's. BUT -- I do seem to recall that at one link, BW said Mickey also received a text on her phone. I can't find a link for that right off, though. Does anybody else remember that? (Could be whatever that MSM link was just got it wrong.)

BW made the comment in a video about the text, and MSM never picked it up in the article. Pretty early on in the investigation. IIRC

Perhaps the Cadillac-style car slowed (and was braking) because the White Truck had just pulled a U-Turn to head back (eastward) along St. Landry and then North on University?

The timeline is tight though, given that the security camera at Southwest Loan & Insurance Co. (University & Azalea) says 1:51:27 AM.

Slightly off topic but a quick question for the veterans of this site. I am curious to know if there have been any cases followed here where it was discovered that the "perf" had logged in and participated in a covert manner in the thread.

Second...have there been any crimes in which this site was directly responsible for the crime being solved.

Thanks.....Ken

/QUOTE]

Yes, two cases come to mind. I'm hoping another member will remember the names and chime in here. The case I am thinking of was a man from Florida who had won the lottery and was later murdered. The person responsible was posting on Websleuths. I will go search for the case and a link. Anyone remember this case?

I also recall a missing persons case that was solved by a Websleuth member a few years ago, related to a case dating back 40 years ago. A woman disappeared leaving a child behind (ex/husband was thought by many to be involved) and in a neighboring town, or nearby, a week (or month) later a husband and father of 3 vanishes. Neither ever heard from again, never solved. Again, I will search for case and link. Anyone else recall?

Can someone tell me what is located across from the apartment complex on St. Landry where the car is seen? Is there a parking lot there? I just ask because I remember a poster stating earlier that her boyfriend who is an avid cyclist said he would have cut through a parking lot over to Azalea to avoid going past the darker areas on St. Landry. Is it possible that Mickey cut through a parking lot and tried to make it over to Azalea? That could explain the lack of video footage of her continuing down St. Landry.

Thanks.....Ken

I believe WS solved the "baby in the box" case, and found that little one....anyone remember? I think it was the current babysitter (who turns out had put the missing baby in a box under her bed), was also a suspect in the earlier unsolved disappearance of a stepchild(?), and people here put it together in the middle of the night, called it in, therefore,imo, leading to a search of that woman's house and the location of the baby.
Sorry I can't even remember the baby's name, been several years ago :(

eta: Shannon Dedrick http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/15440513

mickey1.jpeg

pic2.jpg

mickey2.jpeg

pic1.jpg

So, what is the sequence here? At the gas pumps, was the dark and light car there first, with the car leaving, or was the dark car and then the light car also pulled in?

It seems pretty damn clear this truck (and I think all three white trucks may be the same) could have been following her by driving around the blocks.

Just out of curiosity, and I know we each see different things in photos, but the last photo of the truck just up further from the truck (on the right side) there appears to be something in between some poles. I don't know what it is but it almost looks like a person on a bike. I cannot see the bike tires but if it was moving you may not be able to see it on a still shot.

I could be wrong and I probably am.

Yeah you are right, it is a very short stretch and not secluded. Obviously it would be great know if she was seen on the St Landry camera.

Still catching up, but I've thought she may have been hassled.....like someone yelling or whistling at her, driving by slow, etc. She may have tried to divert and quickly took off among the business somewhere via parking lot, down the side street or even crossed the street and they caught up with her there. The abandoned hospital is a good possibility. Would anyone have heard anything? Did they? Where were the disturbances called in from? Me....I would have tried to get back to the bright lights of the Circle K and then called someone, could be what she tried to do by circling around, but......?

Is that an apartment building on the left? Could they be turning in, or stopped briefly to pick someone up or let someone out? Maybe folks living there (if it is apartments) need to be interviewed.

I know one of the tenants whose townhouse is actually in the background of the photo. I'll shoot him an email.

Just out of curiosity, and I know we each see different things in photos, but the last photo of the truck just up further from the truck (on the right side) there appears to be something in between some poles. I don't know what it is but it almost looks like a person on a bike. I cannot see the bike tires but if it was moving you may not be able to see it on a still shot.

I could be wrong and I probably am.

It is a street sign, you can see it on street view. I thought the same thing but it sidn't match up with the facts that we have. Mickey came from Versailles, turning right onto St Landry (there are photos).

It is a street sign, you can see it on street view. I thought the same thing but it sidn't match up with the facts that we have. Mickey came from Versailles, turning right onto St Landry (there are photos).

Thank you! I don't recall seeing any discussion about this so wanted to make sure :)

So I was lying there last night and I couldn't sleep, I remembered there was another photo of Mickey and some thigns weren't matching up. I added a few details to my map.
You can also go to Google Earth to view this map and see the photos laid into the map as well as time stamps with paths of the vehicles. Here: http://productforums.google.com/foru...k/discussion

attachment.php

Yellow Path is the path of the Car
Red Path is the path of the Truck
Pink Path is Mickeys Path
  • 1:45 am- Mickey leaves BW house
  • 1:47 am- We have a photo of Mickey on Versailles and St Landry
  • 1:48 am -We have a photo of Mickey on her bike at the Circle K
  • No Time -We have a photo of a White truck going the same direction as she is
  • 1:49:38 am -We have a photo of a car on W University going towards St Landry
  • No Time-We have a photo of the truck turned around going the opposite direction (left) onto W University (no time)
  • 1:51:27 a.m.- Photo
of said truck on W University at
No Time 'Point "A"- We know that the car turned right onto St Landry because there is a photo of it

If corrrect, then we can assume (yes I know, slippery slope) the following:
IF Mickey made it to point "A" where they caught the car going down the street on camera, then they would have her on camera there also because it was right down the street from where they already had her on camera only a minute before. She must have disappeared within that small area from circle K to where they caught the car on camera
They want to talk to the driver of the car because there would be no possible way that they didn't see something happen. They were crossing paths with Mickey and the Truck when whatever happened happened.

Attachments

• 33en8ed (1024x621).jpg
    33en8ed (1024x621).jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 338
/QUOTE]
Yes, two cases come to mind. I'm hoping another member will remember the names and chime in here. The case I am thinking of was a man from Florida who had won the lottery and was later murdered. The person responsible was posting on Websleuths. I will go search for the case and a link. Anyone remember this case?
?
I think you're thinking of the Abraham Shakespeare case.

Is anyone 100% certain that is even her on the bike in the grainy photo? All I can make out is that someone is riding a bike with black handles (they don't look gold), and has a sweater/hoodie on, which seems unusual for this time of year in Lafayette, LA. Right? Also I read somewhere she was wearing a helmet? But in the grainy photo I don't see a helmet on the person's head. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx