LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been obsessed with this point as well, to the point of walking my tablet around and asking opinions of other people in my life. They are so tolerant, lol... Anyway, my husband reminded me of an accident we witnessed years ago, it was a really bad one involving a VW Jetta. It was basically crushed and landed upside down. We could hear the motor of the WW wipers, although we could not see the (demolished) windshield. Maybe the person that reported this was *hearing*, not seeing the wipers. The accident I witnessed was far more severe in damage and resulted in 3 fatalities, but the engine was running, the radio was on, wipers attempting to wipe, etc.

This is one anecdotal note, I know, just throwing it out there. The keys being missing is REALLY not supporting the dinging and wipers thing.... UGH!
Okay, I know I must seem a bit obsessed over this little detail. That's because I AM!!!

There was no engine running, and no ding-ding-ding, and no windshield wipers slapping time with a car in this condition. :snooty:

Of9IKGQ.jpg

Regardless of whether the caller looked in the vehicle or not, with the windshield in that position in the ditch, I cant' see how the wipers would be able to move at all.

Well the only thing the windshield statement makes me wonder is if he got out of the car. Had the 911 caller got out of the car he would have noticed if Shane was nearby. The statement of the windshield can also mean he didn't get out of his car and meant that when he drove by the headlights may have still been on. Thinking that was indication of someone still being in it maybe? I guess to me, Regardless if the windshield wipers were on or off, I want to know if the caller stopped his car and walked around Shane's. It would help to know if Shane disappeared before that 911 call or after that call.

Bessie, am still pondering your question as to whether or not the car could have been on it's side and toppled to the final position seen in the pics. No answer yet, but am hoping with struggling through the issues of open doors, dingers, wipers, keys, etc .. we might be able to get there yet.

I *think* Kenny said something regarding this pretty quickly after he joined. For the life of me I can't find it now though! I very well could have overlooked it, my short term memory makes browsing through posts troublesome, I tend to forget what I'm looking for.
Bessie, am still pondering your question as to whether or not the car could have been on it's side and toppled to the final position seen in the pics. No answer yet, but am hoping with struggling through the issues of open doors, wipers, keys, etc .. we might be able to get there yet.

With the driver's door open (only way a ding would be heard at all), would the ding for keys in the ignition sound different or the same as the ding for the headlights on?

Good ol' USA won't let Canucks watch the video that has the 911 caller on it. Anyone happen to hear any ding-ding going on in that call?

I just tried to find that video again.....but if I recall correctly there was no background noise at all -- dispatch was definitely the 'foreground' (dominant) voice I heard...

I *think* Kenny said something regarding this pretty quickly after he joined. For the life of me I can't find it now though! I very well could have overlooked it, my short term memory makes browsing through posts troublesome, I tend to forget what I'm looking for.

With the left front quarter panel on the ground it was ''open to speculation'' if the vehicle had been sideswiped and forced to leave the road......you can use the search feature for this forum...just type in a few key words (find in this thread) and wait for results ...

re post #129 in this thread with video.....I stopped video at 33'' and took a hard look at the windshield -- looks to me (no expert) that the windshield damage was from rolling/impact of accident and not the driver (MOO) and the quarter panel front left side missing -- given that is (highly speculative on my part) potential ''possibility here was actually a side swipe with another vehicle that was so minor it didn't big damage to other vehicle but caused ''over correction'' by SF.

Could it be possible that other driver returned to scene between BF's calls ?

mystic......and mrs obrien

Is there anyway to get the entire 911 call that you do have in text form from LE? Something you can read as you hear it? and see where they cut it? It seems like the call we do hear on the Unexplained episode is only partial, and they to may have cut parts out to better fit the show.

Kenny, does anyone know where the right front quarter panel of Shane's vehicle went to?

If he was travelling eastbound and the back end of his vehicle slewed in the direction indicated on the state crash report, how is it that the right front quarter panel appears to have been peeled backwards towards the driver's door? The report shows the back of his vehicle hitting those posts. If you look at the diagram of the manner of collision, it appears he may have been hit on the right front coming into that curve.

Sorry so many posts in a row.

another quarter panel query by sillybilly

On the windshield wipers being on. Some vehicles are designed to do certain things in a crash with things such as emg. flashers, shut fuel/stop engine, deploy air bag, etc.

I know some WW wipers are activated, but in my experience it depends on the position of the wiper switch(dash mounted vs steering column mounted).

I believe the air bag deploys and impacts or deflates and physically pulls on or activates the ww wiper switch or the operators knee activates them on impact.

Also as previously mentioned Shane may have bumped them exiting the vehicle.
Possibly the damage to the left front quarter panel interfered with the WW wiper motor mounted on the firewall under the hood on that side. Lots of possibilities. Looking at what happens upon an impact(owners manual) and Manuf. info. along with knowledge of the facts involved in the specific sequence of events should answer the how and why.

and finally quarter panel inquiry #3

Is there anyway to get the entire 911 call that you do have in text form from LE? Something you can read as you hear it? and see where they cut it? It seems like the call we do hear on the Unexplained episode is only partial, and they to may have cut parts out to better fit the show.

you can use the search feature for this forum...just type in a few key words (find in this thread) and wait for results ...

I agree it is unlikely that he could see the windshield wipers. Which to me makes the caller suspicious too, but it is said by the caller. In the documentation of the 911 call its mentioned its a PONTIAC sedan. How did he know that if he had just driven by? Did he stop? get out of his car? Offer Shane a ride? Below is the Youtube link that plays part of the passerbys call. I have also snipped the two pages that they do show. which I have posted below.
The uneXplained - Disappearance at Dead Man's Curve - Preview - YouTube

picture.php

picture.php

Bumping the video post #127

This is not the entire 911 call, in my opinion. or the entire 911 dispatch report. they snipped in my opinion.
And it is not the Transcribed words of the caller and operator, the report is the info she typed in for LE.

sillybilly just listened to video again and no background noises from caller side

The search function doesn't work via mobile, unfortunately. Maybe the WS facelift will fix this!
you can use the search feature for this forum...just type in a few key words (find in this thread) and wait for results ...

with the trunk being open ((from photo)) made me wonder if SF had crawled into trunk looking for ''guy stuff'' that he wanted to retrieve.....stayed quiet while 911 caller was there.

Bessie, am still pondering your question as to whether or not the car could have been on it's side and toppled to the final position seen in the pics. No answer yet, but am hoping with struggling through the issues of open doors, dingers, wipers, keys, etc .. we might be able to get there yet.
:bowdown:

You making fun of me bessie? :blushing: lol So its late and my brain hurts! lmao. Not to mention we have proof that reports sometimes have wrong info! so :p
No way, my friend. Poking fun at myself. Ask me a question about computers, cell phones, cameras, and electronic devices in general, and I will talk your head off if you let me.

But when it comes to cars? -->>
yJQHb5S.png

I've been obsessed with this point as well, to the point of walking my tablet around and asking opinions of other people in my life. They are so tolerant, lol... Anyway, my husband reminded me of an accident we witnessed years ago, it was a really bad one involving a VW Jetta. It was basically crushed and landed upside down. We could hear the motor of the WW wipers, although we could not see the (demolished) windshield. Maybe the person that reported this was *hearing*, not seeing the wipers. The accident I witnessed was far more severe in damage and resulted in 3 fatalities, but the engine was running, the radio was on, wipers attempting to wipe, etc.

This is one anecdotal note, I know, just throwing it out there. The keys being missing is REALLY not supporting the dinging and wipers thing.... UGH!
Thank you! I feel so much better. :)

Seriously, (knock on wood) I've been fortunate enough not to have experienced a serious automobile accident. And I've only come up close on a couple, but my attention was on the passengers and responders. I can't say I paid attention to the vehicle.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php

well Bessie I have a true rollover single vehicle accident for you

car was mine and a friend was considering buying it.

she was driving over a raised embankment (railway crossing) with steep incline and ditch approximately 15 to 20 feet down

lost control and car rolled several times.....landed upside down on roof it was a hardtop and was squashed to height of passenger seat backs.

she totaled my car -- but she was ok and she was not wearing a seatbelt....no injuries whatsoever -- badly shaken that's all.

I'm not a first responder or anything like that, but the universe has chosen to witness some intense things I guess. It's interesting that, when faced with emergencies like a car accident, the senses can become imbalanced. I don't recall visual memories of these very clearly, but the smell (rubber, electricity, blood) and sounds (wipers, radio) prevail. Maybe the sound is what the 911 caller could comprehend when faced with the accident. Totally speculating, and I don't really feel like I'm right, lol. SBM
Thank you! I feel so much better. :)

Seriously, (knock on wood) I've been fortunate enough not to have experienced a serious automobile accident. And I've only come up close on a couple, but my attention was on the passengers and responders. I can't say I paid attention to the vehicle.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member