LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Kenny, I am so glad you were able to get here and post some stuff for clarity. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Hopefully something will come of this and enlighten us to where on earth Shane has disappeared to.

Also, it was questioned earlier what the 01:07:15 "RETURN' related to. Return from where by whom? I dunno

Ok I have been away for a couple of weeks, I had to play catch up, went from 10 pages to 30 something in no time. I warn my post will probably be long! And please remember anything written is just my
thoughts opinions and questions that come to mind.

Direction he was driving at time of accident. Even the Crash report has conflicting information:

Ill start saying, Shane should never have been on River Road at all. To get to Harvey you have to cross the Harvey Canal. West Bank Express way was one way to cross the canal, 4th Street the other. River Road doesn't cross the canal. Had he been disoriented and missed his 2 opportunities he still should have headed east from Barataria Blvd. I see talk of him headed west on this road and possibly making a "U turn" as we call them up north or a 180 Degree turn. I dont think this is plausible. For two reasons,
1. the accident would have happened with in the first 10-15 mins after leaving the bar. Which would have made his accident at 12:30-12-35am. We seem to all agree that the accident happened closer to 12:45-12:50am. Shortly before Brett called him.
2. Not that I am an expert but I believe when you flip/roll your car the way he did the flip happens on the outside of the curve. Doing a "U turn" before the pipes would make the U part of the curve in the middle of the road and think it would projected him further west not east. But again I am no expert on how cars roll, but to me it seems more plausible he was headed east. Like in the narrated part of the Crash Report, and the picture that shows how the car flipped. However the picture shows him flipping twice, I dont think that he flipped his car more than one time.

Missing time:

I would like to know what and where was he for the 20-30 mins unaccounted between 12:20-12:50am. Did he meet anyone? Why was he west of Barataria Blvd in the first place? The family don't seem to think Shane was that intoxicated, but that he may still have been just buzzed enough to get a DWI. At least that's how I read into the comments they have made about the drinking. There for I don't think he accidentally headed in the wrong direction. I know it was said Shane had only been in the area for a month after living in Georgia for about 10 years. But I also remember hearing that Shane grew up in that area, for all his life before moving to GA. I can not imagine him not knowing where he was as that is where he grew up, no matter how long he had been gone from town. Again I think he headed west probably on 4th street, with a purpose, into the Westwego area. What ever street he turned on put his car in the direction of River Road not 4th street. And that is why he was on River Road headed East back towards his home. JMO. HOWEVER THE QUESTION STILL REMAINS, Where did he go after he left the bar and before he crashed his car? cause in my opinion he had to have stopped somewhere in that area even just for a few minutes.

The Witnesses:

The 911 caller 12:58am. I have been thinking about him and his weird statement to the dispatch center. The windshield wipers are still on. The question I need answered now is, Was he on the scene when officials arrived? Or was he a passerby that did not stop but called it in? Had he not stopped he may not know if the driver was in the car but thought they might have been because the windshield wipers were still on. Although it still begs to wonder how he could see the wipers at all when the car was on its hood and the windshield seems to be in the curve of the ditch unseen. Maybe because he had only passed by and was driving he meant to say headlights? How well lit is this River Road at midnight? Shane may have been sitting beside the car when he passed by there for not seeing him at all. Which means we still don't know if he had been there when that call was made to 911. I cannot imagine the reasoning either for LE to ask the caller not to talk to the family.

The Young Couple. When did they come forward with their statement? Or did they get approached by LE? How did they know it was Shane? The statement they made is that they stopped to see if Shane was ok and needed any help. Shane supposedly responded that his family was on the way. And they kept on without even calling 911 to mention the accident.

The Pt Cruiser and Pipe yard Witnesses. I assume this was not the car the young couple had been driving? From what I understand a witness in the pipe yard saw the red/Maroon Pt cruiser stopped.The driver is unknown and has not come forward. I saw some comments of accidents happening with the first responders that maybe are being covered up. Well what if this scenario pertains to the driver of this car? PT Cruiser is coming around the curve and sees Shane's car. In the moment a curious passerby might take to just Peek at the accident hit Shane causing further injury internally. We don't know if he was bleeding at all internally. Fractured his neck from the rolling of the car. Maybe just knocking him over caused more internal damage and the driver got out and offered assistance. Shane now knowing he is not well accepted a ride to the hospital but on the way he died. Maybe that freaked out the driver of the car, and that is why they have not come forward. Someone ruled this far fetched theory out based on no other blood being found in the area. But not always is their blood. Internal injuries can kill you just as easily. Just because your hit dont mean you will be penetrated by something big enough to make you bleed externally. You could die from swelling of the brain, or the snapping of the neck. How long did the witness say the car was stopped for? and what direction was this car going on river rd?

The traffic cameras: are there any other ones along that road or on any of the cross streets. maybe even 4th St? and were any of those cameras checked for the plates of Shane's car to track his direction? If the PT Cruiser wasn't on the camera near the accident maybe down near the other cross streets? It was said there were 11 cars recorded on those cameras during that time, Were all of them talked to by LE? It sounds like out of the 11 cars Shane's car and the Pt cruisers car were the only two NOT recorded? Why would that be? Was the young couples car and the 911 callers car part of that 11 cars that were recorded? Seems like a lot of passerby's and witnesses from the passerby's to the people in the pipe yard, and only one decided to make a call to 911. That is kind of sad.

Other evidence:

The Shoe: Why was the shoe found days later? If it was so close to where the car was why did LE not search the area for any clues that night, this was a car accident and the driver was MISSING? possibly critically injured by the looks of the car. Injured was more a possibility then running away from a single car car accident. Why did they not pick it up even after it was mentioned for several days. Seems odd. I also think he lost it climbing out of the car. it got STUCK in the mud, So much so that it wasn't even found for days after the accident. I wouldn't care to dig in mud for a shoe had i been in this situation, Id consider it gone, especially under the circumstances.

The PHONE Pings: I had just recently watched a story about Tanya Rider. They found her by cellphone pings. Her husband had to fight tooth and nail to get the authorities to help find her. 8 days it took them to find her in this case, she was alive but had they taken any longer she may not have been. So I don't understand why LE would not only with hold this information but hinder outside help in the search for Shane. The last place Shane's phone pinged is where I would start a ground search. Why have the LE not organized any searches of their own based on these pings? I am unclear on if when Brett called Shane again after finding out he was not at the scene of the accident if it rang or if it had just gone to voice mail? If it went right to voice mail, he turned if off, BUT WHY? He knew his brother was coming, and even if he didn't want it to be heard if he was hiding, he could have put it on vibrate only. Why turn off the phone completely?

The Phone CALL Records. It would be interesting to see if he made or received any other calls besides those mentioned by Brett. Not just after the accident but the calls made earlier that day. As my thoughts again fall to those missing 20-30mins he was supposed to be heading home. Maybe there is a new friend he made that the family was unaware of that might know his where abouts before the accident.

The pictures of the car!
I don't know if there was another car involved you'd think paint would have rubbed off in both directions, Shane's on theirs and theirs on Shane's. Damage from a rolling car could cause damage on all sides. Where is the car now? Is it in police evidence? destroyed? in families possession? I also mentioned this before about the windshield and someone else agreed. That the majority of damage to the windshield, looks like impact from rolling. I think it hit or landed on the cement marker I saw in the ground in the area. Maybe that is what stopped the car from rolling any further? VERY LIL BLOOD, lil on windshield. wonders where on windshield, and how it got there, all I saw was a big hole? And more on door handle. basic nicks and cuts, Door handle must have been the drivers side one if he had gotten out on that side. As for the first responder kicking in the window. If that is standard procedure, I'd hate to be in an accident and stuck in a car when someone comes over and kicks glass in on me. Seems they would have or should have been more careful. or tried the doors first. Its said he got out a working door. That info about kicking in the window really confuses me and freaks me out a lil bit.

LE and the word suspect. Is it possible that in the car there was something that would make him more SUSPECT to something bigger? something he would have been ashamed his family to find out? Something to do with the missing time from 12:20 - 12:50am? Something that keeps LE from giving out certain information in their active case?

Just an odd thought that came to mind, When Brett and Shane left rum runners. Weren't they pretty much headed in the same direction at first? Wouldn't one have been right behind the other till they get over that Harvey Canal? How far apart in time did they leave each other? Sounded like they pulled out of the lot at the same time. Did one stay behind to say more goodbyes? If not wouldn't Brett see Shane turn West, either from in front of him, or the lack of Shane behind him after the turn East on which ever road they used to get over Harvey Canal?

The top things I think need to be addresses are:
1. the missing 20-30 mins in which it was said he was headed home and did not. Where did he go and who did he meet that put his vehicle eastbound through that curve on River Rd.
2. Who is the driver of the PT Cruiser that is witnessed on the scene? Maroon PT Cruiser.
3. The phone Records for Shane's phone. Not just for calls made after the accident but before. In hopes to find out the answers to 1.
4. The pings records of Shane's phone. For they can provide more areas to search for any clues, not just a living or dead body. There are things missing. Like his phone, his other shoe, the clothes he was wearing that night, his wallet. Finding any of these could provide clues to a number of the theories being discussed.

Anyway, I need a break from my thoughts, opinions and questions. Sorry so long but had a lil bit to catch up on. My :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents: giggles

Don't remember reading if the engine was still running when Brett pulled up?
Also, were the keys still in the ignition?
I would also like to know, along with Mystic above, where is the car now?

Don't remember reading if the engine was still running when Brett pulled up?
Also, were the keys still in the ignition?
I would also like to know, along with Mystic above, where is the car now?

We was told the car was still running when the 911 caller was at the wreck site..When Brett talked to Shane he could hear the ding ding bell for the light indicator going off..Shane's keys have never been found...We took a very strong magnet and drunk in the ditch and never found the keys....The Car as far as i know has been crushed....

We was told the car was still running when the 911 caller was at the wreck site..When Brett talked to Shane he could hear the ding ding bell for the light indicator going off..Shane's keys have never been found...We took a very strong magnet and drunk in the ditch and never found the keys....The Car as far as i know has been crushed....

If the keys were not in the ignition, how was the car still running? Any car i've had, the only way to get the keys out of the ignition is to turn the car off. AND again with any car I've had ... if the lights were on and the ding-ding was being heard, that means the car door was open.

If the keys were not in the ignition, how was the car still running? Any car i've had, the only way to get the keys out of the ignition is to turn the car off. AND again with any car I've had ... if the lights were on and the ding-ding was being heard, that means the car door was open.

The only person i not asked about the keys is the vol.Fireman and i am working on getting a meeting with him if will talk.......

Not to mention the windshield wipers.

I know some WW wipers are activated, but in my experience it depends on the position of the wiper switch(dash mounted vs steering column mounted).

I believe the air bag deploys and impacts or deflates and physically pulls on or activates the ww wiper switch or the operators knee activates them on impact.
<rsbm>

It seems the wiper switch on a '95 Saturn is part and parcel of a steering column multifunction switch (have to go to Pg 2 at the bottom of the chart):

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SM1117-Turn-...n-Switch-95-02-Saturn-see-below-/261070309625

In reading articles about the replacement of the unit, it does somehow interact with the airbag as initial instructions are to disable the air bag to avoid deployment when replacing the switch.

I thought it looked like a deployed airbag in the pics, but the crash report says otherwise. I can't see the crash sensor not activating it with the flipping and impacting with the ditch.

:confused: still.

Okay, I know I must seem a bit obsessed over this little detail. That's because I AM!!!

There was no engine running, and no ding-ding-ding, and no windshield wipers slapping time with a car in this condition. :snooty:

Of9IKGQ.jpg

Attachments

• car-c.JPG
    car-c.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 18
<rsbm>

It seems the wiper switch on a '95 Saturn is part and parcel of a steering column multifunction switch (have to go to Pg 2 at the bottom of the chart):

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SM1117-Turn-...n-Switch-95-02-Saturn-see-below-/261070309625

In reading articles about the replacement of the unit, it does somehow interact with the airbag as initial instructions are to disable the air bag to avoid deployment when replacing the switch.

I thought it looked like a deployed airbag in the pics, but the crash report says otherwise. I can't see the crash sensor not activating it with the flipping and impacting with the ditch.

:confused: still.

Do we even know if the air bags deployed at all?

Okay, I know I must seem a bit obsessed over this little detail. That's because I AM!!!

There was no engine running, and no ding-ding-ding, and no windshield wipers slapping time with a car in this condition. :snooty:

Of9IKGQ.jpg

See that's what I'm saying even if the windshield wipers were on, how would a passerby even know unless he peeked into the car through a window or door. cause the windshield is in the ground.

With the driver's door open (only way a ding would be heard at all), would the ding for keys in the ignition sound different or the same as the ding for the headlights on?

Good ol' USA won't let Canucks watch the video that has the 911 caller on it. Anyone happen to hear any ding-ding going on in that call?

with the nose of the car buried into the ''berm'' (grassy area) windshield is not even visible....wondering if the 'humming' of the windshield wiper motor was what 9ll caller ''heard''......the matter of the headlights was one that intrigued me... it is possible to have head lights on without motor running and ignition engaged. I had asked that way upthread....

See that's what I'm saying even if the windshield wipers were on, how would a passerby even know unless he peeked into the car through a window or door. cause the windshield is in the ground.

Regardless of whether the caller looked in the vehicle or not, with the windshield in that position in the ditch, I cant' see how the wipers would be able to move at all.

... it is possible to have head lights on without motor running and ignition engaged. I had asked that way upthread....
<rsbm>

Yes, it is possible .. happens all the time that peeps leave their lights on and end up with a dead battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67