LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should've saved the "thud" for that picture. Lol. My word!

Okay, I know I must seem a bit obsessed over this little detail. That's because I AM!!!

There was no engine running, and no ding-ding-ding, and no windshield wipers slapping time with a car in this condition. :snooty:

Of9IKGQ.jpg

Good point,

Brett must have heard something else that night, with everything in such a state of chaos. The car would seemingly be in too poor of a condition for much of the equipment to work properly, if at all.

This is all so sad and tragic for the Fells! I hope closure comes soon! I have been thinking about this case immensely!

Satch

Good point,

Brett must have heard something else that night, with everything in such a state of chaos. The car would seemingly be in too poor of a condition for much of the equipment to work properly, if at all.

This is all so sad and tragic for the Fells! I hope closure comes soon! I have been thinking about this case immensely!

Satch

I think Brett heard the car door open and the bell that rings when it is. He was said to have called right after the car accident. Maybe the door was still open cause Shane had just gotten out. Maybe he climbed back in after Brett said he was coming to get him and Shane grabbed his keys, and closed the door. From reports he was still pretty with it right after the accident when Brett had talked to him. and still seemed with it when young couple talked to him. And habit is to close a car door after getting in or out of it. Which would also be why the keys were not anywhere to be found. They are on Shane's Person.

The Comment tho about the windshield wipers from the caller is what stands out to me as odd. Why make that comment? The question I keep wanting answered is if he had stopped and got out and looked at the car. This matters to me because had he gotten out and not seen Shane as the other young couple that did, that would mean Shane disappeared from the area before the police were dispatched. Had he not gotten out of the car to look, or even stopped his car, he may not have noticed Shane who could have been sitting next to his car waiting. Its all about the timeline.

Had he still been sitting there and got scared by the police sirens and not wanting to get caught while under the influence, he had from 1:02:48 to 1:05:01am to take himself from the scene and hide. That is not a long time to get out of sight in my opinion. How athletic was he? Had the 911 caller got out and not noticed him sitting by the car is unlikely. So that means he went missing sometime between 12:45 and 12:58. But we have to factor in the known phone calls to and from Brett to each other. The one car that did stop that is known. and the other car the PT Cruiser that was seen stopping but hasn't come forward. I think the question is why did that PT Cruiser stop, what did they see and why haven't they come forward? Could the driver or the PT Cruiser have known Shane that he would get into the car with them? When did this car come along in the timeline? Before or after the 911 caller?

So many unanswered questions. Questions it seems LE has some evidence that may even help but they are withholding. what seems like EVERYTHING? why?

There is another possibility re comment on windshield wipers......is it possible caller just had a 'what's that word?' moment and said wrong thing...((called senior moment in my crowd)).

It's possible, imo. While tending to a crash victim, he asked me what highway we were on. I had a "senior moment" (at age 18 or 19, lol) and I blurted out the wrong answer. Windshield wipers is pretty specific though, I dunno...
There is another possibility re comment on windshield wipers......is it possible caller just had a 'what's that word?' moment and said wrong thing...((called senior moment in my crowd)).

Sillybilly did an amazing recap on the other page, if any of you haven't seen it:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246595&page=2

I woke up at 3 this morning with the thought of the missing insurance id card and keys blaring in my head. Actually, what was really screaming at me was what was NOT mentioned. The presence of the vehicle registration is never addressed in any report.

LE could have run his plate and gotten every piece of information available on his registration for the official report, so just because they seemed to have access to the information doesn't neccesarily mean they actually had it in their hands. I find all of this so perplexing.

What is the first thing you do when you are about to get out of your car? You take your keys out.

What is the first thing you do when you are about approach an officer after being in an accident? You gather your license, registration and proof of insurance.

I'm not saying those documents ever went into LE's hands from Shane's hands, but to me, it's definitely food for thought.

In photos of the car at the crash site, you can see papers on the roof of the car, like they landed there upon impact. It's just odd to me that all of that was so easy for my untrained eyes to see, and yet in ALL that mess of papers (and no evidence of any on the ground, I might add) LE couldn't find an insurance id card when they went to look.

It just seems so strange to me that every, single thing Shane would have had on his person to present to an officer seems to have vanished with him.

Wow... I missed a lot since my last check-in.

I really think that the 911 caller "heard" the windshield wipers rather than saw them. I think he was standing beside the car. But... that begs the question, HOW were they running without the keys in the ignition? Doesn't that mean Shane was still there at that point and later took the keys out? Where was he? Why didn't he take the keys out when he first left the car?

Sillbilly - I am in Canada and I was able to watch the 911 video, will see if I can find the link of where I watched it for you.

This whole insurance card thing bothers me. The only thing I wonder though, is if he always kept that stuff in his wallet rather than in the car, then it would make sense that it disappeared with his wallet.

Sillybilly did an amazing recap on the other page, if any of you haven't seen it:

I woke up at 3 this morning with the thought of the missing insurance id card and keys blaring in my head. Actually, what was really screaming at me was what was NOT mentioned. The presence of the vehicle registration is never addressed in any report.

LE could have run his plate and gotten every piece of information available on his registration for the official report, so just because they seemed to have access to the information doesn't neccesarily mean they actually had it in their hands. I find all of this so perplexing.

What is the first thing you do when you are about to get out of your car? You take your keys out.

What is the first thing you do when you are about approach an officer after being in an accident? You gather your license, registration and proof of insurance.

I'm not saying those documents ever went into LE's hands from Shane's hands, but to me, it's definitely food for thought.

In photos of the car at the crash site, you can see papers on the roof of the car, like they landed there upon impact. It's just odd to me that all of that was so easy for my untrained eyes to see, and yet in ALL that mess of papers (and no evidence of any on the ground, I might add) LE couldn't find an insurance id card when they went to look.

It just seems so strange to me that every, single thing Shane would have had on his person to present to an officer seems to have vanished with him.

Wow... I missed a lot since my last check-in.

I really think that the 911 caller "heard" the windshield wipers rather than saw them. I think he was standing beside the car. But... that begs the question, HOW were they running without the keys in the ignition? Doesn't that mean Shane was still there at that point and later took the keys out? Where was he? Why didn't he take the keys out when he first left the car?

Sillbilly - I am in Canada and I was able to watch the 911 video, will see if I can find the link of where I watched it for you.

This whole insurance card thing bothers me. The only thing I wonder though, is if he always kept that stuff in his wallet rather than in the car, then it would make sense that it disappeared with his wallet.

BBM. Some people do have extra insurance id cards in their wallets, but Louisiana law says proof of insurance must be in the vehicle at all times. Of course, that's assuming he was following the law, but most everyone I know keeps their proof with their registration in the glove box.

Is there anyway to get the entire 911 call that you do have in text form from LE? Something you can read as you hear it? and see where they cut it? It seems like the call we do hear on the Unexplained episode is only partial, and they to may have cut parts out to better fit the show.

What you hear is what we got.........SAD

Maybe he climbed back in after Brett said he was coming to get him and Shane grabbed his keys, and closed the door.
<rsbm>

But Kenny was told the car was still running .. not possible if the keys had been taken out of the ignition.

well Bessie I have a true rollover single vehicle accident for you

car was mine and a friend was considering buying it.

she was driving over a raised embankment (railway crossing) with steep incline and ditch approximately 15 to 20 feet down

lost control and car rolled several times.....landed upside down on roof it was a hardtop and was squashed to height of passenger seat backs.

she totaled my car -- but she was ok and she was not wearing a seatbelt....no injuries whatsoever -- badly shaken that's all.

We saw a one vehicle roll over accident a few years ago while driving through Florida. It was on the interstate, and there was a grass median between the north and southbound lanes. The car crossed over the median from the north to the southbound lane and started flipping. About the time it got over to the ditch, we saw a person fly out of the car, like a human sized rag doll. It wasn't good :( . Come to find out later though, that was the passenger who wasn't wearing a seatbelt. The driver survived more or less unharmed, but they weren't ejected from the vehicle. Anyway, it was so shocking to witness something like that I can still picture it in my head after all these years.

Main point, that was a much more severe accident, imo, than Shane's. So I can easily see him walking away. As several have questioned here though, I wonder if the car landed more or less on it's side, and then was turned upside down after being disturbed , either by LE or others.

Has anyone else considered the possibility of a road rage event ? Then the driver of the other car returned to the scene ? Could that have been the 911 caller ? But if that was the case it seems Shane would have told Brett this during their phone conversation. Right ? :confused:

It's also being speculated by several here, including myself, that whatever the circumstances, there quite possibly was another vehicle involved. But if so, why is it that Shane reported it to Brett as being specifically a one vehicle accident ? Why say that if it wasn't true ? Threat , coercion ?

<bbm>

My car keys and house keys are on the same ring. I can see Shane wanting to get the keys out of the car, but it still doesn't explain Kenny being told the car was still running. This begs the question, at what point was the car still running ... when the 911 caller phoned, or when FD or LE arrived?

Geaux, where on earth are you seeing a mess of papers on the roof of the car? I don't see paper and I don't see the roof of the car in any pic.

This is where I watched the video that contained the 911 call:

http://tv.biography.com/tv/the-unex...earance-at-dead-mans-curve-preview-2262366970

However ... in listening to it again, it has clearly been cropped. Is there a full version somewhere else? I'm not even confident the windshield wiper response was his reply to the question about whether there was someone in the car.

Thanks for the link juli !!

I also don't think the caller was responding to that question. That's why I asked Kenny if the family could determine where the cuts appeared on the DVD they were provided to see if one of the cuts was at that particular point in the call. Seems to me LE edited out something they didn't want folks to know, so we are left to wonder what and why.

Is it possible that LE or EMS removed the keys as a precaution and the keys were lost/misplaced in all the chaos. Maybe with the engine running the car could have potentially burst in flames.

<bbm>

My car keys and house keys are on the same ring. I can see Shane wanting to get the keys out of the car, but it still doesn't explain Kenny being told the car was still running. This begs the question, at what point was the car still running ... when the 911 caller phoned, or when FD or LE arrived?

Geaux, where on earth are you seeing a mess of papers on the roof of the car? I don't see paper and I don't see the roof of the car in any pic.

I don't see any papers either, nor the roof of the car.

Also, just watched the video clip and it finally sunk into my thick head, :facepalm: . According to Brett, Shane was already somewhat frantic when he was on the phone with him. Then when Shane heard sirens and realized LE was going to beat Brett to the scene, I can clearly see him becoming more panicked and very possibly trying to leave before they got there.

Sorry for my ignorance or if this has already been addressed, but I'm assuming that cell phone records from the carrier don't reveal the actual location when the phone is called and answered or goes to voice mail ?

DOOR.jpg

WRECKER YARD.jpg

This how the car looked on Saturday Morning...Windshield is not caved in....The door you can see the little blood at the top of the door...and the door handle is stuck in the open position...I am looking for the pics of the other door...I think i remember it was still in the lock position....I will post if i find it..Gonna try and talk to the Volunteer fireman this week...I will ask if the car was on its side and running......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper