LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

ok so no rain, which means???? Why was his shoe in MUD? Why was it found by the brother not the police and when was it found? That night or another day while searching? It don't seem to have rained within days prior of the accident either. And theory for the windshield wipers had they really been on, is because it was bumped by him rolling in the car, or he kicked the lever climbing out the passengers seat window. Would still l Like to know if they were on or not? Would confirm what the caller had said about them.

That is intriguing that there was no rain. I just assumed his shoe got stuck in mud, but that can't be the case. I wonder what happened.

I was just looking at the family's search site, there is a shocking amount of effort being put in there. Have any of the family, specifically his brother, been here to help answer questions? I can't see the point in speculating about things that they know the answers to, especially since they are trying so hard through other avenues.

That is intriguing that there was no rain. I just assumed his shoe got stuck in mud, but that can't be the case. I wonder what happened.

I was just looking at the family's search site, there is a shocking amount of effort being put in there. Have any of the family, specifically his brother, been here to help answer questions? I can't see the point in speculating about things that they know the answers to, especially since they are trying so hard through other avenues.

I did post that Shane was the feature story here on Shane Fells missing FB page in hopes a family member would come and comment or answer questions. I'm still hoping.
https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindShaneFell1

When I registered for WS, my gmail wasn't accepted but my yahoo was.
HTH

From the information provided, it is almost certain that Shane suffered some form of head injury from the impact of the car accident. The presence of only one of his shoes and his speedy disappearance from the accident scene makes me wonder if he was struck by another vehicle after exiting his own car. The force of impact would be enough to knock someone's shoes off. A panicked driver scooping up his body and removing it from the scene could account for how quickly he was able to leave the area.

ok so no rain, which means???? Why was his shoe in MUD? Why was it found by the brother not the police and when was it found? That night or another day while searching? It don't seem to have rained within days prior of the accident either. And theory for the windshield wipers had they really been on, is because it was bumped by him rolling in the car, or he kicked the lever climbing out the passengers seat window. Would still l Like to know if they were on or not? Would confirm what the caller had said about them.

The windshield wiper comment offered by the caller is odd...but like you point out could have easily been turned on by the turmoil of trying to get out of an overturned vehicle. What I found odd was the absence of a comment indicating the headlights were turned on (battery would have still been connected) and/or car still running ((very common even if vehicle is overturned)) - absolutely no mention made of headlights or engine still idling.

BBM
If you look at the pictures, as we did, the windshield wipers could hardly move at all.
IMHO, this is a red herring. Someone made a mistake, either during the call or in the report.
Or if indeed they were on, I think your idea of SF kicking the lever is a good one, and probably as good as it gets.

I'm from Northeast LA but never heard about this case until now. Regarding head injury, the husband of one of my female friends got in wicked car wreck back in 2010/2011 on Interstate 20. He walked several miles to gas station and was never found again. Cameras caught him coming in but apparently he exited out side door. Never used his debit or credit cards. He's dead IMHO but hasn't been found.

So yes, a doctor reviewed footage of his behavior inside gas station and stated was 90% probability that severe head injury played factor. Google "Mark Mayo missing Monroe, LA" if interested. L..

BBM.
I did google Mark Mayo missing Monroe, LA and I found that the information helps to understand better what happens with a person in case of a head injury. Not all internal head injuries are the same of course, Natasha Richardson walked away as if nothing was the matter and onlookers thought the same, but this person may have thought he was allright or only a bit dizzy when obviously he was not.

I am sorry that Mark Mayo has not been found yet either.

This reminds me of that case where the couple left a family holiday party (I think) and got in an accident, maybe hit a pole. The man was found in the vehicle deceased but the woman was nowhere to be found. It was winter and they did and extensive search of the area but did not find her. I believe it was a few months later she was found in a nearby field. She had walked that far herself and succumbed to either the weather conditions or her injuries or both. In that case there were many scenarios considered but I the end it was just this simple - she left the accident and perished soon after, nothing nefarious or criminal happened.

I think that is the case here as well. I just think that the simplest scenario is the most likely - he was disoriented, it was dark, he was intoxicated and possibly injured, and he wandered further than expected or he went into the nearby waterway. I hope that this spotlight encourages a new search that will bring Shane home to rest.

IIRC, he fled the scene in fear of police arriving and charging him with DUI. Suffering a head injury he took to living in a homeless camp and using drugs. A private investigator tracked him briefly before he became aware of them looking for him and he took off. A witness identified him in a photo and indicated that in addition to the scar on his chin, he also had a more recent scar on his forehead. But, of course, there is no direct evidence of this. No photos, property or dna. However, since he has not been found deceased, and that area was searched and searched many times, he could certainly have walked away. He has family/friends in GA also, and may have headed that way.

The ground along that fence might stay damp and soft. That's just the way it is down here, especially in spring and summer months. Certain areas are never really dry. Here you can see where water pooled, and the ground is broken up. I don't know if that's from erosion, or if work was being done on the drainage.
car-d.JPG

car-e.JPG

That aside, it had rained earlier that day around noon. And from June 6-9, we received about 1.25 inches.

http://www.wunderground.com/persona...LANEWOR10#history/s20110605/e20110609/mcustom

As for the shoe, it could be that while LE and first responders were writing reports and doing their work, SF's brother was looking around on the ground for his cell phone or wallet, anything he might have left behind. Or maybe he found it the next day. Seems like I knew that at one time, but I don't recall now.

I'm not sure what I think about the windshield wipers. The caller's response always sounds so odd to me because it's out of context. I suppose it's possible he misunderstood the question.

Dispatch: Is anyone still in the vehicle?

Caller: The windshield wipers is still on.

The windshield wipers could have easily been switched on during the accident. I had a very minor fender bender a few years back and bumped the switch on the steering column which turned on the ww. So that in itself doesn't mean anything. It's just funny that's what stood out to the caller. He didn't say the car is completely upside down, or the tires are spinning, as someone else commented. No. He noticed the ww. I can't imagine any reason he would have said they were on if they weren't. It just seems impossible from the pictures we've seen. Could the car have been leaning upright on its side when the witness saw it, and then rolled over afterward? Who knows. I only pray answers come very soon for the family.

Search Continues For Man Missing From Crash - YouTube

IIRC, he fled the scene in fear of police arriving and charging him with DUI. Suffering a head injury he took to living in a homeless camp and using drugs. A private investigator tracked him briefly before he became aware of them looking for him and he took off. A witness identified him in a photo and indicated that in addition to the scar on his chin, he also had a more recent scar on his forehead. But, of course, there is no direct evidence of this. No photos, property or dna. However, since he has not been found deceased, and that area was searched and searched many times, he could certainly have walked away. He has family/friends in GA also, and may have headed that way.
His brother surmised he fled in fear of a DUI. No one knows if that's true, or if the PI was tracking the right person. The homeless man theory didn't pan out, and it's pretty consistent with mistaken sightings in other missing persons cases.

He couldn't have gotten far on foot, missing a shoe no less, and I think it's unlikely anyone would have given him a ride looking the way he must have after being in an accident where he had to crawl out of the car. A good Samaritan might have stopped to drive him to a hospital, but there's no record of him visiting an ER, and why wouldn't that person have come forward? Why hasn't anyone come forward who saw him after the accident? Three possibilities:

1. No one did
2. He was a victim of foul play
3. The person doesn't live in the area, own a TV, or look at billboards.

JMO

I think it is pretty likely that he took off out of fear of a DUI. In a video I watched, his brother said that he told him he "had a few beers and was going to get in trouble" and he was going to go pick him up. Meanwhile, some other person stops and calls 911.. messing up the plan. Shane takes off ... but where does he end up? That's the question.

This case could use a timeline, like the one Sillybilly created for Jeff Boucher. It would help to keep straight the order of what happened.

I think it is pretty likely that he took off out of fear of a DUI. In a video I watched, his brother said that he told him he "had a few beers and was going to get in trouble" and he was going to go pick him up. Meanwhile, some other person stops and calls 911.. messing up the plan. Shane takes off ... but where does he end up? That's the question.

This case could use a timeline, like the one Sillybilly created for Jeff Boucher. It would help to keep straight the order of what happened.

This is the time line I have come up with.

Thursday June 9 2011 Night: Brett and Shane at bar shooting pool drinking beer
Friday June 10, 2011 about 12:20am They leave in separate cars
Friday June 10, 2011 Between 12:20-12:45am Unknown Driving in wrong direction
Friday June 10, 2011 12:45-12:50am Gets a call from Brett He was in accident
Friday June 10 2011 12:58am Passerby Calls in the accident to 911
Friday June 10 2011 1:05am Police were on the scene and Shane was not, River Road between Marrero Road and Klein St.
Friday June 10 2011 1:09am Family member talked to LE, said Shane was fine. assumed this is when Brett arrived.

That about as much as I got.

I believe it is possible he became disoriented after calling his brother, was stumbling along, and accidentally fell into the river. As some have suggested in earlier posts, if he was totally coherent he would have stopped and put his shoe back on. I cannot imagine almost three years later he is still purposefully hiding out to avoid a DUI.

:(

MOO

I agree with you. Whether he was intoxicated, suffered a head injury, or a combination of both, I feel this is going to be one of those cases where he either will eventually be found somewhere in the vicinity of the crash site or he went into the water and may never be found. I wonder why Texas Equusearch would be so confident he didn't go into the water?

Looking at the pictures posted above, you can see where the front windshield driver's side is smashed out in a round shape, as if his head went right through it. Even if he thought he may have been fine when he got out of the vehicle, he probably wasn't. Head injuries can sneak up on you like that.

Exactly. He may have thought he was fine, however, as he walked away from the crash site, became disoriented, and accidentally fell into the river. In his state especially he would not have been able to get out.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member