LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken fried, I don't know why, but this kind of made me laugh. I'm sure you don't give anybody the willies!

And sorry about the medical problems part--hope everything is ok!

Thanks... recovering from hereditary hemochromatosis that almost did me in. It wrecked my joints and am recovering from multiple surgeries. That's why I took my boat out to look, instead of doing hiking I can't yet do.

I don't take enough care of my appearance, I know, because I like getting dirty and working on things. I do clean up nice, I'm told.

As far as the Cadillac, I have been spreading the word among the black gas-station clerks about it. They are very interested and want to help find the Caddy. I also am going to print out the surveillance photo to show, and also to have in my car because I figure I'm going to start getting pulled over because my car looks sort of like a Caddy, though it's a Lincoln. At least I've been driving the tank for 5 years here and the local LEOs know it from the Fleur de Lis hood ornament and from when I turn it into the Saintsmobile,

Spreading the word to find the Caddy is my new mission. If they saw anything, passing by a white truck pulled over talking with a bicyclist, etc., that will help!

It was UNDER the interstate? Then it had to have been physically brought there, no? Not just tossed off the bridge. Which actually doesn't make me feel any better if that is the case. Meaning that the unsub might have had enough time to drive down that way, dump the bike, and...take off again.

Someone made a point that they wanted the bike to be found; not sure as a taunting action or...?

Yeah it wouldn't have been thrown off, this is the exit, you drive around then launch your boat right there. It seems strange to put the bike right there, with the holiday weekend there would be a ton of boaters to find it.

I apologize. Knew I shouldn't have posted about that.

NO, don't apologize! It was helpful to discuss the beat-up land yacht. The fact that you saw a Caucasian driving one and brought it up, by luck, on a website where I'm probably the guy you saw, helps eliminate things! You are alert, and that's good.

I sure hope they do. However if this is a "plant of evidence" by the suspect much after the crime, my suspicion, then LPD and FBI will have a timeline from hell to work with.

If it was planted at any time after dark or before dawn, they're going to have a hell of a time anyway -- going by the shots visible on the camera right now, NOTHING is going to be seen. It looks like this area is one of those on the Interstate that doesn't have light sources available. Which makes that area so much more creepy now, IMO.

I truly apologize. I'm generally super paranoid, and that's probably all it was. I was EXHAUSTED that evening, and I likely just overreacted (in my head).

Again, no sweat. But if you go to Albertson's tonight, I will be showered... just got done with a tre dirty job and even I won't go there looking like I do right now!

The intriguing aspect of this case, besides the fact that the crime supposedly occured less than 2 blocks from my residence, is the FBI involvment. The rational that it was a college student near the University makes sense. However after scanning through the FBI website I learned that they typically get involved in cases related to online stalking or predators.

According to the FBI's policy in missing persons cases, they are not permitted to release pictures or information about wanted fugitives or information relating to the missing person. Hints the ambiguous clues presented to the public, as well as other security cameras' (Martin & Castille funeral home) vantages that haven't been presented.

As I've stated before we can't rule much out at this point. But we shouldn't jump to conclusions at the same time. Mainly because I believe LPD and FBI know much more than us at this point.

Thank you for posting this about FBI rules. I wasn't aware of the no release policy when the FBI is involved. There is a young Soldier missing (another petite blond) out of Fayetteville, NC and we were just commenting over on her thread that she's not pictured on the missing person site of the police department - wonder if FBI involvement has anything to do with that.

So.... nothing to do but wait for the specifics of the bike to be released - IF they are. The timing of the drop and exact location is going to be key, before any progress can be made.

158 guests on this thread right now, just noticing.

ETA: Members are well outnumbered, LOL

Yeah it wouldn't have been thrown off, this is the exit, you drive around then launch your boat right there. It seems strange to put the bike right there, with the holiday weekend there would be a ton of boaters to find it.

Yes, many people have been out on the water since Friday with obvious knowledge of the case. It's memorial day weekend. I believe someone else would have found it earlier had her bike been at that spot for a week or few days. I suspect it was recently planted, for the perps own sadistic purposes. Often, as I have learned in these eerie kidnapping/murder cases of other attractive females, the suspect's own ego is fed by the investigation.

If you're following along on local Lafayette news sites, it's not uncommon at all to have horrible grammar and spelling. It's appalling on a regular basis.

It's Louisiana, where education comes last. Said by a lifelong Louisiana native!

Thanks... recovering from hereditary hemochromatosis that almost did me in. It wrecked my joints and am recovering from multiple surgeries. That's why I took my boat out to look, instead of doing hiking I can't yet do.

I don't take enough care of my appearance, I know, because I like getting dirty and working on things. I do clean up nice, I'm told.

As far as the Cadillac, I have been spreading the word among the black gas-station clerks about it. They are very interested and want to help find the Caddy. I also am going to print out the surveillance photo to show, and also to have in my car because I figure I'm going to start getting pulled over because my car looks sort of like a Caddy, though it's a Lincoln. At least I've been driving the tank for 5 years here and the local LEOs know it from the Fleur de Lis hood ornament and from when I turn it into the Saintsmobile,

Spreading the word to find the Caddy is my new mission. If they saw anything, passing by a white truck pulled over talking with a bicyclist, etc., that will help!

That's really great of you to do so much to help! :clap:

As far as the Cadillac, I have been spreading the word among the black gas-station clerks about it. They are very interested and want to help find the Caddy. I also am going to print out the surveillance photo to show, and also to have in my car because I figure I'm going to start getting pulled over because my car looks sort of like a Caddy, though it's a Lincoln. At least I've been driving the tank for 5 years here and the local LEOs know it from the Fleur de Lis hood ornament and from when I turn it into the Saintsmobile

So, dude! I think I've seen you around town! You look tres cool in your land yacht!

158 guests on this thread right now, just noticing.

ETA: Members are well outnumbered, LOL
AND once again I shall invite all guests to join us and have your say - your opinion has value - although you don't need me to tell you that! - and will be valued here.

No, don't laugh too hard, but it's actually a website devoted to conspiracy theories etc. etc. Not really a site that deals with missing persons or crime. Someone posted a thread about Mickey Shunick on the 21st and this particular person responded with this:

<modsnip>.

This is my first post here. I've been following this case very closely since I originally heard about it. I used to live in Lafayette and there was a point that I was out at all hours of the night, going to and fro, completely unaware of any danger. This hits extremely close to home, and as someone that has previously lost a dear friend that was originally missing in that area, my heart is breaking for all of her friends and family.

I've been following the thread on Godlikeproductions and was also really creeped out by the things this user said. I wanted to point out that I did a search on his user number and found out that one of his aliases on that forum is Zodiac Killer, and based off one of his posts, he lives in an area that is currently experiencing hot weather, and he also said that he wanted to "bust open his head and bury" someone his sister knew.

I'm not sure if he has anything to do with Mickey, but it's better to be safe than sorry because he does seem to be taunting/trolling the people on the GLP forums and has been eerily accurate about the white truck and the body of water.

Can anyone tell me what specifics have been released about the bike? Under the bridge? Surrounded by trash? Not under the bridge? I'm wondering what exactly law enforcement has released?

Would like to get a firm handle on the facts as they are tonight.

Just came inside from some work. Wanted to post that the reason I think it's important to find the car is NOT so much that it's the perp//// remember that the truck is the one that turned around. The reason the car is important is that it may have passed the point of abduction right about when it was going down, if the suspicions raised by the camera images are valid.

We're looking for a WITNESS in that car, hopefully. And why look for the car? It's more distinctive and easier to find. And so playing the easier card has an outside chance of finding a witness in the Cadillac who saw something, which may may it easier to narrow down the search for the white truck, among thousands.

By the way, just so you know, that Caucasian guy who got into the lighter colored land-yacht who "gave you the willies" was probably me. I'm the only Caucasian I have seen in the whole city driving one, and I shop at Albertson's a lot, usually at night. I look rough quite often when I go in there - usually working in the dirt on some car or working on something else at the place, and I'm tired at the end of the evening and my hair is standing up and full of auto grease and my clothes all dusty....

So, try not to get sidetracked. My car is a '78 Lincoln with opera windows in the rear pillar and the car in the photo is a Cadillac. It would cost the police wasted man-hours to check me out.

My car is silver. Now, if you saw a beat-up "land yacht" that was a Cadillac, with body work on the right rear, then that may be the car.

Funny I had to say that, but it's a small town, and I do drive a beat-up land-yacht, and no sense us going in circles.

I'm assuming a lot of possible witnesses have been located and interviewed, given the various footage reviewed. I'm hopefully assuming, I guess.

How often do all of us drive past something every day until we barely register that it's there? If I'm pumping gas or running to the convenience store at 1:00 or 2:00 AM in my own or a very familiar neighborhood, I'm probably not paying much attention to details unrelated to the task at hand. Keys, phone, credit card, doors locked, is there a deer in the trees at the edge of the road?.... Evil doers count on that, live by that. Familiarity can be the opposite of safety if the wrong person's watching.

I think about that a lot. Who's actually in this parking lot or the next aisle? I have a grown daughter and three granddaughters and it's scary how the risk increases with each generation.

At the time of the OKC bombing, I remember thinking 'did I ever cross paths with this monster? Brush by him on a street corner, breathe the same air in an elevator, handle the same coins?' Now I'm stuck with that thought. I can't have moved through the world for this many decades without glancing off one of these creatures.

I suppose, like a lot of us, I'm wondering how I can expect to escape life untouched by this sort of thing. And every time it's not my family I'm simultaneously relieved, terrified and guilt ridden.

I'm afraid for this girl. And for my girls.

Off topic and perhaps a bit of a diversion while we all check in from time to time feeling completely helpless and on pins-and-needles.

I'm not local but have to say that I've obtained a wonderful sense of day-to-day life in southern LA by reading the award-winning mystery novels of James Lee Burke and his fictional stories about a policeman named Dave Robicheaux who is based in New Iberia.

He has a new book coming out this summer:
http://www.jamesleeburke.com/bibliography/46.php

Thanks, I'll read him.

FWIW, my best friend, in east Texas, told me there's no way in hell she would ever venture into those areas off the interstate. She mentioned Deliverance.

This is my first post here. I've been following this case very closely since I originally heard about it. I used to live in Lafayette and there was a point that I was out at all hours of the night, going to and fro, completely unaware of any danger. This hits extremely close to home, and as someone that has previously lost a dear friend that was originally missing in that area, my heart is breaking for all of her friends and family.

I've been following the thread on Godlikeproductions and was also really creeped out by the things this user said. I wanted to point out that I did a search on his user number and found out that one of his aliases on that forum is Zodiac Killer, and based off one of his posts, he lives in an area that is currently experiencing hot weather, and he also said that he wanted to "bust open his head and bury" someone his sister knew.

I'm not sure if he has anything to do with Mickey, but it's better to be safe than sorry because he does seem to be taunting/trolling the people on the GLP forums and has been eerily accurate about the white truck and the body of water.

Welcome to Websleuths. I cannot stress enough how important it is for y'all to send the links and/or screenshots to LE. Please, please do it.

I'm a cup half full thinking person. I see the bike being found on land as a good thing. Why would someone put her in the water and not the bike also? I'm still very hopeful that she will be found alive. I was actually happy that the bike was found on land and not in the water.

Just a wishful thinker from the south side of Lafayette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx