LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also suspected he fell into the water. In my opinion, it should always be considered when there's so much water nearby. The river's current is strong and could have brought him out into the Gulf of Mexico, or he could have gotten wedged under things along the river's edge.

Nevertheless, the family is still looking for him and they need some sort of closure. :please:

Re: Danny McGee, "A man who was hunting for mushrooms in the area found a skull Monday evening. The scene was secured Monday night and deputies investigated Tuesday."

What kind of mushrooms? :D

They are called Morel, and they are delicious. That's the only mushroom my hubby will eat. They appear in April, and are gone by the middle of May. They kinda taste like fried fish. We call them dry land fish. :seeya:

His brother surmised he fled in fear of a DUI. No one knows if that's true, or if the PI was tracking the right person. The homeless man theory didn't pan out, and it's pretty consistent with mistaken sightings in other missing persons cases.

He couldn't have gotten far on foot, missing a shoe no less, and I think it's unlikely anyone would have given him a ride looking the way he must have after being in an accident where he had to crawl out of the car. A good Samaritan might have stopped to drive him to a hospital, but there's no record of him visiting an ER, and why wouldn't that person have come forward? Why hasn't anyone come forward who saw him after the accident? Three possibilities:

1. No one did
2. He was a victim of foul play
3. The person doesn't live in the area, own a TV, or look at billboards.

JMO

So, you're saying he likely fell into the river and was washed away?

I've also suspected he fell into the water. In my opinion, it should always be considered when there's so much water nearby. The river's current is strong and could have brought him out into the Gulf of Mexico, or he could have gotten wedged under things along the river's edge.

Nevertheless, the family is still looking for him and they need some sort of closure. :please:

Just from knowledge of some previous cases where men "disappear" and alcohol is involved, it isn't a far stretch of the imagination to believe this is what happened with Shane. Would like to know what leads Texas Equusearch to their opinion he didn't, other than the possible "sightings" which haven't really been confirmed.

MOO

Just from knowledge of some previous cases where men "disappear" and alcohol is involved, it isn't a far stretch of the imagination to believe this is what happened with Shane. Would like to know what leads Texas Equusearch to their opinion he didn't, other than the possible "sightings" which haven't really been confirmed.

MOO

It is my understanding that the water in the vicinity of the wreck is shallow and stagnant. I either read that or saw the reference in a video a few years ago.

ok so no rain, which means???? Why was his shoe in MUD? Why was it found by the brother not the police and when was it found? That night or another day while searching? It don't seem to have rained within days prior of the accident either. And theory for the windshield wipers had they really been on, is because it was bumped by him rolling in the car, or he kicked the lever climbing out the passengers seat window. Would still l Like to know if they were on or not? Would confirm what the caller had said about them.
Doesn't have to rain to have mud in south Louisiana, especially near a levee & batture. The water table is very high, so mud is all around, especially near the river. I also agree with Bessie regarding walking/stumbling/rolling/falling into the river. River road is heavily traveled, so I believe he would have been seen.

I also don't know about street lights in that area. Where there enough so that he could see where he was going, even in a disoriented state from a head wound? Unfortunately, I think he may have met with foul play. I haven't been to Marrero for years, so I'm not sure about that neighborhood. If nothing was found but a shoe...I lack the sleuthing experience to even guess at that.

It is my understanding that the water in the vicinity of the wreck is shallow and stagnant. I either read that or saw the reference in a video a few years ago.

Thanks! I thought it was a river.

Hmmm.. that would seem to be an important detail, I wonder if anyone could find the source for that? Perhaps they meant the water in the ditch near the car?

This is Charley Projects account on the case:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fell_shane.html

I just started with the posts on this case. My initial thought was that Shane was disoriented after the accident and drowned in the river. However, some accounts say it was very shallow water. However, a person can drown in shallow water. For instance, people who drown in bathtubs.

It would reason if this was the case that his body would be found. Here are some beginning scenarios that I have:

Shane was more hurt than he thought, became disoriented and lost. He could still be alive as a victim of amnesia.

What rivers or lakes exist in the accident's vicinity? Shane being disoriented could have fallen into one of them and drowned with his body swept away.

Did Shane met with foul play. Is it known where he was going that day or night after meeting his brother at the Daiquiri Shop? How much did Shane drink at the Daiquiri Shop? Drug problems?

What about Shane's relationships with family and friends?

Satch

The shoe in the mud...like others have pondered, what happened for it to be there?

So, I was thinking. There's such a small window of time that I don't know how possible this might be, but what if he was accidentally hit by another driver while SF was waiting for his brother to come.

I think we've all heard about how shoes can fly off when hit with enough force. So, one of his shoes flew and landed in the spot his brother found it later on. Maybe the driver was scared of getting in trouble, so he put SF into his car and drove off with SF, either in an injured state...or maybe it was a fatal hit. *wince*

Where was Shane's shoe when found? Reports are that his brother found it in the mud near the car. The report below says "a family member found Shane's shoe in the woods?" Was it the same shoe his brother found? Or the other shoe?

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2011/06/shane-fell-missing-after-traffic.html

How far is the wooded area from where the car was found flipped over?

Satch

It seems that there are some facts that are being withheld. If his family truly wants him found, they should answer all questions honestly and completely. People don't just disappear. There is no such thing as magic. I am confident that this case can be solved if we are given all of the facts.

However,

What evidence shows that the family is giving evasive information? Right now, there seems to be a lot of things that they don't know. Why would they hide Shane's disappearance?

Satch

Hmmm.. that would seem to be an important detail, I wonder if anyone could find the source for that? Perhaps they meant the water in the ditch near the car?

Look for the pictures I posted not too far back in the thread to show a puddle of water in the ditch.

I get the impression TexasEquusearch didn't think Shane was in the river.

His brother found one of his shoes. Maybe either:
- Shane was disoriented, walked away/hid from police, EMT, etc, and then met up with someone with nefarious intentions (or person with nefarious intentions got to him before LE & EMTs got there)
- Shane was disoreinted, walked away/hid from police, EMT, etc. and has a head injury that caused him to wander off; he is living somewhere, somehow in a state of confusion/amnesia/etc

I just can't get over his brother finding his one shoe in the mud near his car. If he was in his right mind/not disoriented and for some reason fleeing the scene of the accident of his own accord (to not get a DUI or something), it seems like he wouldn't have lost his shoe or would have taken a second to retrieve it if it fell off.

I think this fall on 2 things. he tried to walk in the mud and his shoe came off or someone tried to carry him.. If there is mud on his feet then there would be mud on the roads. I don't understand why hoi brother didn't tell him to just stay put./ why didn't he call ambulance or police to meet him there. where are the foot prints. where is his phone where did It last ping? .I hate to sound but I hate to sound rude. but think some letting on is going on here or some omitting..

If it rained then the foot prints of whom ever would still be found. Tires track ever fresher.

This is Charley Projects account on the case:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fell_shane.html

I just started with the posts on this case. My initial thought was that Shane was disoriented after the accident and drowned in the river. However, some accounts say it was very shallow water. However, a person can drown in shallow water. For instance, people who drown in bathtubs.

It would reason if this was the case that his body would be found. Here are some beginning scenarios that I have:

Shane was more hurt than he thought, became disoriented and lost. He could still be alive as a victim of amnesia.

What rivers or lakes exist in the accident's vicinity? Shane being disoriented could have fallen into one of them and drowned with his body swept away.

Did Shane met with foul play. Is it known where he was going that day or night after meeting his brother at the Daiquiri Shop? How much did Shane drink at the Daiquiri Shop? Drug problems?

What about Shane's relationships with family and friends?

Satch

Satch I think he was a bit disoriented, but the fact from what is being said is n my opinion. he answered his phone which proves he was not that gone into the accident. Now we don't know the full conversation.

This why I assume some letting on is happening( omitting details) . where Is this man phone. why didn't the brother call the police to meet him there.? why didn't he call the ambulance to meet him there. why didn't he call a tow truck? where are his car key? Theses are common thing anyone would do before they head out regardless of family member defiance in the matter that be. Why didn't he tell him to stay put in the car.

IM not accusing anybody of anything but a lot detail are being omitted. A shoe in the mud means unless it rained really hard his foot print should be some what seen in the mud and even on the ground some what. Unless someone carried him or he travel on rocks.

Im just in awe of these events why didn't he ask him to stay on the phone and stay put? Stuff like this saves lives. Im not blaming the brother. he might have thought everything was ok. But when a family is hurt or in distress you bring the whole army.. You cant go out there alone like that. I think its more to whats, being said.

Well somebody called the police because his brother and the police arrived at the scene within 20 minutes of the accident.

http://www.jpso.com/Missing/MissingPerson.aspx?id=511

J.P.S.O. ITEM: F-10126-11
DATE: 6/12/2011
NAME: SHANE FELL AGE: 36
RACE: WHITE SEX: MALE
HEIGHT: 6'2 WEIGHT: 200
EYES: HAZEL HAIR: BLONDE
DOB: 10/9/1974 COMPLEXION: FAIR
CLOTHING: BLUE JEANS, WHITE SHIRT WITH BROWN VERTICAL STRIPES.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTORS: MEDIUM BUILD, SCAR ON CHIN
VEHICLE:
DETAILS:
Missing Person last known location was at the intersection of River Road and Barataria Boulevard in Marrero, Louisiana. Missing Person was involved in a single car crash at that location and could possibly be injured as a result of the accident. Subject was last seen on June 10th, 2011 at 12:48 a.m. at the intersection of the crash.

511.png

BBM

If Subject = SF, then he was seen at the intersection of the crash by someone. At least, that is how I read this. Am I right?
Car crashed at location x and SF was seen at the intersection. I assume he was not seen by the person who made the call to LE, but by someone else who came forward later.
Depending on where the intersection is, this may explain why the familie thinks SF did not fall into the river.

Or is this a way of referring to the call with his brother between 12.45 - 12.50 am? That is an odd way of saying he was 'seen'.

No I would not think that it refers to the phone call with the brother.

Perhaps we could ask Bessie to weigh in on that section of Marrero..I've only been there twice. The East Bankers of NOLA tend to refer to the West Bank of the river as the 'Worst Bank' wholly unfair, & I'd live in Algiers Point in a little cottage in a heartbeat. I will, however, ask a woman I know here in the *advertiser censored* end of nowhere who is from there, an area that floods all too easily, what that area is like. Do we have addresses for the shop? Or the surrounding area? I know Bessie put up google maps.

And yes, in Louisiana we still have *advertiser censored* fights (that's not sounding good--rooster fights,) it's illegal but on highway 14 you could still see signs 'fight at ___ bar sat nite' And drive-thru Daiquiri shops. Not good, I know.

Someone posted the actual location earlier, and it is not even at an intersection. Given that this detail is incorrect, I wouldn't put too much stock in the word "seen" being used here. My guess is it refers to the brother's call.

BBM

If Subject = SF, then he was seen at the intersection of the crash by someone. At least, that is how I read this. Am I right?
Car crashed at location x and SF was seen at the intersection. I assume he was not seen by the person who made the call to LE, but by someone else who came forward later.
Depending on where the intersection is, this may explain why the familie thinks SF did not fall into the river.

Or is this a way of referring to the call with his brother between 12.45 - 12.50 am? That is an odd way of saying he was 'seen'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz